What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where in the world are the middle-aged dummies? Worldwide top 31 song countdown. (6 Viewers)

Pip’s Invitation:

Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad? - Derek And The Dominoes (UK/US)
(new song)

For all his talent, Clapton is often more laconic than I would like him to be, but that is not the case on the Layla album and especially on this song. The guitar interplay between him and Duane Allman is just explosive, and every note from everyone (especially Bobby Whitlock's hoarse "harmony" vocals) is filled with passion and energy.

The band showcased its versatility by performing it live in a completely different arrangement that offers its own variety of thrills. That they never made a second studio album due to Clapton's heroin addiction is one of the great tragedies of the rock era.

Whew! I really liked yesterday's playlist, but this one blew it away for me!

Known favorites are mostly obvious: Leonard Cohen, the Velvets, Glen and Marketa, White Town (on my last five out), Traveling Wilburys, Toots and the Maytals, probably some more. It was also cool to hear the "Gold Mix" of Rock Me Amadeus.

New-to-me favorites :blowsout:
All of the following made my playlist:
- "Bra" by Cymande
- "Chuco's Cumbia" by Los Lobos - would have made it without the story that was posted, but that enhanced my experience
- "Einsamer Hirte" by a couple of guys and "An Irish Pub Song" by The Rumjacks - discussed above, and love the transition between the two
- "Charlie on the M.T.A." by a couple of other guys - actually not entirely new to me as I listened to some of it when MAC tried to draft it in the last countdown
- "Pull Up to the Bumper" by Grace Jones - I remember her being huge when I was a kid/teen, but couldn't for the life of me recall any of her songs. This was fantastic. What an icon.
- "North American Scum" by LCD Soundsystem - apologies to wikkid for liking it, but it's the first one of theirs I've loved
- "Sweet City Woman" by Stampeders - not actually new to me but I'd forgotten it
- "Lights Up" by a few people - I know it's a ditka one when it says "[something] remix". I think this is my favorite selection from her so far!
- "Heart in Hand" by Opeth - @KarmaPolice , are you sitting down? Might be my favorite of the whole day. Going to go back and listen again to it shortly. What??
- "Corazon Espinado" by Santana (feat. Mana)

in addition to the ones above that made my official playlist, there were several others I enjoyed that didn't quite get on there, like the Bruce Cockburn, the one with Ziggy Marley and Jack Johnson, the one from The Tea Party, and others.
@krista4

1000% Did not see that coming. :shock: I did think I would lose some good will I built up with Burden as the songs got heavier when I saw that selection getting love. If you were actually listening again, may I suggest the Swedish version HERE. They released the newest album in both Swedish and English, and they opened the show I went to with the Swedish version of it. My intent was to submit the Swedish version, but forgot when I submitted and didn't want to change it.

I only knew 18 songs today, which is more in keeping with the early rounds than the more recent ones.

Known-to-me favorites from #13 not including my own:

Go Your Own Way -- Fleetwood Mac (Zegras11)
Pull Up to the Bumper -- Grace Jones (Eephus). The syncopation of this dazzles me on every listen.
Radar Love -- Golden Earring (Just Win Baby)
Handle With Care -- The Traveling Wilburys (Westerberg)
Harvest Moon -- Neil Young (Higgins)
One Way or Another -- Blondie (AAABatteries)
Freedom Fighters -- Todd Rundgren's Utopia (Binky). You all are lucky that I forgot that the first Utopia lineup (that lasted one album) had a Frenchman in it. The first album has four songs, all are great, and Freedom Fighters is the only one under 10 minutes. It has a 30-minute song that I would have seriously considered.
I'm Waiting for the Man -- The Velvet Underground (Don Quixote)
My Girl (Gone, Gone, Gone) – Chilliwack (Andy)
Wondering Where the Lions Are -- Bruce Cockburn (Tim). Dark horse contender for Ace Award? This was Cockburn's only US hit and it's remembered fondly.
Middle of the Road -- The Pretenders (DrIanMalcolm)
Too Much Information -- The Police (Sullie). There is no wrong answer to the question of which is the best Police album, but my answer is Ghost in the Machine.
Disappear -- INXS (Simey)

Whew! I really liked yesterday's playlist, but this one blew it away for me!

Known favorites are mostly obvious: Leonard Cohen, the Velvets, Glen and Marketa, White Town (on my last five out), Traveling Wilburys, Toots and the Maytals, probably some more. It was also cool to hear the "Gold Mix" of Rock Me Amadeus.

New-to-me favorites :blowsout:
All of the following made my playlist:
- "Bra" by Cymande
- "Chuco's Cumbia" by Los Lobos - would have made it without the story that was posted, but that enhanced my experience
- "Einsamer Hirte" by a couple of guys and "An Irish Pub Song" by The Rumjacks - discussed above, and love the transition between the two
- "Charlie on the M.T.A." by a couple of other guys - actually not entirely new to me as I listened to some of it when MAC tried to draft it in the last countdown
- "Pull Up to the Bumper" by Grace Jones - I remember her being huge when I was a kid/teen, but couldn't for the life of me recall any of her songs. This was fantastic. What an icon.
- "North American Scum" by LCD Soundsystem - apologies to wikkid for liking it, but it's the first one of theirs I've loved
- "Sweet City Woman" by Stampeders - not actually new to me but I'd forgotten it
- "Lights Up" by a few people - I know it's a ditka one when it says "[something] remix". I think this is my favorite selection from her so far!
- "Heart in Hand" by Opeth - @KarmaPolice , are you sitting down? Might be my favorite of the whole day. Going to go back and listen again to it shortly. What??
- "Corazon Espinado" by Santana (feat. Mana)

in addition to the ones above that made my official playlist, there were several others I enjoyed that didn't quite get on there, like the Bruce Cockburn, the one with Ziggy Marley and Jack Johnson, the one from The Tea Party, and others.
@krista4

1000% Did not see that coming. :shock: I did think I would lose some good will I built up with Burden as the songs got heavier when I saw that selection getting love. If you were actually listening again, may I suggest the Swedish version HERE. They released the newest album in both Swedish and English, and they opened the show I went to with the Swedish version of it. My intent was to submit the Swedish version, but forgot when I submitted and didn't want to change it.

I didn't get a chance to listen again yet, so I'll check the Swedish version out next.

THESE ARE NOT TEASERS; THEY ARE PREVIEWS.

For some reason I decided to try to give a preview of every person's song for tomorrow (other than JML's secret identity, since he's not a separate person and also his song was hard to work in). I don't know why, except I started a couple of previews and then issued myself a challenge.

Here we go. :bag:

The Dreaded Marco, worrierking, and landrys hat lead us out of the dark.

Mister CIA’s artist is, as it turns out, NOT an Oscar-nominated actor.

shuke and Chaos34 go their own way together, as does Binky, though in a different direction (as we’ve come to expect from Binky).

Sullie's and ditkaburgers' mental states are diametrically opposed. I’d rather hang out with ditka, in this case.

Dr. Ian is on repeat.

Raging weasel’s artist might be useful to address titusbramble’s song, but be careful.

Unlike Little Melvin, Ilov80s does not have a peanut allergy.

simey, westerberg, and KarmaPolice have a ladies’ battle, while Hawks64 shows up with…errrr, a different type of ladies.

Where in the world is otb_lifer? Why he’s in England, or Boston, or Brooklyn, or…

Dr. Octopus, Don Quixote, and Mt. Man are black and blue, perhaps as a result of Manster or Doug B?

Look at the big brain on Eephus!

If you use Mrs. Rannous or Zegras to travel on Andy Dufresne, will you end up at scorchy? If so, then you are simsarge.

My suggestion to jwb, though, is to take Val Rannous to get far away, or perhaps to request John Madden Lunchbox or MAC_32 artist to intervene.

The answer to my question? Why, rockaction, of course. Probably won’t work for Pip’s Invitation's malady, though.

AAABatteries fancies up this whole shebang.

If Oliver Humanzee is as masterful as he says he is, then he should be considered a Hov34.

Engaging in higgins’ activity might just lead to zamboni.

And after trying to tie all of this together, all I really want is a timschochet. ( :oldunsure: ) And some wine. A lot of wine.

ETA: I missed Just Win Baby. Despite what his song says, I really need to do better.

Last edited:
And after trying to tie all of this together, all I really want is timschochet’s song.

I think I know tim's song, though it would be mighty unusual of him. Then again, he always quotes the "I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me" song, so maybe it's not that surprising. What's that? Oh, hello. Occam's razor just called and told me the likelihood is that I'm just wrong.

Sounds like a cross between Rush and Umphrey's McGee.

I just naturally assumed you'd like Dream Theater because you like prog. That's odd you haven't heard it. They've got like an intense cult following.
I know of them and have heard a few songs over the years -- I think I acquired a couple of live bootlegs in my tape-trading days -- but have never done a deep dive.

JMLs secret identity:

Einsamer Hirte (The Lonely Shepherd) - Gheorghe Zamfir (Romania)
(new artist)

otb_lifer:

An Irish Pub Song - The Rumjacks (Australia)
(new artist)

The way these two fit together in succession today is :shock: If you haven't listened to the two in order, give it a shot. I wasn't looking at what was playing and just thought the first one had taken a rest and then continued to a different part of the same song (I was quickly disabused of that notion). These are also my two favorite "new-to-me" selections so far on today's list.
OMG. The panflutes segue perfectly into the tin whistle.

ditkaburgers:

Lights Up (Myd Remix) - Flight Facilities (feat. Channel Tres)
(both new artists)

Channel Tres is a West Coast rapper that @ditkaburgers follows. Spotify recommended his guest spot on Australian electronic producers Hugo and Jimmy of Flight Facilities. The song connected with her and the remix by French producer Myd pumped it up.

Eephus:

Pull Up To The Bumper - Grace Jones
(new artist)

The music of Grace Jones takes me back to the Stud in SF SOMA. It was a Gay club that mostly played Disco but when they held New Wave nights, the future Mrs. Eephus and I would tag along with our friends Randy and Dennis. The dance floors were crazy and fun and the bathrooms were very dark.

"Pull Up To The Bumper" is an ode to parallel parking or something. Sly and Robbie have too many killer rhythm tracks to mention but they're particularly locked in here. Jones is an iconic performer who made a ton of great records on Island. She and her producers had impeccable taste in choosing material that fit her voice and style.

Jones, Lotte Lenye and Wayne Newton are on the podium of the top 007 villains/musical artists. Geoffrey Holder and Louis Jourdan were famous for musicals but they talk sang so it doesn't count. Telly Savalas sang but not very well.

Sounds like a cross between Rush and Umphrey's McGee.

I just naturally assumed you'd like Dream Theater because you like prog. That's odd you haven't heard it. They've got like an intense cult following.
Wait, you read that description and thought he liked it?? ;)

I liked it :shrug:

The drummer is absolutely ridiculous and while the singer is inoffensive as Prog singers go. Is there some reason why Metropolis Part I is on a different album from Part 2?

Irish Pub Song - Rumjacks

(prominent tin whistle in that vid)

wherein our heroes take the piss outta the cheezy folk who foist "Irish" themed bars up on us, the kinda joints we call "sawdust & shamrock shtiholes" up here (most notorious being the Blarney Stone franchise, especially the monstrosity right outside MSG).

slap up the flag (tri-color), hang some Bud Light shamrocks, adorn the walls with Notre Dame & Boston Celtic gear, green pitchers on the stix, and load the juke with Irish acts like U2, Van Morrison, Thin Lizzy 😅 (not that there's anything wrong with those artists, but bands like the Pogues or the Wolfe Tones or the Dubliners or the Barleycorns or Black 47, etc. are never heard in them joints).

you'll also never witness a proper Sunday seisiùn up in any of those places - you're more likely to hear a lunkhead hoops fan jumping around to House of Pain ...

yeah, i'm on a soapbox - but being here my whole life, in a City with such rich Irish tradition, it grates my gabagool like none other.

Swifts Hibernian on East 4th (right off Lafayette), among some others in the boros, is where you'll find my (half) Irish arse

/rant

SLAINTÈ!

There's a county map to go on the wall
A hurling stick and a shinty ball
The bric, the brac, the craic and all
Let's call it an Irish pub (Hey)
Caffreys, Harp, Kilkenny on tap
The Guinness pie and that cabbage crap
The ideal wannabee Paddy trap
We'll call it an Irish pub
Whale, oil, beef, hooked! I swear upon the holy book
The only 'craic' you'll get is a slap in the ear
Whale, oil, beef, hooked! I'll up and burst yer filthy mug
If you draw one more shamrock in me beer! (Hey)
We'll raise the price o' beer a dollar
We'll make em wear a shirt and collar
We'll fly a bloody tri-colour
And call it an Irish pub
Jager bombs and double shots
The underagers think its tops
We'll spike the drinks and pay the cops
We got us an Irish pub
The quick one in the filthy bog
The partin' glass across the lug
O' the lady-O, the dirty dog
We got us an Irish pub
It's over to me (and over to you)
We'll skip along the Avenue
(And who t'hell is Ronnie Drew?)
We got us an Irish pub
If you draw one more shamrock in me beer!
Plasma screens and neon lights
Kara-farkin-oke nights
The bouncers they can pick the fights
We'll call it an Irish pub
Plastic cups, a polished floor
We'll hose the blood right out the door
And let the knucklers back for more
We got us an Irish pub
Oh top o' the mornin', Garryowen
Kiss me I'm Irish, Molly Malone
Failte, Slainte, Pog ma thon
We got us an Irish pub
Spike the punch and strip the willow
Strike me up the rakes o' Mallow
The Liffey never ran so shallow
We got us an Irish pub

Last edited:
*Not really sure if I love this, hate this, or love to hate it. Used to always be a part of one of those K-tel type collections constantly advertised on TV in early 90's. But I'll call it a favorite for nostalgia's sake.
Well turn it up, man

There's no way Sweet City Woman was on Freedom Rock. This was some type of cheesy 70's rock collection. Other songs include Saturday Night by Bay City Rollers, Chevy Van by Sammy Johns, and Indian Reservation by Paul Revere & The Raiders.
Yeah I knew it wouldn’t have been on Freedom Rock, but was the first compilation I thought of with those infomercial compilations. This one too but not quite the same genre.

Glad you found the actual compilation though👍 I still watch some of those half hour compilations when I catch them on TV.

The drummer is absolutely ridiculous and while the singer is inoffensive as Prog singers go. Is there some reason why Metropolis Part I is on a different album from Part 2?

I was going to cover this when I caught up (I'm behind again). But this had a shred of commonality with Mel Brooks' History of the World, in that having a Part 2 was mostly a joke with no initial intention of doing a sequel. Except then later there was. Metropolis Part 2 ( :Scenes from a Memory), perhaps not surprisingly, was a concept album.

This seemed to be the heaviest playlist so far - I think the World in general has had more metal and hard rock than USA and UK. Some of it I liked, some of it not so much. All of it was interesting at least.

My biggest find was Dream Theater. Like pip, I’ve heard of them and probably a song here or there but never really “listened”. That will change, I thought this song was fantastic. I’ll start giving some of their albums a spin and see if it sticks.

*Not really sure if I love this, hate this, or love to hate it. Used to always be a part of one of those K-tel type collections constantly advertised on TV in early 90's. But I'll call it a favorite for nostalgia's sake.
Well turn it up, man

There's no way Sweet City Woman was on Freedom Rock. This was some type of cheesy 70's rock collection. Other songs include Saturday Night by Bay City Rollers, Chevy Van by Sammy Johns, and Indian Reservation by Paul Revere & The Raiders.

Well I found this, but Sweet City Woman isn't on it. I have to keep looking now.

well it does have Jim Stafford's "Spiders and Snakes"

Well turn it up, man

Well I found this, but Sweet City Woman isn't on it. I have to keep looking now.

well it does have Jim Stafford's "Spiders and Snakes"
That was one of my favorite songs when I was five or six.

Twenty-Point Selections:

timschochet:

Rockin’ Chair - The Band
(new song)

Just Win Baby:

Don't Change - INXS (Australian band members)
(duplicate, second vote)

Pip’s Invitation:

Chest Fever - The Band (Canada/US)
(duplicate, second vote)

Andy Dufresne:

Carefree Highway - Gordon Lightfoot
(new song)

DrIanMalcolm:

Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) - Neil Young (Canada)
(duplicate, second vote)

(Pip's suggested cover version)

Don Quixote:

Preta Pretinha - Novos Baianos (Brazil)
(new artist)

Dr. Octopus:

Killing The Blues - Robert Plant and Alison Krauss (UK and US)
(both new artists)

scorchy:

Welcome To Paradise - Front 242 (Belgium)
(new artist)

shuke:

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - The Band …...........Canadian-American
(duplicate – second AND third votes today)

Sullie:

Crazy - Icehouse (Wait, Ozzie was allowed last time but Auzzies weren't allowed right? I'm confused.)
(new artist)

The Dreaded Marco:

In Your Bright Ray - Grant McLennan
(new song)

Mister CIA:

2541 - Robert Forster (Australia)
(new artist)

Hawks64:

Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen
(duplicate, second vote)

Mrs. Rannous:

Low Rider - War (US + Danish Harmonica Player)
(duplicate, second vote)

titusbramble:

Propane Nightmares - Pendulum (Australian)
(new artist)

Raging weasel:

Lateralus - Tool
(new song)

(congrats to weasel for spelling the song title correctly)

Ilov80s:

Senegal Fast Food - Amadou and Mariam (feat. Manu Chao)
(Amadou and Marium, new artist; Manu Chao, new song)

worrierking:

The Afterlight - Robyn Hitchcock & the Venus 3 (England/US)
(new artist)

Val Rannous:

Magic Carpet Ride - Steppenwolf (Canada, Germany)
(duplicate, third vote)

krista4:

How Can You Mend A Broken Heart - The Bee Gees (Australia/UK)
(new song)

Mt. Man:

Fade To Black - Metallica (US band, Danish drummer)
(new song)

JMLs secret identity:

Sodade - Cesaria Evora (Cape Verde)
(duplicate, second vote)

otb_lifer:

Brighton Rock - Queen (Freddie - Zanzibar!)
(new song)

simey:

The Wind Cries Mary - The Jimi Hendrix Experience (USA, England)
(duplicate, second vote)

rockaction:

Bandages - Hot Hot Heat (Canada)
(new artist)

New Binky the Doormat:

Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac (mostly UK members but Nicks/Buckingham are US)
(duplicate, second vote)

landryshat:

The Dawn - Osibisa (Ghana)
(new song)

John Maddens Lunchbox:

Send Me An Angel - Real Life (Australia)
(duplicate, second vote)

MAC_32:

Starseed - Our Lady Peace (Blame Canada! Blame Canada!)
(new artist)

jwb:

Band On The Run - Wings
(duplicate, second vote)

Eephus:

Reptilia - The Strokes
(new song)

Hov34:

Fantastic Man - William Onyeabor
(duplicate, second vote)

Manster:

Holy Wars....The Punishment Due - Megadeth
(new song)

simsarge:

Lucky Ones - Loverboy (I flip between this and #17 a lot)
(new song)

ditkaburgers:

LUCID - Rina Sawayama
(new artist)

Doug B:

Fight The Good Fight - Triumph
(duplicate, third vote)

westerberg:

Sheena Is A Punk Rocker - Ramones
(new song)

KarmaPolice:

My Michelle - Guns N' Roses
(new song)

higgins:

Shoot High, Aim Low - Yes (Guitarist Trevor Rabin is from South Africa)
(new song)

zamboni:

Hang 'Em High - Van Halen (Netherlands)
(new song)

Zegras11:

Jet - Wings
(new song)

Oliver Humanzee:

Master Of Puppets - Metallica
(new song)

Chaos34:

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - The Band
(duplicate, second AND third votes today!)

AAABatteries:

Con Te Partirò - Andrea Bocelli
(new artist)

Last edited:
The Band with the quadruple up, and none of them "The Weight"!

Here's the connection from last night's previews. I'm not proud of all of these, but I was getting tired. And I should have put the Neil Young song with the other blacks.

The Dreaded Marco (In Your Bright Ray), worrierking (The Afterlight), and landrys hat (The Dawn) lead us out of the dark.

Mister CIA’s artist is, as it turns out, NOT an Oscar-nominated actor (actor Robert Forster, nominated for Jackie Brown).

shuke and Chaos34 go their own way together (Deja Vote on The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down), as does Binky (Go Your Own Way), though in a different direction (as we’ve come to expect from Binky).

Sullie's (Crazy) and ditkaburgers' (Lucid) mental states are diametrically opposed. I’d rather hang out with ditka, in this case.

Dr. Ian is on repeat (Hey Hey, My My).

Raging weasel’s artist (Tool) might be useful to address titusbramble’s song (Propane Nightmares), but be careful.

Unlike Little Melvin, Ilov80s does not have a peanut allergy. (Senegal Fast Food)

simey (The Wind Cries Mary), westerberg (Sheena Is a Punk Rocker), and KarmaPolice (My Michelle) have a ladies’ battle, while Hawks64 shows up with…errrr, a different type of ladies (Fat Bottomed Girls).

Where in the world is otb_lifer? Why he’s in England, or Boston, or Brooklyn, or… (Brighton)

Dr. Octopus (Killing the Blues), Don Quixote (Preta Pretinha), and Mt. Man (Back in Black) are black and blue, perhaps as a result of Manster (Holy Wars…The Punishment Due) or Doug B (Fight the Good Fight)?

Look at the big brain on Eephus (Reptilia - I connected to this, perhaps incorrectly, to reptilian brain)!

If you use Mrs. Rannous (Low Rider) or Zegras (Jet) to travel on Andy Dufresne (Carefree Highway), will you end up at scorchy (Welcome to Paradise)? If so, then you are simsarge (Lucky Ones).

