What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Onions on your hamburger? (1 Viewer)

Do you like onion on your hamburger?

• Yes

Votes: 122 67.4%
  • No

Votes: 59 32.6%

• Total voters
While I do like onions... I typically will not put them on a burger. Could be due to my wife's hatred for them, and the effect they have on my breath :)

I'll certainly do raw, but prefer fried. It could be all the butter they're swimming in that makes them taste so delicious.

I love onions. I'll put them on the burger (or damned near anything else), but won't go out just to buy one if I don't have one handy when I'm eating.

Always onions on my burger. At Whataburger, I will often tell them both raw and grilled onions. Same at In-and-Out if it looks kinda slow. Don't want to be a complete ###hole.

While I hate raw tomato, nothing better than fresh lettuce, raw onion and pickle slices on an old fashioned grilled burger.

Heaven on earth with an onion slice

I like mine with lettuce and tomato
Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes
Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer
Well, good god Almighty, which way do I steer?

Honestly, I’d rather put them in the meat than as a condiment.

Last edited:
I like onions, but my digestive system doesn't so I try to avoid. Especially raw.
Take a couple Beano if I do have some.

Like, how hard is it to toss some onions in a skillet with some oil and seasoning and then put them on your burger? Takes like 5 minutes. Raw is fine, but I don't get why you wouldn't fry 'em up a bit before.
Because then they don't snap.

The consistency people don't like is a big part of why it's awesome.

I'll eat them both ways but I'm just curious why the option ONLY included raw....it is minimal effort to transform them into caramelized deliciousness.

Finally one of these where I know going in I'm in the "not normal" group. I absolutely 100% always and forever this-is-my-hill-to-die-on hate and despise raw onions.

I'm fine with them caramelized or fried or bloomin or chopped up in a sauce or however you want to cook them, but I'll pick out every shred of raw onion no matter the dish. Raw onions just make the entire dish taste like nothing but onion, it overwhelms everything - no thanks.

Finally one of these where I know going in I'm in the "not normal" group. I absolutely 100% always and forever this-is-my-hill-to-die-on hate and despise raw onions.

I'm fine with them caramelized or fried or bloomin or chopped up in a sauce or however you want to cook them, but I'll pick out every shred of raw onion no matter the dish. Raw onions just make the entire dish taste like nothing but onion, it overwhelms everything - no thanks.
You’re no funyun.

No for me, but I’m a bit like Ron Swanson with my burgers — just the grilled meat on a bun, but would do the slice of cheese and some ketchup. Skip the lettuce, tomato, onion. Only thing I’ll sometimes add is Hatch green chile.

You’re no funyun.
His post ruffles me.

One of the best grilled burgers I've ever had contained minced onions worked right into the burger along with some spices. Cheese on top and it was perfect even without toppings.
My mom met my step-dad at a Royal Castle in Miami around 1968. There's only one Royal Castle left in Miami, it's similar to White Castle. They have small circular (not square) burgers with delicious minced cooked onions by default.

Any and all possible combination of toppings for me on hamburger's. That includes raw onions, sauteed onions, or grilled onions. Although I prefer raw.

The more toppings on a hamburger the better.

There are way too many picky eaters here.

Last edited:
Yes onions (preferably "Vidalia" or "sweet" ones)...tomato,lettuce, mustard & ketchup too.
You had me until ketchup :sick::yucky:
Ketchup on a burger might be worse than ketchup on a hotdog
Ketchup on anything is vile.
I always enjoy the anti ketchup stuff. I am a fan of ketchup but to each his own.
If nothing else.. I am here for your enjoyment ;)

Users who are viewing this thread