What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where do you draft S-Jax next year? (1 Viewer)

The Dire Wolf

Footballguy
I've had S-Jax four years now. First two years= two league championships. Last year was a bust. This year I saved the season by I taking D-Williams, Forte, & C Johnson (all late) w/ some early round WR studs. These picks saved my first round bust and got me into the playoffs. Just wondering whether folks have had enough of this guy yet or are they willing to gamble high again?

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, it matters what the rams do in the offseason. IF they spend some money and get a quality oline- and make some good moves, SJax is a 1st rounder.. He's a beast- will produce, but he needs an NFL caliber team around him- like any player.

If he's there at the turn and I can pair him with another startable back (or top-flight WR) I'd roll the dice if that was my spot. But I'd also draft like he was already injured.

I've had S-Jax four years now. First two years= two league championships. Last year was a bust. This year I saved the season by I taking D-Williams, Forte, & C Johnson (all late) w/ some early round WR studs. These picks saved my first round bust and got me into the playoffs. Just wondering whether folks have had enough of this guy yet or are they willing to gamble high again?
If he makes it past round 2, you're in a league of guppies. And what do you mean by "folks have had enough of this guy"? You said yourself that you've had him 4 years and won 2 championships. Obviously he can't be that bad for you.

Jax has turned into a high risk high reward type of player, he has lost certain stud status.

He is a low end 1st rd pick no matter what the Rams do this off-season. His injuries have hurt his value more than being on a terrible team.

Obviously one can't account for injuries, but you have to figure the Rams' offense can't be any worse than it is now. I think he has a really good bounce back season next year, as he'll remain the cornerstone of that offense regardless of who they bring in.

What about S-Jax today? His big week to shine or not? I could see 2 scores and 150 total yards easily. :bag:

Tough to play him over Westrook and Williams :thumbup:

Obviously one can't account for injuries, but you have to figure the Rams' offense can't be any worse than it is now. I think he has a really good bounce back season next year, as he'll remain the cornerstone of that offense regardless of who they bring in.
Weren't we thinking the same thing last year? Bulger, Holt and Pace are going to be another year older. If the Rams don't make some positive changes in the offseason, I'll avoid Jackson in all of my drafts.

If he makes it past round 2, you're in a league of guppies. And what do you mean by "folks have had enough of this guy"? You said yourself that you've had him 4 years and won 2 championships. Obviously he can't be that bad for you.
I have I traded him in 2 dynasty leagues.

wildbill said:
zamboni said:
Weren't we thinking the same thing last year? Bulger, Holt and Pace are going to be another year older. If the Rams don't make some positive changes in the offseason, I'll avoid Jackson in all of my drafts.
So you are sitting at 1.12 and SJax is still on the board when your pick comes up........do you pass? I don't think you can.....in my PPR league he is the 20th RB and if you look at PPG he is 13th....as others have said SJax will be the S.O.D. of 2009

I see S.Jackson as a #1 when he's in your lineup. The problem is that until I know the Rams can pass + his propensity for getting injured and staying injured means that some weeks I will have to count on someone else (and that may be during the playoffs - I'd have to see his schedule for next year before I'd even draft him). That means you need a #3 that you can ride for a couple months (so likely a 3rd round pick or K.Faulk if you're smart) and I couldn't have a team without a #1 horse to ride while he was out. I couldn't employ that plan without securing a stud #1 first, but I would take him in the 2nd if he had an average playoff schedule or better, or had a cupcake schedule for the 1st month of the season so I could sell high after jumping out to a nice early lead on the division.

Pass. I took him this year based on last year being a beast for a bad team. I figured at worst he'd be a solid pick. He's been a BUST of a huge magnitude. Let somebody worry about him next year.

bcr8f said:
Getinthemix said:
I would still take him in the top 5. Too good too pass up.
Too good? He's 19th in scoring.Unless the line drastically improves he isn't worth it. He can't stay healthy.
He is 19th and has missed 5 games. I'd certainly take him in the top half of the first round.

wildbill said:
zamboni said:
So you are sitting at 1.12 and SJax is still on the board when your pick comes up........do you pass? I don't think you can.....in my PPR league he is the 20th RB and if you look at PPG he is 13th....as others have said SJax will be the S.O.D. of 2009
Of course you can. 2 years ago he won me a championship. Unless the line improves greatly I think you have to pass.I traded him in one league for Jennings and 2 draft picks(1.08/2.08). He is a RFA and I may bid on him if he isn't franchised.

This week should tell you alot about people's perception of Jackson. He's now healthy and plays the league's #30 rush defense, and still he' barely cracking anyone's top ten for the week.

That line, combined with Holt and Bulger's decline, have rendered that offense as completely untrustworthy.

This is exactly the kind of matchup that had people picking him at #3 or 4 overall this year. Yet, many are keeping him out of their lineups.

It's more of him staying healthy than it is the o-line. He can run behind this line. The line is worse at pass blocking, than run blocking. Him holding out in training camp really set him back. Sjax will be a top 5 RB next year, no doubt. He's that good.

Late first round seems about right. Of course he might will be a bust again because the offense is such a mess, but honestly late in the first round there is risk with every player. Personally I am avoiding him like the plague next year.

Early first-round? No point drafting him that high.

Late first-round? Would have to think about it but probably.

Early second round? Absolutely. The risk/reward potential is too appealing.

I can understand frustration with S Jax regarding his injury. But to call him a bust when he is 7th or 8th in PPG is a bit much. He has produced when healthy.

I can understand frustration with S Jax regarding his injury. But to call him a bust when he is 7th or 8th in PPG is a bit much. He has produced when healthy.
The problem is he is NEVER healthy for a full year. Also, my league is not PPR so I was viewing it from that angle.

I haven't called him a bust and don't think he is one. I think the team's o line is the limiting factor here.In this 1 1/2 PPG league he is 13th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Early first-round? No point drafting him that high.Late first-round? Would have to think about it but probably.Early second round? Absolutely. The risk/reward potential is too appealing.
I still don't think there is any way that he falls to the 2nd round.....no way in PPR leagues

I had SJax this year and won my league. His injuries meant I needed a decent RB3 to spot start. In my case I used Derrick Ward which worked out ok for me. I didn't have the best record but I made the playoffs and SJax took over once I got in with some very productive games. I can understand worries about him being an injury risk going forward and who knows if they draft an RB and it turns into RBBC. But he wasn't a bust and I made it work because I had an RB3.

At least top 10, probably top 5. Guy is a steady producer when healthy. If the Rams do enough this offseason to make me believe their offense can be more productive in 09 I'll take him in the top 5. The yards will be there, the TD's are still a question. They have two solid, young WR's on the outside to build around, just need a QB and some guys to block for them.

Users who are viewing this thread