What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where do you take V Davis in rookie draft (1 Viewer)

DrJ

Footballguy
Where would you rank V Davis among WR's in a non TE required league? He's one of the few TE's to come along that is capable of putting up solid WR's numbers, but would you rank him ahead of guys like Sincore Moss?

Where would you rank V Davis among WR's in a non TE required league?    He's one of the few TE's to come along that is capable of putting up solid WR's numbers, but would you rank him ahead of guys like Sincore Moss?
Where would you take a guy like Witten or Cooley in a dynasty startup draft? I would think they are around WR15-30 value. Davis may have more upside but he has more risk. Plan accordingly. I would think Gates could go in the 3rd even in this format. As to rookie only I guess the question is whether you want the QB's, the 1st WR, or the 2nd tier RB's more based on your need. Davis may help the most immediately of the group but have the least long-term value other alternatives IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where would you rank V Davis among WR's in a non TE required league?    He's one of the few TE's to come along that is capable of putting up solid WR's numbers, but would you rank him ahead of guys like Sincore Moss?
Where would you take a guy like Witten or Cooley in a dynasty startup draft? I would think they are around WR15-30 value. Davis may have more upside but he has more risk. Plan accordingly. I would think Gates could go in the 3rd even in this format. As to rookie only I guess the question is whether you want the QB's, the 1st WR, or the 2nd tier RB's more based on your need. Davis may help the most immediately of the group but have the least long-term value other alternatives IMO.
Witten and Cooley are definitly closer to the WR30 range, if not lower than that.Gates went 25th overall in a dynasty league with WR/TEs as one.

In the rookie draft, Davis went 8th ovreall ahead of ALL WRs.

Can't say I was shocked... I woulda taken him over all the WRs except Jackson.

the vernon davis kool-aid is crazy in the shark pool of late. in a league that doesn't require a TE i wouldn't touch davis in round 1

top 6-8 RB's, top 3 QB's, top 3-4 WR's should all go before him imo. unless you need to start a TE i would go for the upside of players like moss, jennings, norwood and even drew or calhoun if you are excited about one of those RB's

just my 2 cents

he's going anywhere from 1.6 to 1.12 in dynasty leagues. I've got a 1.9 and after talking with of other league members feel, he'll slip through for me. Should go Bush-Williams-Maroney-Addai-White-Hawk-Leinart-Young-then Davis in mine tomorrow, so is expected, we'll see if Young holds that spot or i get screwed.

I'm targeting him at the top of the 2nd (10-team league). In a draft that doesn't have great WRs, I like him as about a Top 3 receiver in this particular draft (with Holmes, Jackson and Moss). If he ends up being a Shockey-type, he's well worth that draft position.

Talk of targetting him in the 2nd might be a little optimistic.

I've been in a bunch of dynasty drafts and he's never lasted past the 8th pick.

The top 8 picks have ALWAYS been the same.

Top 5 RBs, top 2 QBs and Davis, although the order of course has varied.

After that it becomes a little fluid - usually Holmes, Jackson and Cutler are next, with Moss, Drew, Norwood in the mix.

Talk of targetting him in the 2nd might be a little optimistic.

I've been in a bunch of dynasty drafts and he's never lasted past the 8th pick.

The top 8 picks have ALWAYS been the same.

Top 5 RBs, top 2 QBs and Davis, although the order of course has varied.

After that it becomes a little fluid - usually Holmes, Jackson and Cutler are next, with Moss, Drew, Norwood in the mix.
It seems that there are parallel discussions going on here with some people addressing the specific topic (non TE required) and some not.Not calling anyone out, jsut trying to be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread