What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Are You Most Concerned About After Week 2? (1 Viewer)

One thing I am very curious about is how the 17th game plays into things.  At least at the RB position it is likely some teams might be holding back some to have their dogs later on.
This is a very good point - not sure all teams are thinking that far ahead when legs are fresh and they try to get off to good starts, but it’s certainly possible.

ahartig said:
I took Chubb 3rd overall in 0.5 PPR due to his consistent play and the fact he is so damn good. Happy so far.

Imagine if they gave Chubb 25 carries a game…. Holy cow. 
Imagine if the gave Hunt 20 carries a game...

Shawnky said:
Yesterday’s situation tells more than what happened on the field.  That team was missing a lot of talent and 8 coaches.  I’m biased due to being an optimistic Saints fan, but Kamara produced week 1 and was still electric with Teddy under center.  I’m a believer talent always wins out. 
Except Winston isn't that talented. And he turns the ball over a lot. Week 1 he only threw what, 11 passes? And he was 11/22 for 50% comp rate. 

The more Winston is asked to do, the more exposed his flaws are going to be. 

Which will be fine if they're able to run the ball & play with a lead. Get down a score or 2 & have to throw to come from behind & it's not going to be pretty. 

It's far and away Kittle for me.  It's the first time I have ever jumped for a TE early in all my years of doing this.  Not a good start.  He's WAY too talented and Shanny has to get his head out of his #### and get him more involved.  4 targets?  Seriously?

Not like they have any RBs left so we'll see...

It's far and away Kittle for me.  It's the first time I have ever jumped for a TE early in all my years of doing this.  Not a good start.  He's WAY too talented and Shanny has to get his head out of his #### and get him more involved.  4 targets?  Seriously?

Agreed, one silver lining for Kittle possibly upping his production is that they may need to be more pass heavy with the RBs so dinged up. 

Hard to fault Shanny though - the team is winning and Kittle is plenty involved in the game plan. Just not the way we want him to be.

Hot Sauce Guy said:
heck, the dude who picked him 2.10 in my league just put him on the block. 

Personally I see Barkley as a decent buy-low. He should get more and more comfortable as he tests that knee. Once that happens, look out. 
He will be a top 5 RB starting as early as next week. He has ten day's to rest up. He showed some explosion in the last game. I think it was pretty much expected that it would take him 2 or 3 games to get it going. 

ahartig said:
Imagine if they gave Chubb 25 carries a game…. Holy cow. 

As a Seahawks fan and Chubb owner it makes me cry at night that they selected Rashaad Penny ahead of him.  That was one hell of a miss...

fightingillini said:
I am slightly worried about Deandre Hopkins.

He has 3 TDs so far which is great, but for the 1st 2 weeks,  he has 12 targets out of 76 passes, which is only a 16% target share.  Out of the AZ WRs, Moore has 13 targets, Hopkins and Green have 12 targets, and Kirk has 9 targets.  So Murray is spreading it around really well.  Last year Hopkins had a 29% target share.  Much of Hopkins' value comes from the consistent volume, and while it's only 2 games, I don't think he's going to come close to the 29% target share going forward, and I would be surprised if he even gets to 25% share.  Too many mouths to feed in AZ.
There are a lot of mouths to feed but it's a pretty big pie in AZ. It looked like Patrick Peterson played him pretty well after Hopkins good start. I feel like he may not get as many targets but he will be very efficient this year. 

As a Seahawks fan and Chubb owner it makes me cry at night that they selected Rashaad Penny ahead of him.  That was one hell of a miss...
RB's don't usually win teams championships but you have to wonder how unstoppable that offense would be with him.

He will be a top 5 RB starting as early as next week. He has ten day's to rest up. He showed some explosion in the last game. I think it was pretty much expected that it would take him 2 or 3 games to get it going. 
I did say he's probably a buy-low candidate. I just don't know if it'll be week 5 or week 10. Sometimes it takes players a year. I've seen a lot of NFL writers refer to that time-frame. 

I did say he's probably a buy-low candidate. I just don't know if it'll be week 5 or week 10. Sometimes it takes players a year. I've seen a lot of NFL writers refer to that time-frame. 
I don't know that he will get back to his dominant form.  I do think there are so many questions with Zeke, Mixon, Taylor, Kamara etc. that he could end up top 5 by default. I think it's more realistic to think top 7 or 8. 

Agreed, one silver lining for Kittle possibly upping his production is that they may need to be more pass heavy with the RBs so dinged up. 

Hard to fault Shanny though - the team is winning and Kittle is plenty involved in the game plan. Just not the way we want him to be.
Kittle spent a lot of time blocking this week. Jimmy G is a check down artist right now, hard to depend upon Kittle.

