What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are you offering for Bell? (1 Viewer)

If you had Bell and were starting Sanu at WR - would M Goodwin straight up get a deal done?

I could aslo offer JuJu or E sanders but I think that is too much.

I have Gurley, Peterson, D Henry, Lynch and Yeldon.  Would you offer Henry, Yeldon or Lynch for Bell?

Thinking of one of those three....

I offered McCoy or Henry. He said no but I'm not sure I would have pulled the trigger if he said yes. 

I don't believe I can make an offer that would not be perceived as an insult, yet, so I hold for another week or two of, hopefully increasing uncertainty.  Then, maybe, a Bell owner seeing his value declining for this year and uncertain about next year may begin to consider an offer.

For now I am simply enjoying Conner and knowing that the Bell owner now wishes he had taken my offer on him last year more seriously.

The guy has junk at RB outside of Bell & we start 2 + a flex. He needs help. He needs to blow that roster up, really.
Even with knowing all that it is a horrible offer and it does him no good to trade Bell right now. His value will never be lower. If I was rebuilding a team and had Bell I would hold him until he reports or next offseason and then trade him. I know I said it already, but it is worth repeating your offer was horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy has junk at RB outside of Bell & we start 2 + a flex. He needs help. He needs to blow that roster up, really.
if he needs to blow up the roster, how does Miller help in the long run?  If you are going to really tear down, there are about 20 guys that should be on the untouchable list.  Bell is one of those guys.  

If he needs to blow up the roster to win for the future trading away a stud RB for a middle of the road RB makes no sense.  Miller may outscore Bell this year but it sounds like he has no chance to win this year anyways.

Not sure why the thread became attack me as many other worse offers have been posted, but cool beans. I guess people gotta take out their anger somehow. God bless!

Not sure why the thread became attack me as many other worse offers have been posted, but cool beans. I guess people gotta take out their anger somehow. God bless!
I see a lot of people giving you feedback and commentary on why they would not take such a deal.  I don't see anyone attacking you.  Discussing Bell's value relative to potential offers is kind of what this thread is for, after all.

Feel free to explain why you think Bell's value is so low that Goodwin, Miller or other such players are good returns on the investment.  There is room for differing opinions.

I offered L. Miller in a keeper league & he acted like I was an ####### :lmao:
I would also, act as if you were an #######

do you understand how keeper leagues work?

think about it - Lamar Miller for Le’Veon Bell

how would you react if you received that offer as a Bell owner in a keeper league? 

Make better offers. Or you’ll turn into “that guy” that nobody trades with.

So what level RB or WR would an owner want this week?  Straight up or minimal secondary player to facilitate conversation.

What would that be a week from now if he doesn't show for week 3?

There's a 0% chance I send out offers for Bell, I'm completely uninterested. In fact I've shifted over to trying to understand the handcuff situation behind Conner (Samuels/Ridley) because Conner's workload scares me a bit. I just watched videos of Bell chilling in a strip club in MIA smacking some girl's ###. He doesn't look like he intends to play this year.

There's a 0% chance I send out offers for Bell, I'm completely uninterested. In fact I've shifted over to trying to understand the handcuff situation behind Conner (Samuels/Ridley) because Conner's workload scares me a bit. I just watched videos of Bell chilling in a strip club in MIA smacking some girl's ###. He doesn't look like he intends to play this year.
On the flip side, isn't that a reason to buy? The best potential buy low opportunities arise when there are serious questions. What if the Bell owner in your league feels the same way? I mean he's a risk for sure, but what at what cost is that risk worth it? Mixon? Probably too rich. Alfred Morris? Sure, sign me up. Realistically it's going to fall somewhere in between. If the Bell owner won their first week and is in good shape to win this week they're probably not as tempted to sell for pennies on the dollar. But if they lost week one and are looking ugly for this weekend and/or suffering from injuries? 

I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that was an old video.

i agree though about finding Connor’s handcuff.

Edit. Yep. I’m wrong. It’s not old.

