What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Are You Most Concerned About After Week 2? (1 Viewer)

I didn't watch yesterday. What's with Brissett totally ignoring the only productive wr (Waddle)?
His buddy Tua has been likely taking any and all reps involving Waddle this past off season. Would like to see Brissett and his choices in the passing game with a full week of reps. My 1st hope is he finds Mike Gesicki and get the underneath passing game going. Mike has a grand total of 3 catches this season.  

Agreed on Saquon. He's still clearly not right IMO and the investment likely should have owners concerned in redraft in particular.

I personally bought hard on Gibson taking the next step. Two games in and zero TDs and now also without Fitz being there doesn't seem to do great things for his value. Also seeing McKissic scoring in week 2 makes me worried about the split there as well.

I worry that Waddle will be impossible to start with Brissett at QB.
Maybe a week of reps and being named the starter ahead of time will help. I don't see Tua being pushed to practice this week and perhaps a late scratch Thur/Fri with the hopes of the following week. 

Miami has to play the Raiders this week, no time to play WDIS for Flores, I hope he quickly moves in this week and removes Tua from the field for just one solid week and let him heal plus watch Brissett and how he operates, still think Tua needs a teacher and I hate to say it but Fitz should have been retained. I know Brissett has some games under his belt, not a very exciting prospect at QB but maybe a steady hand can guide them for one week. How much worse could he be in Week 3 than Miami getting shutout this past Sunday? He played quite a bit of it so he has some role in the shutout. 

I am slightly worried about Deandre Hopkins.

He has 3 TDs so far which is great, but for the 1st 2 weeks,  he has 12 targets out of 76 passes, which is only a 16% target share.  Out of the AZ WRs, Moore has 13 targets, Hopkins and Green have 12 targets, and Kirk has 9 targets.  So Murray is spreading it around really well.  Last year Hopkins had a 29% target share.  Much of Hopkins' value comes from the consistent volume, and while it's only 2 games, I don't think he's going to come close to the 29% target share going forward, and I would be surprised if he even gets to 25% share.  Too many mouths to feed in AZ.
There is probably some validity to this one. Hopkins had 9 or more targets in a game 11 times last year. He's had games with 8 and 4 targets so far.

In 2020, Hopkins had twice as many targets (160) as Kirk (79) with Fitz coming in third at 72. Hopkins, Green, and Moore are each trending for 100 targets while Edmonds and Kirk are projected out to 75-80. 

Hopkins had averaged 10 targets a game for 6 years, so things may go back to normal . . . but I do think the team has more options and they may not have to force the ball to Hopkins each week.

Hopkins had averaged 10 targets a game for 6 years, so things may go back to normal . . . but I do think the team has more options and they may not have to force the ball to Hopkins each week.
That, and the ever-present danger of a next-gen QB poaching TDs by running instead of throwing the ball.  Plus AZ's defense, to my eye, appears to be improved. Keeping games lower scoring could also reduce the total # of passes in games against less potent offenses.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Hopkins, but the situation is less than ideal.  

I'm not so much concerned as starting to accept Brady might still break the '72 Dolphins record

Richard Sherman likely to sign with the Bucs from most things I read, see and hear right now. 

He might have lost a step or two but he can provide leadership as TB suffered an injury in their secondary. 

Should have said games not weeks. My bad. I was in the middle of a nice dish of ice cream chilling out,sorry
Sounds delicious. Mint Chip? 

I'm glad to see you putting your actions where your post is though, chilling with some ice cream, not worrying about your players. :thumbup:

Definitely CEH. Was hard to blame him for struggling last year given KC's terrible OL, but with the new line he's once again looking like a replacement-level RB. Goes down easy, doesn't create many missed tackles or get many yards after contact. Starting to look like another black mark on Brett Veach's draft record.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one. It's two weeks. TWO WEEKS! 14 more fantasy weeks still to play. 14 MORE!

Have a dish of ice cream and chill out.
Fair point, but that was the point of the OP. Not to freak out about every player who underperformed after two weeks, but the possible emergence of trends that may not have existed last year. Things change quickly and using past performance often doesn't pay dividends. 

