What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which of these QBs is most likely to sneak into the Top-10? (1 Viewer)

Who ya got?

• Total voters

Raider Nation

Devil's Advocate
The correct answer is probably "none of the above" but give me your best guess.

If forced to choose, which QB is most likely to have the stars align to put up a Top-10 season?

Before someone asks, I purposely left off Carson Palmer because I figured he would win this fairly easily given his weapons.

I went with Alex Smith because I knew everyone would vote Tannehill ha. Anyways I really like Alex Smith and think he was hugely underrated when he was with the 9er's. With a good #1 in Bowe and great running game, along with a head coach that will utilize them all to the fullest I think he will be a good pick to at least get into the top15.

Like I said Tannehill is the obvious pick but Alex Smith could surprise

Anyone worried about it taking some time for Tannehill to get on the same page with Wallace, or do they just send him on 9-routes and let it fly?

i know most are going with Tanehill, but the dark horse I chose was EJ Manuel (on a points per game status as we will have to see if he even wins the starting job). So many mobile quarterbacks are having success by padding on those rushing stats. Now i am not saying that he is on the level of RGIII, Cam, Kap, Luck, Wilson, Vick, Rogders, gulp...Tebow, but they all have had success running the ball and have put up top 10 qb points in certain weeks because of rushing stats. :unsure:

Edit: i know he didn't run that much in college but he is just as fast as Cam and Luck so it would ultimately depend on how the Bills used him as well. Dark Horse!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bradford is the most talented, but that division is brutal for passers. Tannehill had 12 tds last year.....the only way I see him breaking top 10 is by rushing more because I don't know how to expect a huge increase in tds--23 would be a good number for him.

So, I'd vote A.Smith bc of AReid's system and easier division (yes, I know denver is there).

Last edited by a moderator:
Think that either Bradford or Tannehill may have a breakout season, but I do not particularly love any of the QBs listed.

Bradford, he has Tannehills O line from last year, Long, and the same if not better weapons. He has a more rounded team than the Dolphins.

Bradford over Tanne.

Peace

I went with Alex Smith because I knew everyone would vote Tannehill ha. Anyways I really like Alex Smith and think he was hugely underrated when he was with the 9er's. With a good #1 in Bowe and great running game, along with a head coach that will utilize them all to the fullest I think he will be a good pick to at least get into the top15.

I am exactly of the same mind. A lot of folks discounting Smith, which is rather shocking. Let's look at the situation in KC. Jamaal Charles, a consensus Top 5 back this year. Dwayne Bowe, a legit #1 receiver. Andy Reid, who is known for making QBs look good (i.e. AJ Feely, Mike Kafka, etc.) in the system. Some big improvements on the O-Line this year with the drafting of Fisher and Brandon Albert back for a 1-year gig to get the big money contract.

So let's look at Smith over the past two years, and yes, we all know Kaep replaced him, but Smith was having a great year and Kaep was also having a great year. The reality is that Harbaugh rode the hot hand with Kaep, and Kaep paid off. Good call by him.

2011 Smith, posted 61.3% passing accuracy with 3100+ yds, 17 TDs, and 5 INT. In 2012, he posted 1700+ yds before injury (forecasted to be 3100 yds again), 13 TDs and 5 INT. Passer ratings of 90.7 and 104.1 for the last two years. Sure, you are all saying his TDs and yds suck, but when you look at his weapons, he's only had Gore and Vernon Davis for most of his career. Now enter Andy Reid in a 63/37 pass happy system. Add to it Alex Smith's cerebral skills in making good decisions and high accuracy, and you are starting to see why I like him. Just think, a couple of screens to get Charles in the flat and suddenly Smith's numbers will explode. Will it be this year? Maybe. Next year more likely. I think the Chiefs made an excellent decision in acquiring Smith.

I am exactly of the same mind. A lot of folks discounting Smith, which is rather shocking. Let's look at the situation in KC. Jamaal Charles, a consensus Top 5 back this year. Dwayne Bowe, a legit #1 receiver. Andy Reid, who is known for making QBs look good (i.e. AJ Feely, Mike Kafka, etc.) in the system. Some big improvements on the O-Line this year with the drafting of Fisher and Brandon Albert back for a 1-year gig to get the big money contract.

So let's look at Smith over the past two years, and yes, we all know Kaep replaced him, but Smith was having a great year and Kaep was also having a great year. The reality is that Harbaugh rode the hot hand with Kaep, and Kaep paid off. Good call by him.

2011 Smith, posted 61.3% passing accuracy with 3100+ yds, 17 TDs, and 5 INT. In 2012, he posted 1700+ yds before injury (forecasted to be 3100 yds again), 13 TDs and 5 INT. Passer ratings of 90.7 and 104.1 for the last two years. Sure, you are all saying his TDs and yds suck, but when you look at his weapons, he's only had Gore and Vernon Davis for most of his career. Now enter Andy Reid in a 63/37 pass happy system. Add to it Alex Smith's cerebral skills in making good decisions and high accuracy, and you are starting to see why I like him. Just think, a couple of screens to get Charles in the flat and suddenly Smith's numbers will explode. Will it be this year? Maybe. Next year more likely. I think the Chiefs made an excellent decision in acquiring Smith.
Make that 3 of us. I totally agree with you guys and I'm loving the A. Smith value this year. He's going to put up low end QB1/high end QB2 numbers and he can be had dirt cheap.

H

Like you've pointed out, he's got a true WR1 to throw to in Bowe. He's got one of the most explosive and dangerous RBs in the league behind him, who also excels in the passing game catching the ball. Best of all, he's got what appears to be a solid oline in front of him. Smith is known to make good decisions and I think his skill set is perfect for the Reid system. Lets not forget that Reid went after him. Of the group listed I think Smith is an easy pick for me.

I voted Bradford but after thinking about it more, I think Tannehill has a scheme more friendly to potential top-ten status than Bradford does.

I think Alex Smith could be right in that mix, as well.

I really like Tannehill also but I think Alex Smith is a lock. With that coach, that O and real good weapons the opportunity is there.

• Ryan Tannehill
  • Alex Smith
  • Sam Bradford
  • Brandon Weeden
  • Jake Locker
That is the order I'd rank 'em today. Ask me tomorrow and it would probably change. I would not touch any of the other five.

Given your list.....either Tanny or Bradford....but it would require a larger than normal slew of inj to some studs and the failure of that middle group (cutler/eli/freeman/...ect) to take advantage of the opportunity.

As it is im seeing the adp of the two above rising weekly.

I didn't vote for him, but I've got a funny feeling that Weeden will be a very pleasant surprise.

It could be the beer talking, though.

I'll go with Flynn. Even if Oakland stinks, he could easily put up 25+ TDs and a lot of yardage, aided by garbage time in a handful of games.

Users who are viewing this thread