What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When is Daniel Snyder going to be relieved of his duties as an owner and forced to sell? (1 Viewer)

Two things I wonder about once the sale is concluded:

1. Will they change the name? No one seems very fond of the Commanders name but I read something wild the other day. George Lincoln Rockwell was the head of US Nazi party in the 60's. He was of course openly racist and also protested often against the Redskins integrating. His title, Commander of the US Nazi party. Surely this was not Dan Snyder trying to jab people covertly?

2. Would they make a run at Lamar Jackson if the sale concludes in a timely manner.

I’m a Skins fan and live in the area and I can tell you the fans overwhelmingly want a new name. If Harris has any type of clue, he will see an opportunity to win back the fan base immediately by power washing every trace of Snyder from this franchise. That begins with the name. Personally I will be pretty surprised if they don’t. Red Wolves was the name the fan base latched on to the most during the BS campaign that resulted in Commanders. Harris should hire a top notch marketing firm to run a legit operation with the fan base to determine a true favorite, hype up the process all season long, and make a selection after the season is over.

Dan Snyder is a vile piece of ****. Full stop. It would not surprise me in the least if he’s on the Nazi spectrum in terms of ideology, however his family is jewish so I doubt he’s actually a Nazi admirer. Though he is incredibly stupid and again, a vile piece of human ****, so if there’s anyone who can navigate the mental gymnastics to be both Jewish and a Nazi, it’s Snyder. Did I mention he’s a vile piece of ****?

To your 2nd point, I’ve been saying Washington is a wildcard for Lamar if things are still not sorted out with him in a couple months. Harris could green light that after he’s officially in charge. Whether it actually happens? I doubt it. Think Harris will not be so hasty and I’d be a little concerned about him as owner if he makes such a massive move right after buying the team and not even having his people in place yet. It would be a big red flag for me. And as a fan, is that a football move I’d want? Not at the cost of $250M and 1st round picks, that’s for sure.

Harris needs to come in and see things up close and personal. Spend the year working on the name and rebrand, torch the entire operation after the season, hire his people and start fresh in 2024. It’s a lame duck season but it’s a glorious sacrifice to pay to rid ourselves of the vile piece of **** that Snyder is.

Two things I wonder about once the sale is concluded:

1. Will they change the name? No one seems very fond of the Commanders name but I read something wild the other day. George Lincoln Rockwell was the head of US Nazi party in the 60's. He was of course openly racist and also protested often against the Redskins integrating. His title, Commander of the US Nazi party. Surely this was not Dan Snyder trying to jab people covertly?

2. Would they make a run at Lamar Jackson if the sale concludes in a timely manner.

I’m a Skins fan and live in the area and I can tell you the fans overwhelmingly want a new name. If Harris has any type of clue, he will see an opportunity to win back the fan base immediately by power washing every trace of Snyder from this franchise. That begins with the name. Personally I will be pretty surprised if they don’t. Red Wolves was the name the fan base latched on to the most during the BS campaign that resulted in Commanders. Harris should hire a top notch marketing firm to run a legit operation with the fan base to determine a true favorite, hype up the process all season long, and make a selection after the season is over.

Dan Snyder is a vile piece of ****. Full stop. It would not surprise me in the least if he’s on the Nazi spectrum in terms of ideology, however his family is jewish so I doubt he’s actually a Nazi admirer. Though he is incredibly stupid and again, a vile piece of human ****, so if there’s anyone who can navigate the mental gymnastics to be both Jewish and a Nazi, it’s Snyder. Did I mention he’s a vile piece of ****?

To your 2nd point, I’ve been saying Washington is a wildcard for Lamar if things are still not sorted out with him in a couple months. Harris could green light that after he’s officially in charge. Whether it actually happens? I doubt it. Think Harris will not be so hasty and I’d be a little concerned about him as owner if he makes such a massive move right after buying the team and not even having his people in place yet. It would be a big red flag for me. And as a fan, is that a football move I’d want? Not at the cost of $250M and 1st round picks, that’s for sure.

Harris needs to come in and see things up close and personal. Spend the year working on the name and rebrand, torch the entire operation after the season, hire his people and start fresh in 2024. It’s a lame duck season but it’s a glorious sacrifice to pay to rid ourselves of the vile piece of **** that Snyder is.

I hate to be put into a position to defend Danial Snyder but comparing him to the Nazis is at best hyperbolic and at worst, insulting.

Running an entertainment team into the ground isn’t even in the same stratosphere as the holocaust. To use that insult on a Jewish person is indefensible.

I get what you are saying but I think you should reconsider saying that in the future.

Last edited:
Can the new owner change the name? I don’t think it’s that easy - nfl requires you to keep even new uniforms for 5 full years.

I don't think much of this guy so please don't in anyway misconstrue this as support-

Attorneys petitioning the NFL to write something in the sale where Snyder agrees to not sue accusers has my head spinning.

One evil in our society or judicial system is when a rich person can afford lawyers and lawsuits while a poor person can not even afford to miss a day's work nevermind defend themselves in court. Something along these lines is what I'm guessing is happening here.

I will concede like a grain of sand amount that this does lend towards some- hmmm maybe he's not guilty or maybe they exaggerated- thoughts But I need like a shower after writing that.

Roger Goodell expects Commanders sale to be announced in May

A tentative deal for the sale of the Commanders was agreed to earlier this month and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said on Thursday night that things are moving toward making that transaction official.

During an appearance on ESPN ahead of the first round of the draft, Goodell said that he thinks “progress is being made” on finalizing the deal. Goodell added that he expects an announcement of the deal to come at some point next month. “That progress will hopefully lead to them being comfortable to announce some type of a transaction probably by the middle of May or late May,” Goodell said.

November sale announcement triggered spike in suite sales for Commanders

“This is an historic franchise with a 90-year history of people that love this team and we’ve already seen some of that business momentum come back,” Wright said. He added that, once the “sale process was announced last November, we sold what we would normally sell in a full season in annual suites, we made that in a week.”

Never underestimate how much Washington fans hate Dan Snyder.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Commanders owner Daniel Snyder has "entered into a purchase and sale agreement" with a group led by Philadelphia 76ers/New Jersey Devils owner Josh Harris.​

This news comes just 24 hours after it was reported the sale of the team could be complicated by Snyder and his request for the league to not publicly release a report of his transgressions that has been compiled over the last several months. The Snyder's officially announced the sale agreement on Friday saying, "We are very pleased to have reached an agreement for the sale of the Washington Commanders franchise with Josh Harris, an area native, and his impressive group of partners. We look forward to the prompt completion of this transaction and to rooting for Josh and the team in the coming years." Harris and his group of backers will now look to restore the glory and respect of a franchise that has become a mockery under Snyder's ownership. Rumors of the sale have already spurred negotiations for a new stadium, which was denied by several suitors who wanted nothing to do with Snyder and his controversies last year. Snyder's reign was arguably the worst of any owner in professional sports during his 24-year tenure. The Commanders enjoyed just six winning seasons over that span which included just two playoff wins. The sale is still subject to NFL approval, but this appears to be a done deal.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
May 12, 2023, 4:34 PM ET

This guy is just a turd taking forever to drop.

Daniel Snyder is lobbying the NFL to limit release of Mary Jo White report

Ultimately, the question becomes the framing of the White report. It’s no coincidence that the White report remains unfinished. It won’t be finished until Snyder is out. And it quite likely will have a different tone and content if he goes quietly than if he drags his feet and/or makes a fuss. On one hand, the ESPN report seems more than plausible because that nuance would likely be lost on Snyder. He would want an assurance that the White report will be more slo-pitch softball than high heat. The mere fact that White hasn’t finished her report (likely because her client hasn’t wanted her to finish her work) should tell Snyder that, if he sells and exits, it will be a sanitized, kid-gloves document. If he refuses to go, it will be a flamethrower.

That is a crazy read. A complete guide to who has been accused of leaking the Gruden emails, who benefited, who was hurt, and the fallout.

At the same time, the negotiations on Snyder's removal are moving slowly, and there originally was talk that Snyder wanted to gain legal indemnity from any lawsuits down the road. Apparently it's the opposite.

But one person with knowledge of the negotiations between the NFL and Snyder’s attorneys said Wednesday that, while Snyder is not seeking for the league and the other owners to indemnify him against future legal liability, the complications relate to the willingness of Snyder and his family to indemnify the league and owners against liability related to the Gruden case. Snyder’s attorneys are arguing that Snyder should not be responsible for any legal liability stemming from the actions of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and league attorney Jeff Pash, the person familiar with the deliberations said.

Final answer, today 7/20/2023.

Daniel Snyder leaves with a $60 million dollar fine, a sexual harassment incident where he violated a female employee, and he admitted he cheated his fellow owners out of money.

Good riddance.
will be interesting to see where his wife's loyalties lie now that he has been specifically named. ditto the district attorney in the jurisdiction of his validated transgressions. a little cell time with uncle leroy would certainly amuse the populace.

Final answer, today 7/20/2023.

Daniel Snyder leaves with a $60 million dollar fine, a sexual harassment incident where he violated a female employee, and he admitted he cheated his fellow owners out of money.

Good riddance.
will be interesting to see where his wife's loyalties lie now that he has been specifically named. ditto the district attorney in the jurisdiction of his validated transgressions. a little cell time with uncle leroy would certainly amuse the populace.
Mrs. Snyder officially "ran the team" while Mr. Snyder was suspended. So, in theory, she should be well aware of all of these stories well before they leaked or broke publicly. She's also married to the man and can read ...if she doesn't know the type of person and what he's capable of doing she hasn't been paying attention.

The one thing that seems certain is that there will be lawsuits. There appears to be a myriad of items that will have people going after some of that $6.05 billion, and we all know Daniel Snyder will sue anybody and everybody in an attempt to silence them or strongarm his way into getting what he wants.

Hopefully we don't have to read about all of it in our football feeds for another two and a half decades. It certainly seems probable the new ownership group will win more than 2 playoff games in the next 25 years.