That, and the ever-present danger of a next-gen QB poaching TDs by running instead of throwing the ball.  Plus AZ's defense, to my eye, appears to be improved. Keeping games lower scoring could also reduce the total # of passes in games against less potent offenses.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Hopkins, but the situation is less than ideal.  
I don't think there is anything wrong with Hopkins.  Hopkins is still an elite talent.  But he is generally not a huge TD producer (he has had some big TD years in HOU), so people drafted him to get 10 targets a game (he's had 150+ targets in 6 straight years), and I don't see that happening with the emergence of Rondale Moore and Christian Kirk.

Hopkins isn't going to be a "bust", but I don't think he will justify his draft capital either. 

I'm not so much concerned as starting to accept Brady might still break the '72 Dolphins record

Richard Sherman likely to sign with the Bucs from most things I read, see and hear right now. 

He might have lost a step or two but he can provide leadership as TB suffered an injury in their secondary. 
Sherman and AB sounds like a practice fight waiting to happen.

I missed Kupp by 1 pick. Settled for DJ Moore, who's been excellent, but he hasn't been Kupp. 

That said, IIRC, Kupp gets dinged up quite a bit & Woods has missed like 1 game in his entire career. I have a feeling it'll get more balanced regardless, but should Kupp miss any time, Woods is the obvious beneficiary. 
I kinda think it would be Higbee, but I can definitely see the targets going up for Woods as well in that circumstance.  

No one. It's two weeks. TWO WEEKS! 14 more fantasy weeks still to play. 14 MORE!

Have a dish of ice cream and chill out.
I get this to a certain extent, but on the other hand sometimes you need to make a move before the pattern fully develops....I'm not really talking about flat out dropping a guy, but possibly trading a "name" you have a bad feeling about and may become a weight on your roster......sometimes you need to act while there is still some name value etc....granted there is a chance you could be wrong and a guy balls out the rest of the year....but I think there is some value in this thread.....and times where maybe you need to act on your "concern" sooner rather than later....you might get 80 cents on the dollar now, whereas two weeks from now if the pattern and concern continues to develop you can only get half of that.... 

I'm not so much concerned as starting to accept Brady might still break the '72 Dolphins record.
The chances are greater than 50% TB has a loss by this time next week. At least that's what the analytics say from ESPN and 538 (playing at LAR). But we are a LONG way from giving a 20-0 season by Tampa much thought. ESPN gives a 0.08% likelihood of the Bucs getting through the regular season undefeated. If they got that far and they were a 75% favorite to win each post-season game, that would get them to a 0.03% chance (based on current data). 538 is a little kinder. They give Tampa a 0.45% chance of going 17-0. Using the same 75% chance of winning each playoff game, that ends up at 0.19%.

Oddly enough, ESPN has Tampa's next 2 games (at Rams and at Patriots) as their two hardest remaining games on their schedule. I'm pretty sure BB has invented a limited form of time travel to start adding 6 hours to the day to better prepare for the return of Brady. I am confident that BB will comb old game film from before Tom was born to find defensive schemes and alignments that Brady has never seen before. It probably won't make a difference, but I do think Bill will be digging deep into his bag of tricks for that game.

I'm not sure I'm concerned with any early round guys yet. Some mid-round guys though:

Mike Davis, his entire selling point was workhorse RB. He's not that by a longshot. He's a borderline cut, as Patterson is a threat, a bad offense hurts, and frankly, this was easy to see coming, but he went as a top-25 RB in most leagues anyway. Same applies to Gaskin, though more people were against him.

Robby Anderson, seems DJ Moore has clearly pulled away from him, and CMC's return has made it too tough for 2 WR's to have value.

Laviska Shenault, Urban Meyer is greatly out of his depth, and has pigeonholed him into a gadget/slot role. 

