What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

White Elephant Rounds 3 and 4 (1 Viewer)

IN the end, LHUCKS has S. Jackson from first round, Deuce McCallister from second, and Marquis Colsten from third, with WSL ADP's of 2(RB2), 23(RB18) and 36 (WR10). That equates to an early first, a middle second, and a mid third round pick in a normal draft. LESSON LEARNED: It may be better to freeze the draft instead of simply turning off the clock when somebody will be gone a few days. Had LHUCKS been here and watching the draft, he likely would have had the opportunity to steal, but not keep a RB more attractive to him. He hasn't been screwed exactly, according to ADP's, but this definately solidifies the drafts nickname "screw your buddy draft".
Fixed
Geuss you missed the Duckboy manuever from round one?There can sometimes be stealable options that nobody can steal back even when you aren't on the clock.

I have another question/opinion.

Since I wasn't trying to steal Travis Henry, why am I being penalized for doing such?

TIA.

I have another question/opinion.

Since I wasn't trying to steal Travis Henry, why am I being penalized for doing such?

TIA.
How are we supposed to know that? :boxing: Seriously though, I suppose it's not necessary to have the rule that you lose your steal when you make a mistake. I could take it or leave it, but either way it's the same for everyone.

RULES:1. You may never steal a player who WAS FIRST DRAFTED (was a fesh player pool pick) before your last pick.2. You may steal ONLY an owners last pick.3. 8 hour clock applies to fresh picks/steals. NO CLOCK applies to re-picks taken from the player pool, or a steal to replace a stolen pick. NOTE: A replacement pick must be made before your next pick.4. For re-picks, you may not steal anyone drafted before your original pick.5. For original draft position purposes, a player taken from the player pool on a repick is to be considered as the SAME DRAFT SLOT AS THE the person currently on the clock.6. Five steal limit for the draft.7. If a player times out on his turn, "player X" will be inserted as the pick (A hypothetical player nobody would wish to steal.) The timed out owner may, at any time, pick from the player pool for a real player, as if it were a repick, with the Steal Test left intact. 8. If a steal is made that is later deemed to be illegal, the stolen pick will immediately revert back to it's last owner. In addition, the owner attempting the illegal steal is charged for a steal anyway, and MUST make the pick up from the player pool.9. Standard WSL roster limits, and scoring rules.STEAL TEST:A PLAYER MAY BE STOLEN IF AND ONLY IF IT PASSES THIS TEST:1. Is it that owner's last pick taken? If yes....2. Have I made a pick (of any type...steal, original, or repick) since this player was FIRST DRAFTED FROM THE PLAYER POOL....if no, then....3. Did I have the opportunity to steal this player before (while I was on the clock)...if no....then4. Have I ever owned this player before? If no, then...You can steal him.EDITED FOR CLARITY AND SPELLING..not for content
Where exactly does it say you have to use the word "steal" when stealing a player? By LHUCKS logic and argument, Jeff didn't steal last round (when he made the same mistake, but on a player that was actually stealable.) Since Jeff did not mean to excercise a steal, should we simply revert that player back to it's first owner? Since it WAS a legal steal For Jeff, how were we to know? By the rules as they are written, there really is no choice but to charge LHUCKS with one steal. With that said, I agree with Radballs that it may not be strictly necessary to charge a steal on an illegal steal. Everyone in this draft is common to FBG's, and I believe everyone here has participated in FBG's surviver pools. In a money league, no way I'd propose changing a rule mid-way....but this is far from a money league, it's an experiment. Let's put it to a vote. To put it clearly, the vote is to leave the rule as written, or to amend it so that the only penalty is that no steal may be used for that pick (it must be a fresh player pool player). SEE VOTE THREAD!

After a great deal of thought and deliberation, I've decided to go with a WR1 that was not my first choice. Unfortunately, all my top choices have either been locked up, or soon will be with no way to protect myself if I steal them.

I could wait until my turn and take 3 straight players, but I'd miss out on my top 6 or 7 WR choices. So I'm going to really screw my buddy Ducky....

STEAL ROY WILLIAMS!

I have no idea who's up or whom I should PM.Someone figure that out.....
You weren't OTC...the only one you need to PM is the one you stole from.And why couldn't you use DD? Run two versions/files. The first just to keep track of players taken, not to track the teams. In that version, it doesn't even matter if you have the player drafted by the correct team. Just move them out of player pool onto whatever roster DD shows OTC.Use the second to track the teams if you want, but update it only to the point where it can't change. It will always be a round or so behind right now, but later when most of the stealing is done, you'll be safe enough to keep it current, and just use that file.

Last edited by a moderator:
4.14 Kellen Winslow, TE, Cleve.

5.01 Laveranues Coles, WR, NYJ

Give me a few and I'll get the 5/6 thread up.

4.14 Kellen Winslow, TE, Cleve.5.01 Laveranues Coles, WR, NYJGive me a few and I'll get the 5/6 thread up.
Should we let him reconsider his Winslow pick? Are you aware of today's news?I'd rather see a good ADP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread