What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Are You Most Concerned About After Week 2? (1 Viewer)

Even just as a Niners fan I'm concerned about Aiyuk.  I don't think this is Shanny head games. I am under the impression that there's something legitimate going on - like he's out there running bad routes & not putting the time into the playbook. 

Shanahan's comments have been somewhat vague, but the local radio guys & beat writers have suggested this is more than some weird motivational tactic. 
He made a pretty big 3rd down catch.  His only catch. But exponential growth over week 1 on targets, catches and yards gained!!!!

He made a pretty big 3rd down catch.  His only catch. But exponential growth over week 1 on targets, catches and yards gained!!!!
I’m optimistic he gets more and more involved. There seems to be a trust issue between JimmyG & Aiyuk.

timing routes are a critical part of this offense - throwing the ball to a spot the receiver is about to break to. If the receiver isn’t on the same page, bas things can happen. 

Hopefully this week’s big catch is something to build on in restoring that trust. I’m remaining hopeful because Aiyuk is a physically talented WR who could be sooooo so good if it all comes together. 

I wouldn’t cut bait yet. There’s a reason he was a preseason darling.

This week was less depressing for me than last week- and a good reminder that much of the time, patience is better than rash decisions. 5 months of draft prep, 1 week to decide all the guys you loved going in all stink? Maybe chill is a good idea.

Aiyuk and Sermon tho... Starting to remember why last year I swore off SF running backs. 

For  me, it's  Josh Allen. 

Completion percentage is down quite a bit due to accuracy issues.   I expected some negative regression from last year's monster season, but Allen hasn't been nearly as effective.  
I'm also a bit concerned, but also recognize that he's faced a couple of good defenses, too. He also did have some struggles last year with good defensive units. WFT this week is not exactly another easy matchup, but if he struggles again, then I'm officially worried. 

For  me, it's  Josh Allen. 

Completion percentage is down quite a bit due to accuracy issues.   I expected some negative regression from last year's monster season, but Allen hasn't been nearly as effective.  

Down like 35% is what I just read. Woof. 

That's like twice what it was up by last year, so not only has he regressed, but he also dropped below his 2019 accuracy #s

Regression was due, and many of the writers in the FF community opined on this, but no one had it this bad. Could just be early season rust. Or it might not. I think he'll be ok. He just may not be worth his ADP this year. 

Antonio Gibson.  Took him in the mid 2nd....and he's usually the kind of RB I don't like taking (2nd or 3rd year guy who had a nice season kind of out of nowhere....but now is being annointed as an RB2) but I heard people mention him as  The Christian McCaffery of the WFT.    I kind of feel like I'm going to get Kevan Barlow'd by him.

He'll be fine.  Great buy low option  if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread