What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

who are your dynasty roster cloggers? (1 Viewer)

grateful zed

Footballguy
you cant play em, you cant drop em.

mine: (30 deep)

bateman.wr.bal

mooney.wr.chi

gainwell.rb.phi

juwan johnson.te.no

alex pierce.wr.ind

Last edited:

mine:

bateman.wr.bal

mooney.wr.chi

gainwell.rb.phi

juwan johnson.te.no

alex pierce.wr.ind
Bateman for me as well. Bryce Young, not that I need him (✊🪵✊🪵), but though he's terrible so far, there's no way I'd drop him this season. Other than that, my dynasty RB stashes, but those were kind of expected to be cloggers for now.

Long list for me and I play mainly smaller roster leagues.
These players are true cloggers, no way can one be put in a lineup. The redraft pulse is dead and needs and injury to possibly be resuscitated.

Dameon Pierce, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McClaughlin, Dotson, Izzy Abanakanda, Toney, Dulchich(ran out of IR space), Mattison, Dalvin Cook

Players I don't want to use but at least they have a pulse.

Spears, Pickens, Juedy, Pitts, Schultz, Najee, Mingo, Charbonnet,

I see some familiar names. I recently dropped Bigsby and Juwan Johnson.

Players I can't drop, but who I never play: Gabe Davis, Jeudy, Gainwell

Dropped Robert woods last week. Gerald Everett, Tyquan Thornton, and a few backup QBs (Darnold, Mike white, Winston) clog my roster in SF.
But in that league, the best player on waivers is probably woods. So I’m not really missing out.

Kendre Miller, Justyn Ross, Jamo, Pitts, Blake Martinez

Pitts will survive next seasons' roster cutdown, so I'm going to be looking at him for at least another year.

mine:

bateman.wr.bal

mooney.wr.chi

gainwell.rb.phi

juwan johnson.te.no

alex pierce.wr.ind

Unless you have very large rosters, I don't see why you couldn't cut any of these guys. And if you do have large rosters, they're not really clogging it. Of this list, I think only Alex Pierce has any potential future breakout possibility.

Bateman: You never want to be starting him so why hold him?
Mooney: See Bateman
Gainwell: Maybe injuries put him in a spot to get significant carries for a period of time, but same is true of many other RBs. Probably 2nd to last cut from this group.
Juwan Johnson: Why?
Alex Pierce: Decent deep threat, maybe stars align for him in the future but doesn't seem likely

Tank Bigsby, Treylon Burks, Marvin Mims, Kyle Pitts, JK Dobbins, WanDale, Rondale, Chip'n'Dale, I have a lot....
This is a better list of roster cloggers as all still have some perceived value. If you're not one of the believers, you want to find out who in your league still has hope, ship them for a pick and re-roll.

These players are true cloggers, no way can one be put in a lineup. The redraft pulse is dead and needs and injury to possibly be resuscitated.

Dameon Pierce, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McClaughlin, Dotson, Izzy Abanakanda, Toney, Dulchich(ran out of IR space), Mattison, Dalvin Cook

Of the top list, I'd hold Dotson just because I expect the Commanders to look different next year as the regime change continues. He's got elite separation skills and showed well as a rookie. For some reason the present "genius" OC likes to target RBs and 5th string WRs as primary reads on way too many plays. I doubt that is the case next season.

I would cut Toney just on principle. He's cursed. He's bad for your fantasy locker room.

mine:

bateman.wr.bal

mooney.wr.chi

gainwell.rb.phi

juwan johnson.te.no

alex pierce.wr.ind

Unless you have very large rosters, I don't see why you couldn't cut any of these guys. And if you do have large rosters, they're not really clogging it. Of this list, I think only Alex Pierce has any potential future breakout possibility.

Gainwell: Maybe injuries put him in a spot to get significant carries for a period of time, but same is true of many other RBs. Probably 2nd to last cut from this group.
Alex Pierce: Decent deep threat, maybe stars align for him in the future but doesn't seem likely

30 deep rosters.

bateman, former first rounder. a team change could evevate him to playable.

mooney - 9 target last week.

gainwell - handcuff for swift

johnson - had a td last week

pierce - 3rd year breakout next year.

:shrug:

Can't play/can;t trade/can;t justify dropping:

Michael Thomas
JuJu SS
Zach Ertz
Gabe Davis

I was going to add Terrace Marshall but he very well could have moved to drop territory after this putrid year.

Of the top list, I'd hold Dotson just because I expect the Commanders to look different next year as the regime change continues. He's got elite separation skills and showed well as a rookie. For some reason the present "genius" OC likes to target RBs and 5th string WRs as primary reads on way too many plays. I doubt that is the case next season.

I would cut Toney just on principle. He's cursed. He's bad for your fantasy locker room.
I'm keeping most of them, that's they are roster cloggers for dynasty.

Some guys like Dalvin are exceptions and a few of them are borderline or I'm holding just to see what transpires with off-season coaching and FA moves to see if that alters any values but I took the question of dynasty roster cloggers to mean players I was holding for the future that were not doing me any good today.

Other then Dalvin I'd say Toney is the surest cut and have already cut him in a few leagues.

This year, on an RB needy team in an RB hungry league, it's been the Bears backfield. Should be easy to cut bait in most leagues but I currently have Herbert and Foreman and I hate it. (edit: now reading this is dynasty, but whatever still stands in some ways)

Since I'm in like 13985910735 dynasty leagues I will just look at my "main" / bigger $ league.