Mark Andrews, this may be premature, but his big selling point was that he was the #1 pass catcher on his team. Sure seems like Hollywood has taken that from him. He's still a starter for fantasy teams, but I'm not sure he's a top-5 guy going forward. 
 Great post. Stings that I have shares of 3 of the 4 guys on that list. Of the 4, Laviska seems to be the most problematic. He's a straight cut, imo. Meyer is clueless on how to use him, the offense is horrific, and Marvin Jones has emerged as the true alpha there (with DJ still in the mix). I just don't see it happening for him this year and he is just wasting a bench spot at this point. 

Picked him up thanks to injuries and started him both games - what is the deal in Cleveland with Donovan Peoples-Jones?  Two targets in two games with ODB and Landry out?   He was a breakout candidate by many.  He’s more like the horse that is still running the next day, long after the race is over.

I dealt away Kamara 2 years ago in dynasty, fearing that the loss of Brees would result in exactly this. For 2 years I felt like maybe I'd made a mistake. When I saw Jameis light it up in the preseason I felt like I'd made a mistake. 

I no longer feel that way. Love the player - hate the situation. Gonna be a long year if "Tampa Winston" keeps showing up like that. O/U on benched for Hill? That might be the best thing for Kamara, and it still might not be great.
Yesterday’s situation tells more than what happened on the field.  That team was missing a lot of talent and 8 coaches.  I’m biased due to being an optimistic Saints fan, but Kamara produced week 1 and was still electric with Teddy under center.  I’m a believer talent always wins out. 

Winston was solid in his 20 attempts week 1 and putrid in week 2.  He still has an arm, so maybe they try to unleash him….or maybe he just needs a reliable receiver and not a collection of undrafted whodats….
He also needs someone to block for him.  He had nothing yesterday. 

He also needs someone to block for him.  He had nothing yesterday. 
I haven't seen Winston pass deeper than 10 yards much.  If you going to dink & dunk that is pretty easy for a defense to defend.  IMHO

like you said though, he didn't have much time.

I'm not sure I'm concerned with any early round guys yet. Some mid-round guys though:

Mike Davis, his entire selling point was workhorse RB. He's not that by a longshot. He's a borderline cut, as Patterson is a threat, a bad offense hurts, and frankly, this was easy to see coming, but he went as a top-25 RB in most leagues anyway. Same applies to Gaskin, though more people were against him.

Robby Anderson, seems DJ Moore has clearly pulled away from him, and CMC's return has made it too tough for 2 WR's to have value.

Laviska Shenault, Urban Meyer is greatly out of his depth, and has pigeonholed him into a gadget/slot role. 

Mark Andrews, this may be premature, but his big selling point was that he was the #1 pass catcher on his team. Sure seems like Hollywood has taken that from him. He's still a starter for fantasy teams, but I'm not sure he's a top-5 guy going forward. 
not trying to pile on the guys that drafted M. Davis but I've had a few Atlanta RBs over the last 5-8 years & they just have a bad offensive line to run the ball.  seems like forever since they have had even an average run game and a slightly above average RB will not help.  IMO

not trying to pile on the guys that drafted M. Davis but I've had a few Atlanta RBs over the last 5-8 years & they just have a bad offensive line to run the ball.  seems like forever since they have had even an average run game and a slightly above average RB will not help.  IMO
I drafted him knowing that he’s not very talented but figured some PPR volume would be there.   I never expected so many touches going to Patterson.  

I get this to a certain extent, but on the other hand sometimes you need to make a move before the pattern fully develops....I'm not really talking about flat out dropping a guy, but possibly trading a "name" you have a bad feeling about and may become a weight on your roster......sometimes you need to act while there is still some name value etc....granted there is a chance you could be wrong and a guy balls out the rest of the year....but I think there is some value in this thread.....and times where maybe you need to act on your "concern" sooner rather than later....you might get 80 cents on the dollar now, whereas two weeks from now if the pattern and concern continues to develop you can only get half of that.... 
:goodposting:

FF is a long sprint and not a marathon.  You need to act quickly but while at the same time being rational.  Pretty hard to recover from 0-3 or 1-4 starts to make the playoffs, even with an extra week this year (assuming most leagues are going 14 weeks).

Not at all. I took Chubb with the 11th pick and would do so again. He is a joy to own.

non-PPR 
I took Chubb 3rd overall in 0.5 PPR due to his consistent play and the fact he is so damn good. Happy so far.

Imagine if they gave Chubb 25 carries a game…. Holy cow. 

I would buy at 80 cents of the dollar if you can.  He had a bad game.....should have something like 6 rec for 90-95 yds.  Some uncharacteristic drops.....not easy catches but ones that AJB should make.  And it was the Derrick Henry show in the 2nd half.  Plus, TEN crapped the bed in Week 1.  The win at SEA was huge. 

If you thought that AJB would catch 100+ passes, you were going to be disappointed.  Julio's presence was factored into his draft price to a certain extent.  

Tannehill...TD pace is way off last years showing. 🤨
TEN crapped the bed in week 1 and yesterday was the Derrick Henry show.  Tannehill will be fine going forward.   Julio had a TD called back on a really close play (it did seem that Julio's foot was touching the chalk).   If you thought Tannehill would get 40+ TDs again, you are likely to be disappointed.

Davis is avg right at about 12 PPG in PPR....RB25......hasn't gotten in the zone yet and faced a tough Tampa D is week 2....so you are kinda getting exactly what you paid for at the moment....if game scripts shift his way a little things could turn in his favor.....Patterson ate into the workload a lot more against TB then he did against PHI....so I can see the concern, but not sure that will be the norm anymore than a normal RB2 on a team, but I could be wrong for sure....not sure how it feels compared to like a Zeke/Pollard thing...

Gottabesweet said:
Bob Woods.  It’s a Kupp love fest and for good reason. 
Rolling with Metcalf and Woods as my 1-2.  "Concern" is probably not the right word, but with Lockett and Kupp running circles around them I'm pretty jealous.  

fightingillini said:
TEN crapped the bed in week 1 and yesterday was the Derrick Henry show.  Tannehill will be fine going forward.   Julio had a TD called back on a really close play (it did seem that Julio's foot was touching the chalk).   If you thought Tannehill would get 40+ TDs again, you are likely to be disappointed.
If I thought 40 I'd really be worried. Asking for 2  In two games is not a lot to ask.

I find you guys a bit harsh on Shenault. Yeah, he had a stinker this week but in PPR, he got 13 or 14 points last week so I guess it all depends where you drafted him. He's my WR 3 or maybe even 4 so if he puts up 14 points, it's fine with me. I think it's too early to tell but I would then to think being the slot receiver on a weak team with a young QB might pan out for him. he might get a lot of short looks at some point. If you drafted him in later rounds, I think he will be fine. Look at Cooper or Hill this week, they stunk....a bad week can happen to any WRs....

I think we need a couple of more weeks to see what shenault can be dropped or not. I'm not giving up on him yet based on the fact that I drafted him late. he would have been an earlier round, then ok....time to panic but his ADP is not that great so one bad week shouldn't be the trigger point so early in the season in my opinion. 

as they say in statistics, 2 points do not make a trend.  Good to wait until after week 3 

that being said this is a great topic. So many people playing below standards out there.  

I agree with many of these but so many are good players are bad teams.  I generally try to avoid those players unless I have to so I am lucky to not have most of them on my rosters.  To me CEH is the most concerning.  He is in the perfect situation.  He was drafted round 1 and I fully expected him to be the next Brian Westbrook for Andy Reid.  He doesn't look to be special as a runner and for some unknow reason KC doesn't throw any passes to the RBs.  I am not certain why they drafted him if they weren't going to throw it to him. 

I was higher on Tee Higgins as I expected a lot of garbage yards in Cincy but Burrow is not as good as I expected him to be at this point.  Higgins has been ok but I expected Burrow to be getting over 300 yards a game.

I am very surprised Kamara has not been used more in the passing game too.

One thing I am very curious about is how the 17th game plays into things.  At least at the RB position it is likely some teams might be holding back some to have their dogs later on.

Users who are viewing this thread