What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who am I? Wide Receiver addition (1 Viewer)

Carter_Can_Fly

Footballguy
Over the last 5 weeks I have only had 25 targets, but with those 25 targets I have 15 catches for 261 yards and 5 TD's. In dynasty my value is going to be sky high this off season.

Can you guess without looking?

 

Carter_Can_Fly

Footballguy
-Yes.

-Eli has only thrown 11 td passes this year and 5 of them have been to Randle. This kid is a play maker and you need to buy now before Nicks moves in the off season and Randle is a full time 125 target player. He is going to be gold.

-Through 80 targets in the NFL he has 8 td's. He also has averaging 16 yards per catch through his first season and a half.

- At 22 years of age and born in May Randle is younger than guys like Tavon Austin, Patterson and Hunter.

-Buy before his price reaches a height not attainable.

 

FUBAR

Footballguy
How have opposing teams been covering Randle? Seems he's the 3rd receiver, although Nicks hasn't been great this year. Is he going to be hampered by presumably better coverage next year?

 

FF Ninja

Footballguy
Who am I? I had 16 touchdowns in my third year. I scored 16 touchdowns in my next 5 years.

Don't overreact to touchdowns.

 

Kool-Aid Larry

Footballguy
Who am I? I had 16 touchdowns in my third year. I scored 16 touchdowns in my next 5 years.

Don't overreact to touchdowns.
lol that's a fair point in general, but I don't see it applying here.

when a guy's in on a third of the plays and consistently gets endzone looks, I'd consider that a positive when looking ahead to a time when he might double or triple those snaps.

edit ps

deangelo williams?

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Warrior

Footballguy
Carter_Can_Fly said:
jtd13 said:
-Yes.

-Eli has only thrown 11 td passes this year and 5 of them have been to Randle. This kid is a play maker and you need to buy now before Nicks moves in the off season and Randle is a full time 125 target player. He is going to be gold.

-Through 80 targets in the NFL he has 8 td's. He also has averaging 16 yards per catch through his first season and a half.

- At 22 years of age and born in May Randle is younger than guys like Tavon Austin, Patterson and Hunter.

-Buy before his price reaches a height not attainable.
Should've known this was going to be a NY player by the avatar. Definitely a little homerism in this analysis.

Randle is getting extra production because Nicks and Cruz take away defensive coverage. Not despite them being there.

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kool-Aid Larry

Footballguy
Carter_Can_Fly said:
jtd13 said:
-Yes.

-Eli has only thrown 11 td passes this year and 5 of them have been to Randle. This kid is a play maker and you need to buy now before Nicks moves in the off season and Randle is a full time 125 target player. He is going to be gold.

-Through 80 targets in the NFL he has 8 td's. He also has averaging 16 yards per catch through his first season and a half.

- At 22 years of age and born in May Randle is younger than guys like Tavon Austin, Patterson and Hunter.

-Buy before his price reaches a height not attainable.
Should've known this was going to be a NY player by the avatar. Definitely a little homerism in this analysis.

Randle is getting extra production because Nicks and Cruz take away defensive coverage. Not despite them being there.
yeah, but that's not really true because they're starving him out on snaps.

each of those guys has played 90% of the offensive snaps for the year, with randle only getting 54%.

it's true, though, that next year he might see a few more top corners if cruz works out of the slot in 3 wide, but this is hugely offset by the snap pop

 

Sweet Love

IBL Representative
Kool-Aid Larry said:
jesseasi said:
FF Ninja said:
Who am I? I had 16 touchdowns in my third year. I scored 16 touchdowns in my next 5 years.

Don't overreact to touchdowns.
Sounds like Braylon Edwards. Oh the memories of a great sell high coming off that 16TD season.
no, he had 18 td his next 5 yrs
Is he playing somewhere?

 

Carter_Can_Fly

Footballguy
Carter_Can_Fly said:
jtd13 said:
-Yes.

-Eli has only thrown 11 td passes this year and 5 of them have been to Randle. This kid is a play maker and you need to buy now before Nicks moves in the off season and Randle is a full time 125 target player. He is going to be gold.

-Through 80 targets in the NFL he has 8 td's. He also has averaging 16 yards per catch through his first season and a half.

- At 22 years of age and born in May Randle is younger than guys like Tavon Austin, Patterson and Hunter.

-Buy before his price reaches a height not attainable.
Should've known this was going to be a NY player by the avatar. Definitely a little homerism in this analysis.

Randle is getting extra production because Nicks and Cruz take away defensive coverage. Not despite them being there.
This is true to a certain degree, however Randle is a talented WR that will strive in a starting role. Cruz is going no where and Nicks won't be with team. If you give Randle 125 targets he is bound to have very nice numbers.

 

FF Ninja

Footballguy
jesseasi said:
FF Ninja said:
Who am I? I had 16 touchdowns in my third year. I scored 16 touchdowns in my next 5 years.

Don't overreact to touchdowns.
Sounds like Braylon Edwards. Oh the memories of a great sell high coming off that 16TD season.
Correct.

FF Ninja said:
Who am I? I had 16 touchdowns in my third year. I scored 16 touchdowns in my next 5 years.

Don't overreact to touchdowns.
Moose Muhammad?
Great guess, but Mush was in his 9th year when that 16 TD season happened.

 

FF Ninja

Footballguy
Kool-Aid Larry said:
FF Ninja said:
Who am I? I had 16 touchdowns in my third year. I scored 16 touchdowns in my next 5 years.

Don't overreact to touchdowns.
lol that's a fair point in general, but I don't see it applying here.

when a guy's in on a third of the plays and consistently gets endzone looks, I'd consider that a positive when looking ahead to a time when he might double or triple those snaps.

edit ps

deangelo williams?
Where did you get 18 TDs for Braylon? FBG has him at 16 for the rest of his career.

Either way, no way for me to be certain about this, but he's probably getting covered by a nickel CB and caught a break or two to score all those TDs in this way to small sample we are getting excited about. Also, he's not really getting endzone looks. Only two of his TDs have come when they've been in the red zone.

Sometimes a defense takes away the other two WRs and you see the third guy blow up (see Rishard Matthews on MNF). Randle could be solid next year, but he could also struggle with increased coverage. I would temper my expectations rather than jumping on this hype train.

 

Carter_Can_Fly

Footballguy
3 more targets, 3 more catches for 37 yards and another td. His last 5 games he has 12 catches on 15 targets for 202 yards and 4 td's. The Giants also have 4 wins in a row. His value this year is obviously td reliant as he is not getting consistent targets, but I am quite giddy for next year.

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top