Was reading this article on Danny's history of shame, and this one made me irrationally angry. What a complete total piece of crap this guy is, not as a football owner, but as a human being:

Oct. 2009​

Snyder sues 125 Commanders season-ticket holders who asked to be released from their contracts when they weren't able to keep up with their payments due to the recession. According to the Washington Post, Snyder sued them for $3.6 million and won a judgment of $2 million. Among those sued was Pat Hill, a 72-year-old grandmother whose real estate company took a nosedive due to the economic crisis. The down-on-her-luck Hill, who first became a season-ticket holder in the early 1960s, didn't contest the lawsuit due to Bible teachings about paying off debt, and the Commanders won judgment of over $64,000 that sent her into bankruptcy. According to Forbes, the Commanders brought in $324 million in revenue in 2008.

Was reading this article on Danny's history of shame, and this one made me irrationally angry. What a complete total piece of crap this guy is, not as a football owner, but as a human being:

Oct. 2009​

Snyder sues 125 Commanders season-ticket holders who asked to be released from their contracts when they weren't able to keep up with their payments due to the recession. According to the Washington Post, Snyder sued them for $3.6 million and won a judgment of $2 million. Among those sued was Pat Hill, a 72-year-old grandmother whose real estate company took a nosedive due to the economic crisis. The down-on-her-luck Hill, who first became a season-ticket holder in the early 1960s, didn't contest the lawsuit due to Bible teachings about paying off debt, and the Commanders won judgment of over $64,000 that sent her into bankruptcy. According to Forbes, the Commanders brought in $324 million in revenue in 2008.
How dare someone expect a contract to be honored. Listen, I partly get it. I, personally, would forgive comparatively small debts in a case like that, and I hope I will always be compassionate and generous. But I don't think someone is terrible if they just want what's due.

If I skip out of my apartment 6 months into my 1 year lease, guess what, I owe them the rest (or the buyout indicated in the lease).

Oct. 2009​

How dare someone expect a contract to be honored. Listen, I partly get it. I, personally, would forgive comparatively small debts in a case like that, and I hope I will always be compassionate and generous. But I don't think someone is terrible if they just want what's due.

If I skip out of my apartment 6 months into my 1 year lease, guess what, I owe them the rest (or the buyout indicated in the lease).
Ok, Dan.

I get it, a contract's a contract. But contracts can be renegotiated if circumstances warrant. You can work to set up a payment plan that works for the parties. Or you can drive a 70 year old, 40-some year season ticket holder into bankruptcy because it made him feel powerful.

The man is an *******.

Oct. 2009​

i'm sure there's no way the skins could have ever found someone to take up the contract.

having no other context, i would think there was a way to resolve this that would have been a bit more win-win.

I'll just stay out of this thread. I always tend to have undue sympathy for publicly condemned people. It's irrational and doesn't lead anywhere good, but just how my brain works. Anyway, carry on. 🚪

I'll just stay out of this thread. I always tend to have undue sympathy for publicly condemned people. It's irrational and doesn't lead anywhere good, but just how my brain works. Anyway, carry on. 🚪
Feel this hard. Echo chambers need an alternate view point. Even if it doesn't feel great putting it out there; isn't something you are necessarily backing personally. It's what keeps people honest and makes them actually employ some critical thinking looking at situations, rather than just jumping on the dog pile. I'm sure there are hundreds, if not thousands, of reasons why Dan Snyder is a POS. But I'd also agree, suing people over breach of contract happens all the time. And reading those articles, it was fairly obvious they were written as a way of ax-grinding against Snyder. People don't like him, so they basically say "I don't care/He deserves it". But I think news and media have a responsibility to be fair and unbiased. If you are 72 years old and signing a contract to pay $5,300 a year for 10 years for football tickets, one would assume you're either very financially stable or making a bad life decision. For her, it seemed to be a bad life decision since the articles also make a point to say she was then surviving on just $400 SSI a month. Does it feel "good" pointing out the fiscal irresponsibility of a 72 year old grandmother. Not at all. But truth doesn't really care about feelings. And a fully honest conversation about what took place should also be looking at that side of it.

People who want to hate on Snyder should just pick of the other litany of terrible things he's done; as this one, IMO, is a pretty commonplace thing and one that more points to the failings of our society and legal system than Snyder himself. That's not even touching on all the moving pieces that caused the housing market crash and whose "fault" that was.

Cheers to you for not taking the easy road, in spite of the inevitable backlash.

$60M sounds like a lot of money except...Snyder got $6 Billion?
He's laughing at everyone all the way to the bank, the man has no shame
Money just makes you more of what you already were.

I guess this just makes Big Boy Daniel Snyder an even bigger (fill in the blank) today.
Money makes good people better and bad people worse, that's one of several basic sayings i try and instill in youngsters when I get an opportunity to speak with them.

This is the guy that rode phone slamming from spam calls to a stake in the Redskins.

Feeling bad for this guy does indeed reflect a knee-jerk sympathy best left to the uncritical.

Washington fans must be relieved and joyful about Snyder being gone. Hope is a good thing.

I didn’t View Washington as being a SB contender as long as Snyder was running the show.

Users who are viewing this thread