My suggestion to jwb (Band on the Run), though, is to take Val Rannous (Magic Carpet Ride) to get far away, or perhaps to request John Madden Lunchbox (Send Me An Angel) or MAC_32 (Our Lady (of) Peace) to intervene.

The answer to my question (How Do You Mend a Broken Heart)? Why, rockaction (Bandages), of course. Probably won’t work for Pip’s Invitation's malady (Chest Fever), though.

AAABatteries fancies up this whole shebang (Andrea Bocelli).

If Oliver Humanzee is as masterful as he says he is (Master of Puppets), then he should be considered a Hov34 (Fantastic Man).

Engaging in a higgins activity (Shoot High, Aim Low) might just lead to zamboni (Hang ‘Em High).

And after trying to tie all of this together, all I really want is timschochet (Rockin’ Chair). And some wine. A lot of wine.

ETA: I missed Just Win Baby. Despite what his song says (Don’t Change), I really need to do better.

A few known favorites from this round excluding past songs. These are never in any particular order.

Why Does Love Have to be So Sad? - fancy guitar playing
Middle of the Road - I love this album, and this is one of my favorite songs by them.
Play the Game - This song reminds me of making floats for homecoming in high school.
Dance Me to the End of Love - dance me to your beauty, with a burning 🎻
Falling Slowly - I get confused for when they call themselves by both their names, and then by The Swell Season. I'm a fan of them under any name.
Overkill - Acoustic - He is so good. I saw him last year at Merlefest. It was just him and his guitar, and a lot of stories he told. During his set, the crowd started getting bigger and bigger, as they recognized the voice, but never knew his name. I loved his stories, and he sounded great.
Handle With Care - My favorite song from this Supergroup. I instantly liked it from the first notes.
Rock Bottom - 🎸
Go Your Own Way - I like Mick's drumming on this tune. Lindsey's guitar playing is always great. I love his Rick Turner guitar. It's beautiful.
One Way or Another - 🎸
Harvest Moon - I love folky Neil
Sweet City Woman - 70s gold
Cry Cry Cry - This would have been a fun benefit show to be at in Hawaii. 🤙
54-46 Was My Number - 🚬 <---- rolled ganja cigarette
Gouge Away - I like the different tempos of the song.
Corazon Espinado - Their instrumentation is always good.
Chuco's Cumbia - This song makes me want to dance with some castanets.

A few new unknown favorites

L.A. Girl - **** youuuuuuuu!
Ain't Got No Sense
Your Woman
An Irish Pub Song 🍻
Wondering Where The Lions Are
Freedom Fighters - I may have heard this before.
Bra
Original Sufferhead
It was a yearly festival prior to Covid. They did an online version in 21 or 22, not sure when they are going to bring it back. It's a bucket list festival for me.

Getting a little :headbang: in here today. I saw Krista's post, and thought maybe GNR was the band that was getting the 4 songs. Metallica it is - and not to be outdone, we have what is probably Megadeth's best song in the playlist so people are able to confirm that they are indeed the better band. ;)

Getting a little :headbang: in here today. I saw Krista's post, and thought maybe GNR was the band that was getting the 4 songs. Metallica it is - and not to be outdone, we have what is probably Megadeth's best song in the playlist so people are able to confirm that they are indeed the better band. ;)

Metallica had two songs today. :confused:

nice mix of stuff this round! and now we're getting to more repeats as we count down ...

known to me favs (that I haven't already commented on)

Fat Bottomed Girls - QueenHawks64they make the rockin' world go 'round
How Can You Mend A Broken Heart - The Bee Geeskristalove these guys - and hoping we see a lot more of them
Sheena Is A Punk Rocker - Ramoneswesterberglike it even though it kind of sounds like it could come from Chip Douglas's "band" on "My Three Sons"
Jet - WingsZegras11Zegras stays on the solid roll
Master of Puppets - MetallicaOHnot a headbanger but some of their stuff just defines the genre

known to me favs (previously commented)

Don't Change - INXSJust Win Baby
Hey Hey, My My - Neil YoungDrIanMalcolm
Low Rider - WarMrs. Rannous
Magic Carpet Ride - SteppenwolfVal Rannous
The Wind Cries Mary - The Jimi Hendrix Experiencesimey
Band On The Run - Wingsjwb

new to me favs from today

Senegal Fast Food - Amadou & MariamIlove80soh wow - what a fun surprise! Love this - could listen all day!!
Shoot High, Aim Low - YeshigginsI LOVE Yes. This isn't really Yes per se, but I need to give this version of them more of a listen

Users who are viewing this thread