What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which top 3 WR landing spots will change your draft board? Let's run some scenarios (2 Viewers)

As many may know, I was driving the Nabers ahead of Harrison train for about 2-3months now... I just couldn't pull the trigger to make it official.

As of today, I am here.... Harrison/Nabers/Odunze all #1, pending landing spot.

There is absolute possibility that I will have Harrison #3 after the draft. And that's not to be edgy, or cool, or different. I've just watched enough ball that I always has Nabers there w MHJ and always had Odunze a nut-hair behind.

Post research, pro-day, combine... I sit comfortably with the fact that there is little/no difference between the 3 (aside from MHJs star-power name, which is worth something for fantasy).... Perhaps there is a small "edge" for NHJ and Nabers on the field, but I have a pretty good edge to Odunze on mentality... And for me, mentality going into the NFL is worth a lot.

Plus, I sit at #3 anyways, so I'm just taking who's left... There's no decision for me.

But yes, spot will differentiate everything from this point.

Last edited:
NE takes Harrison
AZ takes Odunze
LAC takes Nabers
At first this seems to make them all about equal. But If this happened it would tell me that Harbaugh isn’t going to run as much as we think. Herbert is easily the best QB of the bunch and meshes well with Nabers. I want nothing to do with the Patriots right now but Harrison somewhat changes that. Nabers becomes my 1, the others are basically tied in this scenario.

I have the 1 and 3 in one league where WRs are king, the 2 in SF. in this scenario I’m probably going Nabers with the 1, whoever is left at 3. Although I might take Bowers instead or trade down.
In SF I’ll probably take Maye at 2 while I might have taken Harrison if he landed in AZ.

Put MH jr in NE, Nabers with the giants and Odunze in Chicago and they’re even more equalized IMO. Which honestly feels somewhat likely.

Last edited:
But yes, spot will differentiate everything from this point
You would have Nabers #1 in above scenario, then?

If Nabers went to LAC, he'd be my immediate #1.

Harbaugh gonna run, no doubt, but Herbert will definitely throw enough to support 150 targets for this guy

NE takes Harrison
AZ takes Odunze
LAC takes Nabers
At first this seems to make them all about equal. But If this happened it would tell me that Harbaugh isn’t going to run as much as we think. Herbert is easily the best QB of the bunch and meshes well with Nabers. I want nothing to do with the Patriots right now but Harrison somewhat changes that. Nabers becomes my 1, the others are basically tied in this scenario.
With regard to the Chargers, as much talk and structure as there is about centering around the run game, they'll still have to throw the ball a fair amount. Harbaugh is smart enough to know it's 2024 not 1984. And unless the Chargers have the most dominating defense (unlikely), he'll have to have Herbert chuck it. Just not nearly as much as with the previous regime, most likely.

With regard to the Patriots, if they take Harrison, that means that Brissett is most likely the starter. He's no world beater, but he's proven to be a decent passer and can support a top-tier receiver (which obviously would be MHJ).

Short story long, given the above proposed destinations, I'd go Nabers, Harrison, Odunze in both redraft and dynasty, but it's close for sure. Different destinations may change that order a bit.

Harbaugh gonna run, no doubt, but Herbert will definitely throw enough to support 150 targets for this guy

Nabers w the Chargers = #1
Odunze w the Chargers = #1
MHJ w the Chargers = #1

Nabers w the Chargers = #1
Odunze w the Chargers = #1
MHJ w the Chargers = #1
Can certainly make a case for this. Whoever goes to the Chargers is going to be tethered to Herbert for years to come, and the target competition (at least right now) is weak at best. Any other destination probably requires a bit of a leap of faith that the offensive ecosystem will either remain intact or improve.

So this comes down to team by sounds of it

#1. Chargers due to Herbert
#2. Cardinals. Top dog but lesser QB.
#3. Jets. Wilson top dog, Rodgers time left
#4. Bears. Moore, Allen this year but next sees Allen gone. What will Williams be
#5. Patriots. No QB. Team in disarray but be top dog
Too bad on
Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Jags as this would have any of these 3 skyrocketing in value if they traded up. I think 8 is prime spot to get Odzune for these 3 teams.

#4. Bears. Moore, Allen this year but next sees Allen gone. What will Williams be
Too bad on
Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Jags as this would have any of these 3 skyrocketing in value if they traded up. I think 8 is prime spot to get Odzune for these 3 teams.
I'd personally put the Patriots over the Jets and Bears in terms of landing spot. While the team is certainly in disarray, you have to think that the passing offense will revolve around whichever WR lands there. As mentioned, just a leap of faith that they get the QB right and they don't add too much target competition later on. With the Jets, competing with Wilson for targets, no matter who the QB is, might cap receiving upside.

To a lesser extent, same with the Bears/DJ Moore. While the past is the past, the Bears have shockingly never had a 4000 yard passer in their history. Would like to think Caleb breaks that, but no guarantees.

Too bad on
I think I like the Bears more than the Jets actually. It comes to a pretty simple inequality: Caleb Williams > Aaron Rodgers

All 3 are elite wideouts, and they will largely retain their values regardless of Draft Destination. We have seen other top-tier receivers hold their fantasy values in some pretty bad situations. That said, I have all 3 of these wideouts in the same tier, and destination does matter, particularly for Redraft.

NE is easily (currently) the worst of these situations, but it seems unlikely that they are going into the season with Bailey Zappe and Jacoby Brissett battling it out for the starting gig. Then again, if they spend their first pick on MHJ, it is a possibility. The good news, for Dynasty, is that the Patriots would likely find themselves atop the 2025 Draft boards again, so help could be on the way. Although Jerod Mayo is a defensive-minded coach, I love the addition of Alex Van Pelt as OC.

Much is made of Harbaugh's tendency to favor a more conservative offensive game plan, but he inherits Justin Herbert. If the Chargers invest such an early pick at WR, I think we can assume Harbaugh is building on his team's strengths rather than trying to impose his run-based philosophy.

I'm not quite sure what to make of Arizona. Gannon is a defensive-minded coach coming off of a 4-13 inaugural season with the Cards, but we probably should not read too much into that considering Murray was returning from injury and learning a new offense. As with Harbaugh in LA, Gannon inherited a top-tier QB in Murray. The cupboard is bare at WR, so it makes sense that the Cardinals have their sights set on one of the top receivers in this Draft.

Dynasty Rankings:
Marvin Harrison, Jr. at NE
Malik Nabers at LAC
Rome Odunze at Ari

Redraft:
Malik Nabers at LAC
Rome Odunze at Ari
Marvin Harrison, Jr. at NE

NE takes Harrison
AZ takes Odunze
LAC takes Nabers

Unlikely, but possible. If the draft went this way, how you rank them?
I don't view NE or AZ as possible at 3 and 4, but moving back and up could happen so I'll play.

Redraft and I'll add I'd find these rankings easy, little tiers exist between each of them:

Nabers
Odunze
Harrison

Dynasty and I'd struggle with Harrison vs Odunze.

Nabers
Harrison
Odunze

Maybe time to add a 4th WR into the mix. I still have MHjr and Nabers way above the rest, and then Odunze in his own tier. For fantasy though, a 1st/2nd round WR taken by Buffalo will certainly shoot up draft boards.

Users who are viewing this thread