What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which Week 1 Stud TE's Will Be Able to Keep Producing? (1 Viewer)

just_want_2_win

Footballguy
Julius Thomas, Jared Cook, Jordan Cameron, Brandon Myers, Dallas Clark, Kellen Winslow, and seemingly even Mike Ditka had strong games at TE in week 1.

So which of these do you think will be able to sustain that production and which are flukes?

I'll comment on the two I researched the most prior to the draft:

I agree with the sentiment that Cameron will continue to do well but may experience a drop when Gordon's suspension ends. Then again, maybe Gordon will free him up more. The talent and size are there. If Gordon doesn't hurt him, Weeden and eventually the weather may ding his stats.

I think the jury is still out on Thomas. Teams will adjust and there are so many competing targets on that team. OTH, the ground game didn't show much so maybe Peyton will be slinging to everyone weekly.

In order

Cook - looks legit in that offense

Clark - same story, new year

Thomas - most talented, only reason he's not on too is because of the other weapons

Cameron - best weapon now, Gordon isn't as threatening as his QB IMO

Meyers - garbage time hero, 3 WRs ahead of him

Winslow - Jets.

I think the argument with Thomas was that there were too many weapons and the Broncos never gave him a real chance before.

Do these even apply this week?

I think the argument with Thomas was that there were too many weapons and the Broncos never gave him a real chance before.

Do these even apply this week?
is health was an issue before.

I think Thomas Jordan and Cook all can put up nice numbers, I wouldnt count on Myers or Winslow or Dallas Clark

Do you think these guys are weekly starters or more like matchup plays. I think Cook looks like the only guy so far I'd be willing to use as my only TE. Everyone else is in wait-and-see mode.

In order

Cook - looks legit in that offense

Clark - same story, new year

Thomas - most talented, only reason he's not on too is because of the other weapons

Cameron - best weapon now, Gordon isn't as threatening as his QB IMO

Meyers - garbage time hero, 3 WRs ahead of him

Winslow - Jets.
After Cameron's week 1, Gordon will only help take pressure off of him. There's no one else in that offense doing anything.

I don't even see how you guys can put Dallas Clark in this discussion. Sure he caught a bunch of passes but he looked so old I thought we might see the first player retire in the middle a game. He won't make it out of the next few games.

Do you think these guys are weekly starters or more like matchup plays. I think Cook looks like the only guy so far I'd be willing to use as my only TE. Everyone else is in wait-and-see mode.
I have a hard time coming up with 12 guys that I would start in front of the top 4 on the list (Cook, Clark, Cameron, Thomas). If you have them you play them in my opinion, unless you also have Graham, Davis, Gronkowski if he plays, Witten, Finley, and Gonzalez.

I think that is the top 10 TEs right now. I might be missing someone though.

Cook and Cameron look legit, and I think they will remain solid. Thomas has mad receiving skills, but he is a liability as a blocker; I worry that may limit his snaps. Winslow and Clark will likely tail off, but they will not disappear, barring injury. I am not yet convinced on Myers.

Thomas is here to stay..someone posted numbers in another JT thread, basically showing targets or even recs for TEs in Manning's offenses..since the rule changes a couple of years ago, the TEs on mannings teams avg'd 100+ recs..just look at two Denver TEs in 2012, Tamme & Dreesen..52 and 41 recs, 93 recs 901 yards and 7 Tds..and there were other TEs catching balls in Denver!

Thats the first thing , the second is , give me the guy who is in an offense where the QB looks like he's a lock to toss 45-50 TDS , as Manning is right now..even if you give D. Thomas AND Welker 12 TDS each, Thats only 24..if you're like most people who think Manning is good for 45-50 TDs, you still have 21-26 left to dole out..so , who gets those? You want to give Decker 7? that leaves 14 to get Manning to 45 TDs..who gets those 14? RBs? Maybe only a couple of them..you see where Im going..JT is going to get his..its easier for defenses to shut down Cook, than it is to shut down JT , just compare the surrounding talent on each team, Denver has a superior supporting cast..Cook is solid , he'll also get his numbers this season..

julius thomas should be in for another good week.. should be a shoot out between the mannings.

add in the giants dont seem to do a good job of covering tes and it looks like he could be in for another good weekend

i was going to mention Celek as well. I have him on my team and he had a TD last night with a 28 yard catch. I'm not sure hes consistent at all though but in that offense...I could see him getting more touches hopefully.

Cook is the best positioned to stay beastly, based on how he was used during the game. Cameron should be rock solid for at least one more week, and then things will get reshuffled when Gordon returns. I think he'll stay very productive, but double digit targets probably aren't likely in many more weeks.

Thomas was a monster and I'd have him right next to Cook if Denver had two superb WRs instead of 3. He'll have some big games, but some weeks he'll be the 2/36 guy Decker was. That's not a huge penalty for his upside.

Clark, no. He looked awful, despite all the targets. Marlon Brown and Jacoby Jones when he's back are likely to get priority over Clark. I'd actually prefer Winslow, who was the only receiver with whom Geno seemed to have a connection. I wouldn't rate Winslow as a top-12 guy, but he'll probably do if you're desperate.

Myers is a garbage time guy. Randle is clearly coming into his own, so I don't think that many opportunities will be there for the TE. He'll probably finish around where NYG tight ends have the past few years: around 600 yards and 5-6 scores. Not a ton of upside.

Users who are viewing this thread