On the flip side, isn't that a reason to buy? The best potential buy low opportunities arise when there are serious questions. What if the Bell owner in your league feels the same way? I mean he's a risk for sure, but what at what cost is that risk worth it? Mixon? Probably too rich. Alfred Morris? Sure, sign me up. Realistically it's going to fall somewhere in between. If the Bell owner won their first week and is in good shape to win this week they're probably not as tempted to sell for pennies on the dollar. But if they lost week one and are looking ugly for this weekend and/or suffering from injuries?
Of course if I could move ALMO for him I would but realistically that's not possible unless the Bell owner had recently suffered blunt force trauma to their head. I'm just generally of the mind that the situation is one that you want to avoid and that it's not worth risking/trading a player who can provide legitimate value to your team this year. 

I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that was an amazing old video.
This is the link (100% NSFW). It's TMZ, I don't trust them. Can you verify whether or not it's the old video?

Of course if I could move ALMO for him I would but realistically that's not possible unless the Bell owner had recently suffered blunt force trauma to their head. I'm just generally of the mind that the situation is one that you want to avoid and that it's not worth risking/trading a player who can provide legitimate value to your team this year. 

This is the link (100% NSFW). It's TMZ, I don't trust them. Can you verify whether or not it's the old video?
I just edited my post. I’m pretty sure it’s not the old video. But I’m on a plane with the wife right now so it’s tough to click on those links...

Well yes, he's going to cost more than Morris. I immediately followed that up by saying he's going to cost somewhere in between the two names I mentioned. 

I think it's probably too soon to buy Bell but after this week if his owners fall to 0-2 and there's no sign he's going to report before week 10, I think you might end up being interested. I know I definitely will be, as well as many others. 

What's that price you're willing to pay? If the highest you're willing to go right now is Morris, that's unlikely to work, but a starting rb still at least has some semblance of value. Lamar Miller? Drake? What you're willing to offer may not be enough to land him, but that's a different matter from what you'd actually be willing to pay.

Have not read any of this thread.

I've not tried to acquire Bell in any dynasty league but the one league I own him yesterday I was offered Brandin Cooks and a late second and this is FFPC so late seconds not really that valuable. I turned down the trade without a second thought and told him only way I'd consider was if I got Hopkins back, but really was not even sure I would do that which may sound crazy but team makeup for me and team wanting Bell makes my reasoning and demands easier to understand.

in a non-keeper league, I'm taking what I can get - best offer. like a R/E agent saying 'highest and best, please'

because you're not getting him back till week ten.then he'll be rusty ( or claim to be) start slowly for a few games..so now youre in about week 13 before he starts performing well..great,you get him back for the playoffs ( if you've made it that far).

let someone else have the HOPE that he's coming back in 2-3 weeks from now..and every game he sits his value declines.it's imperative to deal him ASAP while his value is up.

Would take a flyer on him in redraft but nothing more valuable than about a 7th round pick. Could be a huge boost to a playoff lineup. Not interested in dynasty as he would be much too expensive for my liking. 

I offered Guice and Chubb for Bell and Calloway (before the Gordon news) but turned down. 14 team PPR dynasty.

in a non-keeper league, I'm taking what I can get - best offer. like a R/E agent saying 'highest and best, please'

because you're not getting him back till week ten.then he'll be rusty ( or claim to be) start slowly for a few games..so now youre in about week 13 before he starts performing well..great,you get him back for the playoffs ( if you've made it that far).

let someone else have the HOPE that he's coming back in 2-3 weeks from now..and every game he sits his value declines.it's imperative to deal him ASAP while his value is up.
It doesn't make a lot of intuitive sense to miss the full 10 weeks.  He won't be able to make up $8M on his new deal.  He could make up $3-$4M and save wear on his body by missing the first four games.  It's all guesswork but I think he only misses a month then comes back.

In redraft I offered J.Williams for Bell, and the Bell owner countered with Bell for Hyde.

What say you?

I have him in a keeper and nobody has even come sniffing.  I don't see anything that reduces his value from where it is now unless he doesn't play at all (unlikely).  The closer to week 10 the more value he has.

If I am out of it when he comes back (or just before) then I can trade him for a cheaper keeper next year.  If I am not, by some miracle, then he boosts my team.

For now, he is a dead roster spot on my team but I have not seen anything on the waiver that is worth more than his potential at the end of year.

Users who are viewing this thread