What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When to use waiver claims (1 Viewer)

Fit4Life

Footballguy
For those of you that are in leagues that use waiver priority how do you decide whether to use a top waiver pick on a player or wait to see if they become a free agent? Do you not worry about it and just use your waiver pick every time to get any player you want? Or do you wait for that 1 owner to make a mistake and drop a player that you want and there you are with the first waiver pick to get him?

Would like to hear some discussion on this topic. I used to try to wait for someone to drop someone of value that I wanted, but I think I have gone to the use my waiver pick on anyone I want philosophy as of late.

For those of you that are in leagues that use waiver priority how do you decide whether to use a top waiver pick on a player or wait to see if they become a free agent? Do you not worry about it and just use your waiver pick every time to get any player you want? Or do you wait for that 1 owner to make a mistake and drop a player that you want and there you are with the first waiver pick to get him?Would like to hear some discussion on this topic. I used to try to wait for someone to drop someone of value that I wanted, but I think I have gone to the use my waiver pick on anyone I want philosophy as of late.
depends on your league's rules . . . for example, if you have the #1 waiver pick this week, and you get to carry it over to next week if you don't use it, then I'd say hold it until next week . . . there is no one of value available this week to use it . . .

depends on your league's rules . . . for example, if you have the #1 waiver pick this week, and you get to carry it over to next week if you don't use it, then I'd say hold it until next week . . . there is no one of value available this week to use it . . .
So if waiver claims did carry over to the next week and you played a revolving defense based on matchups, you would not make a waiver claim on the defense that you wanted and hope they would make it through or take a less desirable matchup?

duaneok66 said:
Fit4Life said:
For those of you that are in leagues that use waiver priority how do you decide whether to use a top waiver pick on a player or wait to see if they become a free agent? Do you not worry about it and just use your waiver pick every time to get any player you want? Or do you wait for that 1 owner to make a mistake and drop a player that you want and there you are with the first waiver pick to get him?Would like to hear some discussion on this topic. I used to try to wait for someone to drop someone of value that I wanted, but I think I have gone to the use my waiver pick on anyone I want philosophy as of late.
Aren't you making the assumption that no one dumped anyone good in his league? How could you know that?I'd save it unless I saw someone dumped for no reason besides one bad game. For example, in another thread people are talking about dumping Reuben Droughns. I'd use a top waiver claim on him instantly, just on the chance that he had one off week in a brand new offense.

Users who are viewing this thread