What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When Will The NFL Have Sponsored Game Jerseys? (1 Viewer)

When will the NFL have jersey sponsors for game uniforms?

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Fun story about Mr. Beast's Feastables sponsoring the Charlotte NBA jerseys.

When will this happen for the NFL?

They've been conditioning us for years with the practice jerseys and the commemorative patches.

What do you think?

Are we talking Nascar or just 1 patch here and 1 patch there?

If it will take games off ESPN+ on Sunday Mornings I'm all for it.

-I personally will not listen to any commercials, the sound many times is turned off including the booth so many times the only way they can market to me would be on the jerseys or the stadium grass itself where I sorta have to watch and see it. I don't like it but yeah I kinda expect it at some point

I honestly thought they already did.

The conditioning is working.

Practice jerseys have them now. Many game jerseys have some sort of commemorative patch. I expect that's part of the plan so folks don't notice or complain much.

Are we talking Nascar or just 1 patch here and 1 patch there?

If it will take games off ESPN+ on Sunday Mornings I'm all for it.

-I personally will not listen to any commercials, the sound many times is turned off including the booth so many times the only way they can market to me would be on the jerseys or the stadium grass itself where I sorta have to watch and see it. I don't like it but yeah I kinda expect it at some point

I expect they'll do it just like the NBA teams. One patch on the upper left chest.

NFL greed knows no limits so in the next 2 years max and all games will be PPV of some sort like Amazon Prime
How is it greed? They're businesses, their purpose is to generate revenue. Providing entertainment is just a means to that end.

If the Panthers jerseys are one day changed to say FEASTABLES across the chest instead of CAROLINA or PANTHERS, then yeah that's too far. Soccer jerseys are too far. Im not a soccer diehard, but it baffles me when I do watch that there's nowhere on the jersey that says the city/country/team name, instead it just says EMIRATES across the chest and I'm left to google which team is sponsored by them. Which I guess is what they're going for, because it makes me google them...

They've been conditioning us for years with the practice jerseys and the commemorative patches.

What do you think?
why doesn't he just buy a team?

I'm sure he'd like to. Not sure what kind of money it takes for an NBA team these days. And a jersey sponsorship feels like the right first step.

If the Panthers jerseys are one day changed to say FEASTABLES across the chest instead of CAROLINA or PANTHERS, then yeah that's too far. Soccer jerseys are too far. Im not a soccer diehard, but it baffles me when I do watch that there's nowhere on the jersey that says the city/country/team name, instead it just says EMIRATES across the chest and I'm left to google which team is sponsored by them. Which I guess is what they're going for, because it makes me google them...

Soccer is a different beast because they're extremely limited in the amount of TV ads they can run since there are no commercials during the game other than at halftime. So they have to come up with a lot more advertising money in other ways.

NFL greed knows no limits so in the next 2 years max and all games will be PPV of some sort like Amazon Prime
How is it greed? They're businesses, their purpose is to generate revenue. Providing entertainment is just a means to that end.
I dunno. Probably b/c they are a monopoly that actually "can't go out of business" kinda makes them greedy in my eyes when they are squeezing every single cent possible out of their product.

I dunno. Probably b/c they are a monopoly that actually "can't go out of business" kinda makes them greedy in my eyes when they are squeezing every single cent possible out of their product.
I 100% agree about the flaws in the structure of the NFL but, I mean, isn't it the job of a business to make as much money as possible? If they push too far they will fail as well. But if the people are still paying that's on the people not the business.

"Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered"
Mark Cuban

I 100% agree about the flaws in the structure of the NFL but, I mean, isn't it the job of a business to make as much money as possible? If they push too far they will fail as well. But if the people are still paying that's on the people not the business.

Mark Cuban
I hear ya. Like I'd be totally OK with them looking for revenue everywhere else if ya know, they weren't being gifted "free" billion dollar stadiums by the people they are also starting to price gouge as well. Like "hey its hard out here" but being real they are backed by the government via being exempted from monopolistic tendencies and ya know, the average salary of the average American has been stagnant for many decades.

To me it gets to a point somewhere where the product will/can turn bad due to 400,000 commercials, 45 shots of Taylor Swift at the stadium while she is on week 3 of dating an NFL player, the fact they just upped the price of the NFL sunday ticket 25-35%, etc, sending teams overseas to play, making their core fanbase get up earlier than they normally would for a regular workday just to catch the game, but also having to pay ESPN+ to watch usually what is a pretty terrible game. I know its an opinion, but sure seems greedy as **** to me.

Well, I for one would like all teams in the NFL to "Stayfree" from any and all promotional jerseys. I can't imagine them selling official jerseys in any NFL city with such logos (or any) emblazned on MY QB or RB jersey of choice. NTTAWWI.

I’m surprised the NFL doesn’t use the sideline video advertising that soccer, basketball, and hockey have.

The greed is thick with these guys (and women). That's what happens when family-owned business sit on billion dollar products and the initial owners of the business are gone. It just becomes a revenue stream to those that inherited a piece of the pie.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. I expect closer to Nascar than one patch. Also, the game balls, shoes, benches, anything else they think of, maybe even helmets (who needs that horseshoe to tell you what team is which). And I don't expect them to slow the increase in prices for watching or attending games. It will just be additional profit.

Mark Cuban
I hear ya. Like I'd be totally OK with them looking for revenue everywhere else if ya know, they weren't being gifted "free" billion dollar stadiums by the people they are also starting to price gouge as well. Like "hey its hard out here" but being real they are backed by the government via being exempted from monopolistic tendencies and ya know, the average salary of the average American has been stagnant for many decades.

