What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - When you set an alarm to wake up, do you regularly use the snooze button? (1 Viewer)

When you set an alarm to wake up, do you regularly use the snooze button?

• Yes

Votes: 53 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 98 64.9%

• Total voters
no - used too a long time ago ..... i get up pretty much without an alarm but have one set for the 5:30 I have to get up - usually im up at 4 then fall back to sleep so need the alarm :lol:

My wife is a hits snoozer and it drives me nuts

I mean of course not .... I'm not some snoozing weirdo

My wife, however, is a snooze button weirdo. And consequently so are my two boys.

Trying really hard to break that habit before boy #1 goes off to college next August.

BOOTS ON THE GROUND BOYS!!!!!

Had a roommate in college that would set the alarm for like 7am for an 8am class. He'd hit the snooze button every 9 minutes or whatever it was until he'd leave for class at 7:55 or whatever (if he'd even go). He said he had a hard time waking up. I tried explaining you'd get more and better sleep if you'd just set the alarm for 7:45 and get your butt moving, but that was too difficult for him. Not that I'm still bitter or anything...

I have young kids. They are my alarm and they don't have a snooze button. But no, I don't use snooze on the rare circumstance I need to set an alarm.

set the alarm for like 7am for an 8am
This is my wife, setting the alarm way earlier than when she actually intends to get out of bed and hitting the snooze repeatedly. Makes no sense to me, but I guess since she's back to snoring 5 seconds after hitting snooze it's okay for her, and luckily I'm usually up already or it would be super annoying.

I have done it, but not in a long time - really don't see the point since I set the alarm for the time I want to wake up. Also I'm usually already awake and checking my phone before the alarm time.

My wife, however, is a snooze button weirdo. And consequently so are my two boys.

Trying really hard to break that habit before boy #1 goes off to college next August.

i broke my habit by putting my alarm clock now phone - somewhere i have to get up to turn off

with a hpone as an alarm "doesn't always make sense" but i prefer it that way

I’ve set an alarm 4 times in the last year. And haven’t used an alarm consistently since retiring from active duty 6 years ago.
Every time it’s for a race. The alarm is Pandora on my phone, I don’t even know if I can snooze it.

No snooze, often wake up before the alarm.

Wife snoozes incessantly. We've been married over 20 years. I learned long ago to never mention the snooze button that she abuses and to just get up and out of her f-ing way in the morning.

Voted no.
I wake on my own, but set an alarm to remind me that I should be out of the house in case I get caught up in emails or something.

Had a roommate in college that would set the alarm for like 7am for an 8am class. He'd hit the snooze button every 9 minutes or whatever it was until he'd leave for class at 7:55 or whatever (if he'd even go). He said he had a hard time waking up. I tried explaining you'd get more and better sleep if you'd just set the alarm for 7:45 and get your butt moving, but that was too difficult for him. Not that I'm still bitter or anything...

I have young kids. They are my alarm and they don't have a snooze button. But no, I don't use snooze on the rare circumstance I need to set an alarm.
They do, but it's illegal to hit that snooze button in all 50 states.

**** no. And the few girls I've cohabitated with that did this drove me nuts with it.

Presently, my alarm sans for golf/work things I need to wake up before 5:00 AM for, is my 6 year old. She gets me up at 6 AM like clockwork.

I can relate so much to all of this. My college roommate, who remains a good friend, was my roommate for all four years of college (senior year we had individual rooms right next to each other). But, it was quite the change for me because he was a "go to bed with the TV on and leave it on all night" guy as well as "hit the snooze like 5 ****ing times" guy. In contrast, I went to college as somebody who only ever slept in total darkness with no noise and woke up on the first alarm. So, yeah, my sleep my freshman year was not all that great. What compounded it was that his alarm was church bells and our senior year dorm was very near the college's bell tower so between 7:00 and 8:00 AM I would hear church bell chimes like 6 times. I still have a negative reaction to hearing church bells.

But, I suppose the silver lining here is that it helped me prepare to live with other with similar idiosyncrasies.

Put his alarm clock on the other side of the room so he has to get up to turn it off (or hit snooze).

There is nothing more glorious than that extra 10 minutes of sleep. I even hit snooze on mornings where I've had adequate sleep. I slept 9 hours last night and still hit snooze 3 times this morning.

I hit snooze as a safeguard but I typically lay there a couple minutes to clear the sleepy and then get up and turn off the alarm. Occasionally, I drift back off enough that the 9 minutes fly by and the alarm goes off again. It usually startles me up because it happens so infrequent that I then turn it off and get up.

As a youngster I put the alarm across the room and it made me get up so that eliminated the need for a snooze. Once up, I was up.

Never. Finally got my wife down to just one snooze most of the time. Her phone used to have. I’m not kidding, like 30 alarms all 10 min apart. :rant: used to drive me nuts for the reasons mentioned upthread.

I get up at 5:30 daily. No alarm, no snooze. I can sometimes go right back to sleep and wake up at almost exactly 7:30.

