What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where in the world are the middle-aged dummies? Worldwide top 31 song countdown. (3 Viewers)

krista4

Footballguy
Spreadsheet of all picks.

LINK TO ***OFFICIAL CONTEST***

LINK TO SUPER-AWESOME-WORLD-MEGA-CONTEST!!!111

We had so much fun in the Favorite 31 Songs by US Artists thread, and "fun" in the Favorite 31 songs by British Isles Artists thread, that we middle-aged (or so) dummies attempted to book a $190,000 per person world tour via private jet plane but sadly found that only waiting list spots are still available. Instead, we'll take the journey from our couches. but our countdown will contain a "featured location" every day (more info on this below).

What to do: Send me your list of your top 31 songs by artists eligible for the countdown by the end of the day on March 17. There is no limit to the number of songs you can take from any single artist. We will begin the countdown, rain or shine, on March 20.

Eligibility: The rules for eligibility in this countdown will be "songs that weren't eligible in the first two countdowns"; please refer to the eligibility requirements and ineligible lists in those for guidance.

Format of submissions: Please send your list with the song name first, then the artist name, and please put your top choice (31 points) at the top of your list. Please do not use ALL CAPS as I'm not a shouter. If possible, please capitalize the first letter of each word of the song title, though I know it's awkward and will fix it if you don't. If you want my undying loyalty, you will also send links (either Spotify or YouTube is fine) - preferably hyperlinks within the song title - but they are not required.

Evidence of eligibility: Per Dr. O's excellent suggestion, when submitting your list, please also add, after the song and artist names, a very brief indication of why it's eligible here (i.e. “British Band, American Singer”; “Japanese”, “Mexican”; “Mexican and US”; “it’s Neil Young”)." A reference to the ineligibility lists for the prior drafts will suffice in cases where they were on the posts no one read. I will not be vetting these and will work on the honor system. If you claim, for instance, that Sixpence None the Richer would be eligible because they are Nigerian, we're going with that, but you'll risk the scorn of your fellow posters. NO LONGER REQUIRED but see this post.

Changes to submissions: I will allow one (1) post-submission change per poster. These changes must be one-for-one changes, not in the nature of "I forgot my top song so put this at the top and move everything else down." For this reason, please do not submit until you are absolutely certain you are done. Remember, there are no prizes awarded for early submissions, so just don't, unless you're sure of your picks. Talk it over with your spouse, kids, pets, neighbors, coworkers, clergy, and therapists to determine "Am I really ready to commit?" before doing so. Unlimited changes (within reason) to sub a different version or link to the same song will be accepted.

Featured locations: To have some fun with the international nature of the countdown, I'll post a "featured location" along with our picks every day, with a little info, pics, etc. about the place in question. If you'd like to highlight a location (country, city, particular place of interest) that's connected to one or more of your selections, please send me whatever you'd like, including personally taken photos, descriptions of experiences, anything at all. I'll collate this to (I hope) make sure we have personal connections for every day's featured location. I encourage you to send me a lot of stuff so that you're not just seeing 4 household favorites every day! Work is insane; probably won't have time.

Last edited:
Last Five Out posts (Part One and Part Two) and playlist.

(1 point) Post and playlist
(2 points) Post and playlist
(3 points) Post and playlist
(4 points) Post and playlist
(5 points) Post and playlist
(6 points) Post and playlist
(7 points) Post and playlist
(8 points) Post and playlist
(9 points) Post and playlist
(10 points) Post and playlist
(11 points) Post and playlist
(12 points) Post and playlist
(13 points) Post and playlist
(14 points) Post and playlist
(15 points) Post and playlist
(16 points) Post and playlist
(17 points) Post and playlist
(18 points) Post and playlist
(19 points) Post and playlist
(20 points) Post and playlist
(21 points) Post and playlist
(22 points) Post and playlist
(23 points) Post and playlist
(24 points) Post and playlist
(25 points) Post and playlist
(26 points) Post and playlist
(27 points) Post and playlist
(28 points) Post and playlist
(29 points) Post and playlist
(30 points) Post and playlist
(31 points) Post and playlist

Last edited:
List of participants and status of their submissions:

krista4 (y)
OH, under duress as usual (y)
Pip's Invitation (y)
Hov34 (y)
higgins (y)
Ilov80s (y)
AAABatteries (y)
Yankee23Fan :topcat:
zamboni (y)
Don Quixote (y)
Just Win Baby (y)
landrys hat (y)
rockaction (y)
shuke (y)
New Binky the Doormat (y)
Doug B (y)
Mt. Man (y)
The Dreaded Marco (y)
Andy Dufresne (y)
jwb (y)
Zegras11 (y)
Mrs. Rannous (y)
Val Rannous (y)
worrierking (y)
John Maddens Lunchbox (y)
Chaos34 (y)
Dr. Octopus (y)
Mister CIA (y)
timschochet (y)
Raging weasel (y)
KarmaPolice (y)
Sullie (y)
DrIanMalcolm (y)
simsarge (y)
Manster (y)
Hawks64 (y)
otb_lifer (y)
Westerberg (y)
JMLs secret identity (y)
Chaz McNulty :topcat:
scorchy (y)
titusbramble (y)
Eephus (y)
ditkaburgers (y)

Last edited:
I am in, obviously.

You said something in the other thread about not wanting submissions before March 1. Is that still your preference?

Thanks for asking about that. You can send whenever you wish. I left the March 1 bit out here because I added the rule (good suggestion in the other thread) limiting changes to submissions. As to the other reason, if I don't feel up for collating data before then, I'll just...not do it. :)

If you were in the prior countdowns, please start a new PM conversation with me on this one. I'm going to be deleting all the prior conversations to make sure they aren't mucking up this countdown.

If you were in the prior countdowns, please start a new PM conversation with me on this one. I'm going to be deleting all the prior conversations to make sure they aren't mucking up this countdown.
Anyone want to place wagers on how many people don't read this post?

In, list is complete, but I will wait a couple of weeks to submit in case I need to change.

I may anger/confuse some people in this one by not including some beloved artists.

I'd planned on joining the club, but since someone let the private jet info slip out and there's no seats left, I'll be spending my time between now and the ides of March returning the 26 different Carmen San Diego hats I've already bought for the trip and shopping for new furniture since I sold my old couch to pay for the hats. :hot:

I'd planned on joining the club, but since someone let the private jet info slip out and there's no seats left, I'll be spending my time between now and the ides of March returning the 26 different Carmen San Diego hats I've already bought for the trip and shopping for new furniture since I sold my old couch to pay for the hats. :hot:

Nooooooo! I'll do your furniture shopping for you. Do you like very expensive bean bags? We need you in the countdown!

Nooooooo! I'll do your furniture shopping for you. Do you like very expensive bean bags? We need you in the countdown!
Oh THAT'S what a Love Sac is!

Oh THAT'S what a Love Sac is!
I thought it was a little old place where we can get together.

Am I supposed to know what this means?

Am I supposed to know what this means?
Jesus, I sure as hell hope not. That'd totally defeat the whole point of it

Users who are viewing this thread