What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where in the world are the middle-aged dummies? Worldwide top 31 song countdown. (3 Viewers)

The only two Coen Brothers movies I haven't seen (and I consider myself a Coen Bros. fan) are -- get this one -- Raising Arizona and Hail Caesar. I have no idea why I haven't seen Raising Arizona when I have actively sought out all their other movies.

Intolerable Cruelty is way low on DrIan's list compared to mine. CZJ in all those outfits is like a modern day Grace Kelly. Just a portrait of beauty.

I think NCFOM has the greatest ending of any modern movie that there is, from Kelly Macdonald's speech to TLJ's speech. What's even more amazing is that Kelly Macdonald is Scottish and does a perfect Southern accent in the movie. Holy Moses.

So take that, simey! Naw, I can see where, as a moviegoer, it would leave one unfulfilled.

I'm not mansplaining it for fear of spoilers, so watch the darn movie!
How the hell have you not seen Raising Arizona!!? You need to correct that tonight!

The only two Coen Brothers movies I haven't seen (and I consider myself a Coen Bros. fan) are -- get this one -- Raising Arizona and Hail Caesar. I have no idea why I haven't seen Raising Arizona when I have actively sought out all their other movies.

Intolerable Cruelty is way low on DrIan's list compared to mine. CZJ in all those outfits is like a modern day Grace Kelly. Just a portrait of beauty.

I think NCFOM has the greatest ending of any modern movie that there is, from Kelly Macdonald's speech to TLJ's speech. What's even more amazing is that Kelly Macdonald is Scottish and does a perfect Southern accent in the movie. Holy Moses.

So take that, simey! Naw, I can see where, as a moviegoer, it would leave one unfulfilled.

I'm not mansplaining it for fear of spoilers, so watch the darn movie!
Leonard Smalls is not impressed

A more endearing Irish slang term for someone who acts foolishly, is a bit slow or has no sense.

Uh, I know what it means, loozar.
You should be more excellent to each other...ya bunch of hunyucks.
You and the E King go together like Irish Stew and soda bread. I'm not one to spread rumors, but the E King has his stew with beef instead of lamb, because like Clarice, he thinks about the screaming of the lambs.

Now it's a race to the bottom between Chaos and OH! :lol:

ETA: I also have a question out to AAABatteries, so he might be the final "official" entry. Also still hoping for Chaz to show up.

Last edited:
1. Finding a ton of new-to-me music.

This is me too - my list is once again fairly chalky and I finally doubled (and triple) upped on artist as I waited until late to submit.

I haven’t been following the thread too closely so not sure what to expect but thinking there will be a ton of new music (to me)

Country Count:

Australia - 7
Canada - 3
France - 2
Sweden - 2
Nigeria - 2
Iceland - 1
South Korea - 1
New Zealand - 1
Norway - 1
UK/US - 6
UK/Zanzibar - 1
Australia/New Zealand - 1
US/Germany - 1
US/Australia - 1
UK/West Indies - 1

Decade Count :bag:

1970s - 3
1980s - 5
1990s - 1
2000s - 2
2010+ - 20
Really curious how many of the 8 listed as Australia were actually born in Australia.
So so many like the Bee Gees, Ac/DC, Olivia Newton John etc were born in the UK. Ac/DC is various incarnations might have an aussie born or two. Didnt look it up.
Just did a quick check of my 7 Australian artists and all but one all the members (or solo act) were born in Australia. The one that wasn't was a duo where one was from Australia and the other from New Zealand.

Country Count:

Australia - 7
Canada - 3
France - 2
Sweden - 2
Nigeria - 2
Iceland - 1
South Korea - 1
New Zealand - 1
Norway - 1
UK/US - 6
UK/Zanzibar - 1
Australia/New Zealand - 1
US/Germany - 1
US/Australia - 1
UK/West Indies - 1

Decade Count :bag:

1970s - 3
1980s - 5
1990s - 1
2000s - 2
2010+ - 20
Really curious how many of the 8 listed as Australia were actually born in Australia.
So so many like the Bee Gees, Ac/DC, Olivia Newton John etc were born in the UK. Ac/DC is various incarnations might have an aussie born or two. Didnt look it up.
Just did a quick check of my 7 Australian artists and all but one all the members (or solo act) were born in Australia. The one that wasn't was a duo where one was from Australia and the other from New Zealand.
Other than AC/DC, my Australian artists are Australian by birth - and AC/DC had an Australian member for the song I chose.

I only have the last four lists that need to go through the initial processing, and I can say that the "favorite song" looks to be a very close two-song race. Once I have the song rankings finished, I'll post some stats. Artists will take a lot longer because of all the different spellings, abbreviations, "featuring," etc. Song titles were more accurate, though there were plenty of inconsistences, including one song that was chosen three times, with a different spelling each time. :lol:

Only one more list left for initial input. Whew.

DEADLINE WARNING for both the ***OFFICIAL*** contest and the Super-Awesome-World-Mega-Contest!!!111. Please submit any remaining entries by tonight-ish. Links are in the first post.

Also please send your "last five (or so) out" to me if you want them to be included in tomorrow's post and the playlist. :thanks:

DEADLINE WARNING for both the ***OFFICIAL*** contest and the Super-Awesome-World-Mega-Contest!!!111. Please submit any remaining entries by tonight-ish. Links are in the first post.

Also please send your "last five (or so) out" to me if you want them to be included in tomorrow's post and the playlist. :thanks:

Hey Krista, at my job, we equate "due by close of business on day N" to "due by open of business on day N+1". Any chance you might extend contest deadlines to be prior to when you post the last 5 out tomorrow? I hope to get mine in by tonight, just thinking it might be helpful to someone.

to save some work for those last minute list makers ...the Bee Gees first 6 albums qualify (through '69 - "Odessa") - I don't think the rest do ...but research away if you feel like it.

I'd intended to reply to this, and it doesn't matter for other people's lists now, but just in case, purely hypothetically :whistle: , a song from Trafalgar comes up in the following days, that album also qualified because they still had the Aussie drummer.

Hey Krista, at my job, we equate "due by close of business on day N" to "due by open of business on day N+1". Any chance you might extend contest deadlines to be prior to when you post the last 5 out tomorrow? I hope to get mine in by tonight, just thinking it might be helpful to someone.

Yes, that's fine. My stated deadline was 11:59 pm PDT tonight, but I mentioned in a post yesterday that I will take lists through sometime tomorrow. That's why I said "tonight-ish" above - previously stated deadline is preferable but not a hard and fast rule. :)

Going to share some tidbits I notice along the way as I'm calculating winners.

We have a song winner! It turned out to be a two-horse race, and the final vote was very close. We have two ties within the top 10(!), with nine different artists represented.

One of our artists has no songs within the top 10, but five within #11-25, including three that ended up in an exact tie. :shock:

Our Ace Award winner had a nice showing within the top 20 songs.

One artist has a strong top-10 showing with a particular song, but then no more than one vote for any other of their large number of selections.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread