What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Onions on your hamburger? (2 Viewers)

Do you like onion on your hamburger?

• Yes

Votes: 122 67.4%
  • No

Votes: 59 32.6%

• Total voters
Yes onions (preferably "Vidalia" or "sweet" ones)...tomato,lettuce, mustard & ketchup too.
You had me until ketchup :sick::yucky:
Ketchup on a burger might be worse than ketchup on a hotdog
Ketchup on anything is vile.
Reminds of a scene from The Bear:

Carmy and Richie are catering a children's party.

Carmy: Why didn't you bring ketchup?
Richie: What kind of a$$hole is going to put ketchup on a hot dog?
Carmy: A child, Richie.
Richie: A child a$$hole.

Yes onions (preferably "Vidalia" or "sweet" ones)...tomato,lettuce, mustard & ketchup too.
Ketchup on anything is vile.
Reminds of a scene from The Bear:

Carmy and Richie are catering a children's party.

Carmy: Why didn't you bring ketchup?
Richie: What kind of a$$hole is going to put ketchup on a hot dog?
Carmy: A child, Richie.
Richie: A child a$$hole.

That’s the one where he drops the Xanex or whatever in the lemonade
That one’s great

My wife and I both answered a hypothetical question ... You have a hamburger patty, cheese and a bun. You can only add one more ingredient. What do you pick?

My answer: Raw red onion
Hers: Ketchup

This is the kind of stuff she's lucky I didn't know before we got married.

My wife and I both answered a hypothetical question ... You have a hamburger patty, cheese and a bun. You can only add one more ingredient. What do you pick?

Bacon

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC

Bacon
It was in the running. The near misses were bacon, fresh jalapenos, and creamy horseradish

Like, how hard is it to toss some onions in a skillet with some oil and seasoning and then put them on your burger? Takes like 5 minutes. Raw is fine, but I don't get why you wouldn't fry 'em up a bit before.
Because a raw onion is delicious

Not arguing against that just curious why they have to be raw in this poll.

Like if he asked cheese or no cheese BUT IT HAS TO BE UNMELTED!!!111

Why?

Regular onions, only very sparingly. Doesn't take much for onion to overwhelm the other flavors. About one diced onion in a bite is more than enough to get the flavor without killing the rest of it.

Unless it's Vidalia or similar sweet onion.

Like, how hard is it to toss some onions in a skillet with some oil and seasoning and then put them on your burger? Takes like 5 minutes. Raw is fine, but I don't get why you wouldn't fry 'em up a bit before.
Because a raw onion is delicious

Not arguing against that just curious why they have to be raw in this poll.

Like if he asked cheese or no cheese BUT IT HAS TO BE UNMELTED!!!111

Why?

I think because, at least in my mind, raw onions and cooked onions are almost completely different foods. Cooked onions are softer, sweeter and lack the "bite" that raw onions have. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn either away, but I think the difference is more substantial than melted vs unmelted cheese.

Oh hell no. But then again.... no mustard, no lettuce, no pickles, no.... well, anything. Meat. Cheese. Bun. Dip in ketchup. Yes I am 5. :oldunsure:

I'd add bacon.

I'd add bacon.
Every once in a great while I like to stop and pat myself on the back for sharing my thoughts with the world.

Raw onion is way too variable for my liking. A relatively mellow, sweet onion might be okay, but once you realize the onion they put on your burger is the kind that overwhelms the whole thing, then it's already too late, so safer to just go without.

And if I'm making it myself, then I would cook the onion, because grilled caramelized onion is a different story as already noted. Mushroom onion swiss burgers are awesome.

Last edited:
I would pretty much take anything BUT raw onions on my burger. I feel like they overpower and ruin everything.

Like raw or carmelized.

Only eat burgers a few times a year so I like the basic. Ketchup, mustard, onion, pickle. Can take or leave the cheese.

Users who are viewing this thread