Hot Sauce Guy said:
15 more.  15 MORE! 

lol 

Also, it's never too early to panic. I live in CA. In case of an earthquake, I do not sit around feeling my domicile vibrating & think, "I should chill out - this'll probably be fine" 

No, I get my dogs & GTFO as quickly as possible. Sometimes panicking helps. Even in FF. Someone's buy-low can be  your "cut bait on a player who's not gonna get it done this year". 

The trick is correctly identifying who to panic over. ;)  

Wtf? Gtfo where? You going to outrun the shaking? 

Hes an overrated fantasy TE

Antonio Gibson.  Took him in the mid 2nd....and he's usually the kind of RB I don't like taking (2nd or 3rd year guy who had a nice season kind of out of nowhere....but now is being annointed as an RB2) but I heard people mention him as  The Christian McCaffery of the WFT.    I kind of feel like I'm going to get Kevan Barlow'd by him.

D' Andre Swift. 

He seems like the 1b guy here for now. He'd be great if he had this backfield to himself. I suppose he will get garbage time catches a lot. I was hoping for more. Maybe they are going easy on him because of his groin. 

Another concern I have is RB depth. The good news is that nobody in my 12 team leagues is very deep at RB. This is the thinnest I have ever seen at the position. I may have to put out a big FAAB bid for JD Mckissic since he is the only RB available who is capable of scoring more than  5 points. There are like 12 set it and forget it guy's and the rest are a crapshoot. 

travdogg said:
I'm not sure I'm concerned with any early round guys yet. Some mid-round guys though:

Mike Davis, his entire selling point was workhorse RB. He's not that by a longshot. He's a borderline cut, as Patterson is a threat, a bad offense hurts, and frankly, this was easy to see coming, but he went as a top-25 RB in most leagues anyway. Same applies to Gaskin, though more people were against him.

Robby Anderson, seems DJ Moore has clearly pulled away from him, and CMC's return has made it too tough for 2 WR's to have value.

Laviska Shenault, Urban Meyer is greatly out of his depth, and has pigeonholed him into a gadget/slot role. 

Mark Andrews, this may be premature, but his big selling point was that he was the #1 pass catcher on his team. Sure seems like Hollywood has taken that from him. He's still a starter for fantasy teams, but I'm not sure he's a top-5 guy going forward. 
Mark Andrews may not be a top 5 guy but he'll probably finish no worse than 6 given the crap at TE. You make a good point about Him not being the only guy in town anymore. Rashaad Bateman comes back in a few weeks as well. I drafted Andrews because I wanted a set it and forget it guy. I have Gronk on the bench and now don't know who to play. The minute I go to Gronk he'll put up a 2/30 line. 

Antonio Gibson.  Took him in the mid 2nd....and he's usually the kind of RB I don't like taking (2nd or 3rd year guy who had a nice season kind of out of nowhere....but now is being annointed as an RB2) but I heard people mention him as  The Christian McCaffery of the WFT.    I kind of feel like I'm going to get Kevan Barlow'd by him.
As a Washington fan, I was cringing all summer whenever I would hear one of these (so called) fantasy sharps touting him as such an early pick this year. This idea that the team would phase out McKissic for no reason at all, when he played great last season, was totally nonsensical. It was a lot of wishcasting with him by the fantasy talking heads. 

Most guys will even out. But if you own CEH and aren't panicking, well I salute you. The hope was a full offseason of weights and the playbook would lead to a vastly improved player. I mean, every rb kc has ever used has put up huge numbers and he's been a complete dud. Not getting any passing game usage and now being in his second year is especially worrying. I hate to bench him but it's getting really hard not to.

As a Washington fan, I was cringing all summer whenever I would hear one of these (so called) fantasy sharps touting him as such an early pick this year. This idea that the team would phase out McKissic for no reason at all, when he played great last season, was totally nonsensical. It was a lot of wishcasting with him by the fantasy talking heads. 
Do you know why McKissic wasn’t involved week one?  I wonder if he’ll be even more involved with Fitz out. 

I agree with you regarding the over hype of Gibson. McKissic is a fantastic pass catching back. No reason to not use him when that’s his specialty. 

I worry that Waddle will be impossible to start with Brissett at QB.
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports testing on Tua Tagovailoa's rib injury didn't reveal any "major issues." 

He will probably be wearing a flak jacket if he plays.

Do you know why McKissic wasn’t involved week one?  I wonder if he’ll be even more involved with Fitz out. 

I agree with you regarding the over hype of Gibson. McKissic is a fantastic pass catching back. No reason to not use him when that’s his specialty. 
snap counts 

W1 AG 36 (65%) JDM 20 (36%)

W2 AG 43 (61%) JDM 31 (44%)

WRT to week 1, the 3rd down snaps were still heavily in favor of McKissic, and all 3 of Gibson’s targets were 1st/2nd down.