To me it gets to a point somewhere where the product will/can turn bad due to 400,000 commercials, 45 shots of Taylor Swift at the stadium while she is on week 3 of dating an NFL player, the fact they just upped the price of the NFL sunday ticket 25-35%, etc, sending teams overseas to play, making their core fanbase get up earlier than they normally would for a regular workday just to catch the game, but also having to pay ESPN+ to watch usually what is a pretty terrible game. I know its an opinion, but sure seems greedy as **** to me.
We vote for the people who "gift" these stadiums. Often the people vote directly on stadium funding referendums. And the public appetite to fund stadiums has greatly soured. San Diego told Spanos to pound sand and doesn't miss the Chargers (sorry @Just Win Baby & @BoltNlava ) and the Chargers don't seem too happy as the, distant, second fiddle to the Rams in LA. They'll try to come crawling back to San Diego in a few years.

Mark Cuban

We vote for the people who "gift" these stadiums. Often the people vote directly on stadium funding referendums. And the public appetite to fund stadiums has greatly soured. San Diego told Spanos to pound sand and doesn't miss the Chargers (sorry @Just Win Baby & @BoltNlava ) and the Chargers don't seem too happy as the, distant, second fiddle to the Rams in LA. They'll try to come crawling back to San Diego in a few years.
Thanks for the shoutout. LA can keep them as long as Spanos is owner. I do agree they belong here.

Didn't the NBA veto the Grizzlies changing their name to Express when they moved to Memphis, because it was seen as an ad for FedEx (which is HQd there)?

Mark Cuban

Getting a bit off topic but yeah, we do vote for those people. I for one am not shocked "those people" are also greedy so what can we do.

I know one thing for sure, I would never ever ever buy an Eagles jersey that had like a small Taco Bell logo or Coke/Pepsi, etc. Literally anything other than the NFL stuff and I'm out.

I'll stop following if it ever hits soccer proportions.

I really think I will and that's not an empty threat. I think I could give fantasy up if it ever turned to that. Who wants to be a jingle for the product?

Mark Cuban

Thanks for the shoutout. LA can keep them as long as Spanos is owner. I do agree they belong here.

:goodposting:

**** the Spanos family. They went scorched earth on their way out of San Diego only to be a lame duck tenant in LA. I remain a Chargers fan but despise the owners, and I seriously doubt the team will ever be able to truly contend for a Super Bowl under current ownership.

What do you think?
why doesn't he just buy a team?
And then give it away as a contest.

Mark Cuban

Getting a bit off topic but yeah, we do vote for those people. I for one am not shocked "those people" are also greedy so what can we do.

I know one thing for sure, I would never ever ever buy an Eagles jersey that had like a small Taco Bell logo or Coke/Pepsi, etc. Literally anything other than the NFL stuff and I'm out.
If more people stopped there, the NFL would have less leverage. But people keep buying gear and streaming packages and tickets and tuning into games etc.

One person can't do much but if you stop buying gear it would be a good start.

I can see the NFL testing jersey sponsorship in the European games, especially with European sponsors. The fans are used to it already over there.

Don't all the jerseys already have the Nike logo on them? And hasn't it been that way for a while?

I'm not sure where that falls in the "sponsorship" spectrum - I have no idea what the payment structure is for the jerseys (does Nike receive payment in the form of the logo display, do teams pay for the jerseys and still have no say in the prominence of the manufacturer logo, etc.). But they've definitely had something other than the team and NFL markings on them for a while.

Don't all the jerseys already have the Nike logo on them? And hasn't it been that way for a while?

I'm not sure where that falls in the "sponsorship" spectrum - I have no idea what the payment structure is for the jerseys (does Nike receive payment in the form of the logo display, do teams pay for the jerseys and still have no say in the prominence of the manufacturer logo, etc.). But they've definitely had something other than the team and NFL markings on them for a while.
Yep. Nike and NFL have an 8 year 1 billion dollar deal. I'd bet in the nitty gritty of the contact it doesn't state the NFL can't alter or display other things on those jerseys. Would be smart for Nike to have that stipulation. Either way it's inevitable really for the NFL to create millions and millions of dollars by allowing companies to advertise in some way on jerseys.

Yep. Nike and NFL have an 8 year 1 billion dollar deal. I'd bet in the nitty gritty of the contact it doesn't state the NFL can't alter or display other things on those jerseys. Would be smart for Nike to have that stipulation. Either way it's inevitable really for the NFL to create millions and millions of dollars by allowing companies to advertise in some way on jerseys.

Agreed. Nike has already crossed that bridge with NBA jerseys so they have a framework in place.

Another (related) thing that sort of bugs me - when the stadiums keep changing sponsors. I don't care that the stadiums are sponsored and named after whatever company, but wish they'd sign some longer term deal than they have because I can't keep track of them anymore. I just realized two weeks ago that Heinz Field is now Acrisure Stadium (🤢 ) and that the Seahawks don't play at Centurylink (The CLink) anymore.

Another (related) thing that sort of bugs me - when the stadiums keep changing sponsors. I don't care that the stadiums are sponsored and named after whatever company, but wish they'd sign some longer term deal than they have because I can't keep track of them anymore. I just realized two weeks ago that Heinz Field is now Acrisure Stadium (🤢 ) and that the Seahawks don't play at Centurylink (The CLink) anymore.
I'm there with ya man!

Like the place the Lakers play right now is still called Crypto.Com Arena. Is Crypto even still a thing lol.

Users who are viewing this thread