What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which road team will win this weekend (1 Viewer)

Which underdog will win this weeks playoff game?

• Panthers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patriots

• Redskins

• Steelers

• None

• Total voters

Hov34

Eephus's Great Great Great Love Child
Carolina AT ChicagoWashington AT SeattleNew England AT DenverPittsburg AT Indianapolis

Carolina and possibly the Pats. Indy and Seattle look pretty safe to me.
How does Seattle look "safe"? While I think that they are a decent team, I don't think they are as good as their record.They played 4 games against playoff bound teams. They lost to Washington and Jacksonville. They beat the Giants by 3 in OT and beat the Colts in week 16 at home when Dungy wasn't even there to coach, Manning threw 19 less passes than Sorgi, Harrison didn't play and Wayne had 2 of the team's 31 receptions. Seattle, however, played their starters the entire game.

So basically Seattle played only 3 real games against playoff teams and lost 2 of them and only won the Giants game because Jay Feely missed 3 game winning FGs, one at the end of regulation and 2 in OT. That means that if Jay Feely doesn't have his worst game of the year (all other games he missed 0 or 1 FG), the Seahawks are 0-3 in real games against playoff teams.

Seattle also didn't beat a team with a winning record by more than 3 points, aside from the game against Indy's backups when Seattle played all of their starters. They played 10 of 16 games against teams with 6-10 or worse records. 5 of the 10 games were against teams that were 4-12 or worse.

The Seahawks may be the favorites in the NFC, but that is solely because of the bye and the home field.

Carolina and possibly the Pats. Indy and Seattle look pretty safe to me.
Thats my opinion as well. I can see the Skins and Steelers keeping it close, particularly the Steelers. But I'd expect a Seahawk blowout win as slightly more probable than a close game.

Carolina and possibly the Pats.  Indy and Seattle look pretty safe to me.
Thats my opinion as well. I can see the Skins and Steelers keeping it close, particularly the Steelers. But I'd expect a Seahawk blowout win as slightly more probable than a close game.
See my post above as to why that is more improbable than probable. While it may happen, the Seahawks needed 3 missed game winning FGs to beat the only fully manned playoff team that they did beat and the best winning margin against a team with a .500 or better winning percentage was 3 points (taking out the Indy game).That and the fact that Washington already beat them, I would say that this will be a close game and that it could go either way. It wouldn't surprise me at all if 1 or 2 big plays/turnovers decides the game.

Users who are viewing this thread