Beyond utilization, they are nearly extreme ends of the spectrum in pass pro. 4th best in the league VS dead last is a pretty big gap.

Aiyuk. That's a serious issue if you drafted him as WR1/2. He's nuking a team of mine.
Even just as a Niners fan I'm concerned about Aiyuk.  I don't think this is Shanny head games. I am under the impression that there's something legitimate going on - like he's out there running bad routes & not putting the time into the playbook. 

Shanahan's comments have been somewhat vague, but the local radio guys & beat writers have suggested this is more than some weird motivational tactic. 

I understand the Kittle concern, but I’m not there…yet. If he delivers another dud Week 3 I will have some concern, but I think he gives us a big one versus Green Bay. 

Gronk went 4/39 just last game, didn't he? That's not great. Bailed out by two TDs.
After last week the AB owner (my opponent this week) talked allllllllll kinds of tall trash about how AB was gonna destroy me, how the guys who drafted Evans & Godwin wasted their picks & blah blah blah. 

AB this week: :sadbanana:

There are just a lot of mouths to feed in that offense. The weeks Gronk doesn't score will likely not be pretty on that target share. He's as capable of putting up 20 as anyone in that receiving corps. But he also seemingly has the lowest floor (other than AB, this week. lol) 

Most guys will even out. But if you own CEH and aren't panicking, well I salute you. The hope was a full offseason of weights and the playbook would lead to a vastly improved player. I mean, every rb kc has ever used has put up huge numbers and he's been a complete dud. Not getting any passing game usage and now being in his second year is especially worrying. I hate to bench him but it's getting really hard not to.
The specific hope (and why I dealt for him, and subsequently traded him away) was the reporting that he'd "spent all offseason working on his receiving" and Mahomes coming out with comments about how improved CEH was as a receiver, focal point of the offense, etc. 

It was, based on this small sample size, poppycock. Maybe he is much improved as a receiver - we're unlikely to find out because it's the Hill/Kelce show. 

If CEH were getting 4-7 receptions per game on 6-8 targets, he's a legitimate low-end RB1 in PPR.  It increases his floor & raises his ceiling. He actually looked better on SNF than I've seen him to date - he was moving the pile, showing power, falling forward, fighting for extra yards, and making great downfield blocks as well. Right up until the no good terrible flaming dog poo on the front porch the game away fumble, he looked the part of a pretty solid NFL RB.

Also in the preseason, there was talk that he'd be tried out again in short yardage, but behold - here comes "the mentor" to vulture that rushing TD on SNF. Further hurting his value, he has a QB who's capable of running it in as well. 

All of that adds up to a pretty decent RB who could be excellent on another team, but is mired in mediocrity on the Chiefs. Because the Chiefs just aren't interested in using him as a receiver or in short yardage. So what you're left with is a between the 20s RB who isn't fast enough to take one to the house. 

While I was in on CEH for the projected/expected role, the role he has is simply not a recipe for FF success. 

When  I saw him replaced by McKinnon for the 1 RB target of that drive, then stay on the sidelines for the TD run, I felt pretty vindicated in my decision to trade him away as part of a full rebuild.

I dealt him for a high 1st. I strongly encourage everyone who rosters him to deal him now, while folks still believe in some magical upside that will only come with injuries to McKinnon, Williams, and maybe even Mahomes. He's not going to be the focal point of this offense otherwise. 

Seemingly a lot of smoke without fire this preseason. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand the Kittle concern, but I’m not there…yet. If he delivers another dud Week 3 I will have some concern, but I think he gives us a big one versus Green Bay. 
Kittle is a buy-low. He's going to have his games. This week was an ugly game. They won't all be, and JimmyG loves him some Kittle. 

Chark. He got plenty targets week 1 (only 3/12 though), then had 1 catch last week.

I figured it would be a slow start for him since he missed preseason, but what I wasn't expecting was a slow start for Lawrence. And I have minimal confidence Meyer is going to be able to help develop that team.

Some perceived excellent dynasty owns prior to season that are starting real slow a d sloppy-ish:

AJ Brown

DK Metcalf

S. Diggs (more a Josh Allen problem)

J. Taylor (sorta) 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gronk went 4/39 just last game, didn't he? That's not great. Bailed out by two TDs.
Arains is going to let Brady and Gronk eat inside the red zone including inside the five and pad their hall of fame stats all year.....Brady could set a record for TD passes inside the 5....

5 of his 9 TD's have come inside the 5

2 others inside the 12

only (1) over 20 yards....

this bodes well for Gronk all season....

Isnt that the nature of the TE position tho.  Outside of Kelce and Waller they are largely TD dependent.

I have Andrews also and am kind of kicking myself for passing on Gronk as late round depth/replacement.  In redraft Gronk is gonna prove to be one of the better draft day steals.

Users who are viewing this thread