There is nothing more glorious than that extra 10 minutes of sleep. I even hit snooze on mornings where I've had adequate sleep. I slept 9 hours last night and still hit snooze 3 times this morning.
Hint: you still get that "extra" sleep by merely setting the alarm for the actual time you need to be awake.

It is a rare blue moon that I even need an alarm, but when I do, I do NOT snoozers. I don't understand why you wouldn't want straight uninterupted slept vs little bits at the end. How many actually fall back asleep?

Reactions: Zow
no - used too a long time ago ..... i get up pretty much without an alarm but have one set for the 5:30 I have to get up - usually im up at 4 then fall back to sleep so need the alarm :lol:

My wife is a hits snoozer and it drives me nuts

I mean of course not .... I'm not some snoozing weirdo

All of this except I am a weirdo.

Most of the time I'm up before the alarm. It's set for 6:30 on Wednesday as my wife has a conference call every week at 7am. Might hit snooze once on those days. The rest of the week, it's either 7:30 or 8am. I hit snooze for the wife if she wants to sleep longer but I get up on the first alarm if I wasn't up already.

No snooze, often wake up before the alarm.

Wife snoozes incessantly. We've been married over 20 years. I learned long ago to never mention the snooze button that she abuses and to just get up and out of her f-ing way in the morning.
So she never gets up? Like Charlie Bucket's grandparents? :ponder:

My alarm is a clock radio gift I got in 1976. It has 4 buttons (hour, min, time, alarm) and a volume and station knob. The simplicity is beautiful. It goes off, and I get up. What's the point in setting an alarm just to hit the snooze? Set the alarm later.

It's like the people who say - OH MY GOD, WE GET AN EXTRA HOUR OF SLEEP WITH THE TIME CHANGE!!1!!!

Just sleep another hour, moron. WALA.

I don't hit snooze, what am I, some kind of freak?

Truth is I used to but once I became an adult and began to value sleep, it quickly occurred to me that it's better to get more sleep than interrupt it 8 times before getting up.

My alarm is a clock radio gift I got in 1976. It has 4 buttons (hour, min, time, alarm) and a volume and station knob. The simplicity is beautiful. It goes off, and I get up. What's the point in setting an alarm just to hit the snooze? Set the alarm later.

It's like the people who say - OH MY GOD, WE GET AN EXTRA HOUR OF SLEEP WITH THE TIME CHANGE!!1!!!

Hey, don't diss Fallback Day. It's my favorite holiday.

Also, it's pronounced "wala".

Come on man - you can sleep an extra hour any time you want.

do not typically use an alarm.

When i do, it is usually for an early appointment. No snooze is necessary... will be doing so this coming Friday.

Spending the night at my parents in SF tomorrow for an early meeting in Fremont on Friday.

Come on man - you can sleep an extra hour any time you want.
Sure, but I have to give up that hour somewhere else. On Fallback Day, the gubmint gives me that hour. For FREE!

I said Yes, but it is becoming less and less frequent.
Yup same. Although I am kind of a weirdo in that I set one alarm to get my boy up for school so he can eat and get ready, and go back to bed and "snooze" for 30-45 more minutes before I get up, shower, and hit the road (drop him off at school, go to office).

Hint: you still get that "extra" sleep by merely setting the alarm for the actual time you need to be awake.
Ahhh. But I appreciate it so much more when I wake up and think "ah sweet, I can sleep for 10 more minutes".

I sleep until whenever I want every day. I stopped making any appointments before noon, but on the outside chance I have to get up and make a pick or something, I usually build in a half hour of snoozing just in case. Even then I occasionally can't get up.

:manofleisure:

Ahhh. But I appreciate it so much more when I wake up and think "ah sweet, I can sleep for 10 more minutes".

But……

When I read this I think to myself how
I want to be a better person. A person who doesn’t judge or get infuriated.

my wife had a hard time with the snooze button for years. like 5-6 snoozes every day.

she has since bought a Fitbit and it buzzes her wrist. that wakes her up right away and she doesn't have issues in the morning anymore. might be worth a shot?

Alarm goes off at 6. I hit the snooze twice. First time, I go back to sleep and it's the most glorious feeling in the world. After that snooze, I grab my phone and I allow myself until the second snooze to scroll whatever, then I get up. Not ideal, and I wish I was not a snooze user, but it's worked for this long.

But……

When I read this I think to myself how
I want to be a better person. A person who doesn’t judge or get infuriated.
Nice haiku dude. Like the outside the box thinking. Don't be constrained by conventional haiku "rules" man. Do your thing, you're an artist.

I voted no, but in truth I hit the snooze button every day. My snooze button is really big, so it is the easiest way to quiet that hellish sound. I then lay in bed for just a minute or two and get up. I do not wait for the snooze timer to elapse. When I sit up, I then manipulate that little tiny switch that actually shuts the alarm off. So, by letter of the question, I do use the snooze button. But in the spirit of the question, I do not use the snooze alarm.

Users who are viewing this thread