Jamaal Williams
Jeudy
Ju-Ju
Chase Young
Krys Barnes
Christian Rozeboom
Mykal Walker
K'Von Wallace

It's a deep 16-teamer so some of these names are "meh" but are in decent positions to produce if the situation was right.

I'm keeping most of them, that's they are roster cloggers for dynasty.

Some guys like Dalvin are exceptions and a few of them are borderline or I'm holding just to see what transpires with off-season coaching and FA moves to see if that alters any values but I took the question of dynasty roster cloggers to mean players I was holding for the future that were not doing me any good today.

Other then Dalvin I'd say Toney is the surest cut and have already cut him in a few leagues.
Dynasty roster cloggers mean guys taking spots and you don’t see much of a future for them, not that they aren’t much use today.

mine:

bateman.wr.bal

mooney.wr.chi

gainwell.rb.phi

juwan johnson.te.no

alex pierce.wr.ind

30 deep rosters.

bateman, former first rounder. a team change could evevate him to playable.

mooney - 9 target last week.

gainwell - handcuff for swift

johnson - had a td last week

pierce - 3rd year breakout next year.

:shrug:
I thought the 3rd year WR breakout thing died like a decade ago? Not saying it's not possible, but it seems like 2nd year is more the norm now.

I thought the 3rd year WR breakout thing died like a decade ago? Not saying it's not possible, but it seems like 2nd year is more the norm now.

Aiyuk (last year, I think) and Nico Collins want a word with this. There are others, but that's just off of the top of my head. Seems like, to use a Matt Waldman analogy, we want to flash fry everything instead of heating it by letting it simmer.

I plan to pitch some low ball offers for Bateman once BAL gets eliminated as long as he doesn't get injured again. Looking forward to what he can do after a healthy offseason. Still just 24.

poor stats and play up to this point , I cant start them. With their draft status , I cant cut them so will hold onto them 1 more year or package them up in a deal
Jameson Williams
Chase Young

Not dynasty, but auction price keeper. I haven't cut Jahan Dotson yet, even though he'd cost $26 to keep next year.

Probably past the point that he'd pop enough to make it worth it, but a month ago, I was holding just in case he had a good late season run followed by an off-season where some combo of EB and/or Samuel are not returning next season.

Aiyuk (last year, I think) and Nico Collins want a word with this. There are others, but that's just off of the top of my head. Seems like, to use a Matt Waldman analogy, we want to flash fry everything instead of heating it by letting it simmer.
Using the listed players, Bateman is finishing his 3rd season without breaking out, Mooney is finishing his 4th without breaking out.

Sure, SOME WRs will breakout in year 3. I thought that generally more will breakout in year 1 or 2 now, in the modern NFL with its passing favorable rules.

Maybe the thought should be to cut bait on guys who get through year 3 without breaking out?

Not dynasty, but auction price keeper. I haven't cut Jahan Dotson yet, even though he'd cost $26 to keep next year.

Probably past the point that he'd pop enough to make it worth it, but a month ago, I was holding just in case he had a good late season run followed by an off-season where some combo of EB and/or Samuel are not returning next season.
Samuel almost definitely out of town with Ron Rivera.

Unsure on EB. He's either the new HC or gone.

Maybe the thought should be to cut bait on guys who get through year 3 without breaking out?
I'll give three years if there are circumstances. An injury, awful QB.

But like a Van Jefferson? Good QB, older vet? I held too long
The bolded is the key word. There is no hard rule. Each situation needs to be weighted based on their own circumstances in the context of your league's parameters. I don't always acquire post hype breakouts cheaply, but those are the types I seek out since they don't require much investment. Doing so results in a lot of roster cloggers (it's a volume approach) I later need to flush out but it also nets assets like Nico, Mostert, Njoku, Purdy (SF), etc. This was taken to an extreme, but there was a point last season I had 14 QB's (deep league + IDP) on my roster :lol:

Here are the guys I’m side eyeing. 50 man rosters
Rb
Akers
Brooks
Evans
Prince
Tucker
Wr
Boutte
Douglas
Ross
Pierce
Juju
Te
Everett

I think rookie cut downs will be a bit easier than normal next year

Mooney is finishing his 4th without breaking out.
What are you expecting for a breakout here? He went over 1,000 in his second season. Which is probably his ceiling. Decent enough, couldn’t even catch the Hail Mary. As a 5th round pick (without reasons for him to drop beyond usual) nobody seems to have expected much more.

Mooney is finishing his 4th without breaking out.
What are you expecting for a breakout here? He went over 1,000 in his second season. Which is probably his ceiling. Decent enough, couldn’t even catch the Hail Mary. As a 5th round pick (without reasons for him to drop beyond usual) nobody seems to have expected much more.
I think the ship has sailed for Mooney - he is what he is. Last year, he inherited the #1 WR role and failed miserably. Poor QB play was a factor, but he’s unlikely to be more than a 2nd/3rd WR for an NFL team and much less than that fantasy wise.

AJ Dillion - finally got a shot to dominate touches - looked awful.
I wouldn't be surprised if they draft either Treyveon Henderson, Trey Benson, or Ray Davis in April.
That would be very kinky.
You got me on that one. Went right over my head.
The billionaire Texas rangers owner?
:pokey:
I probably can't name 5 MLB owners, but I do love my one and only dynasty baseball league.

I plan to pitch some low ball offers for Bateman once BAL gets eliminated as long as he doesn't get injured again. Looking forward to what he can do after a healthy offseason. Still just 24.
I hope you are in my league. I would love a low ball offer to move on from Bateman. I have been trying to include him in every deal I am offering and nobody wants any part of him. He is like an anti-sweetener.

Users who are viewing this thread