What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is Allen Hurns? (2 Viewers)

It's funny I keep hearing people brush this guy off like there's nothing to see here. Yet you hear people say benjamin looks like the real deal and cooks looks amazing. This kid could be a nobody could disappear , but when I see him all preseason he looks like the best rookie wr in this class. He could be a flash in the pan but u better kick the tires on him

http://youtu.be/OanMAfanaXk
I like him but almost all of these highlights are from a 2 minute drive at the end of the half that started with the Jags buried in their own end zone and the Lions playing prevent. Other highlights were against 2nd team D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not buying it. He is fourth on the depth chart and will remain there until Shorts is gone. End of story. There are preseason heros every year who don't amount ot squat during the regular season. Maybe he is different. But the fact that he was passed up 224 times is telling.
While I'm not going to go to bat for Hurns necessarily here, the difference is that most of those guys were playing against third string defenses while Hurns has been playing with the ones.

It's funny I keep hearing people brush this guy off like there's nothing to see here. Yet you hear people say benjamin looks like the real deal and cooks looks amazing. This kid could be a nobody could disappear , but when I see him all preseason he looks like the best rookie wr in this class. He could be a flash in the pan but u better kick the tires on him

I like him but almost all of these highlights are from a 2 minute drive at the end of the half that started with the Jags buried in their own end zone and the Lions playing prevent. Other highlights were against 2nd team D.
I believe Hurns has started every game this preseason. So he has performed against 1's

I believe Hurns has started every game this preseason. So he has performed against 1's
I am just commenting on the highlights from the week 3 Lions game that are linked.

My gut tells me this may be a 1a/1b/1c type of situation. I don't see any of the guys being a target monster. Hurns has been the most impressive WR they have so far. Coaches gotta be noticing it. I'm not overly impressed with Shorts. Hurns appears to have good chemistry with both of the QBs...and that is a positive. He must run good routes if they both look for him. And coaches will appreciate that. Wonder if he's a good downfield blocker?

Like I say he may turn out to be nothing but wouldn't it feel horrible if he turns out to be special and you didn't even dig a lil deeper no homo lol

Who is this kid!! Every week I watch this kid and he keeps making plays. Not only is he makin plays he is doing it vs starters! I don't wanna exaggerate this but this situation has a Anquan Boldin feel to it when he burst into scene his rookie yr. So is this kid just a flash in the pan pre season star or is there something here??
Boldin was a second round pick - he didn't come out of nowhere. The only reason he may have been under the radar a bit was because Arizona also drafted WR Bryant Johnson in round one.
Agreed. This is much more Marques Colston.

Who is this kid!! Every week I watch this kid and he keeps making plays. Not only is he makin plays he is doing it vs starters! I don't wanna exaggerate this but this situation has a Anquan Boldin feel to it when he burst into scene his rookie yr. So is this kid just a flash in the pan pre season star or is there something here??
Boldin was a second round pick - he didn't come out of nowhere. The only reason he may have been under the radar a bit was because Arizona also drafted WR Bryant Johnson in round one.
Yea I can see that comp

More Victor Cruz for me.

Grabbed him and stashed him on my TS in my $1000 salary cap dynasty league.

If he hits, his $5 contract for 5 years will be gold.

This thread is an example of why you subscribe to this website. A few years ago Joe Bryant and a couple of others on this sight were waxing eloquent about an undrafted runningback on Houston's roster that was the "guy you wanted to draft". His name was Arian Foster. I nominated him in my auction league and even the diehard Texans fan in my league immediately asked "who the hell is that?". I got him cheap and had him for several seasons until his contract ran out.

No saying this kid will be anything like that at all, but these little tidbits of info get put in your sleeper/stash file and when one works out, it can really put your team over the top.

Good info here! Never heard of this kid until 5 minutes ago...

This thread is an example of why you subscribe to this website. A few years ago Joe Bryant and a couple of others on this sight were waxing eloquent about an undrafted runningback on Houston's roster that was the "guy you wanted to draft". His name was Arian Foster. I nominated him in my auction league and even the diehard Texans fan in my league immediately asked "who the hell is that?". I got him cheap and had him for several seasons until his contract ran out.

No saying this kid will be anything like that at all, but these little tidbits of info get put in your sleeper/stash file and when one works out, it can really put your team over the top.

I hope you didn't subscribe to read the threads on FBG, because thread viewing is free.

Hurns has played well in the preseason.

Good point dr., but no I subscribe (and have for the last decade or so) to learn (and hopefully share from time to time) good info either in the forums or through the articles, email updates, etc. etc. that you don't get for free. It's just impossible to track all the games and obscure sleepers yourself and keep your job...!

Talk about a non-sequitur

More Victor Cruz for me.
So he's gonna go on the IR his rookie year?

More Victor Cruz for me.
So he's gonna go on the IR his rookie year?
Yes.

It must be EXACTLY the same to be comparable.

:rolleyes:

devouredbychaos said:
Do we think he'll be more valuable than say Jordan Matthews?
I doubt it. Jordan Matthews has had an excellent camp and looks poised to do some good things. I like Hurns but I would trade him in heart beat for Matthews.

What would the perception of Hurns be if he was drafted in the 2 thru 4 round and people had him on their radar before a couple of weeks a ago?

What would the perception of Hurns be if he was drafted in the 2 thru 4 round and people had him on their radar before a couple of weeks a ago?
good question.my guess would be just under Benjamin.
My guess is top 5 with the only players sure to be ahead of him at WR being Watkins and Evans.
It depends on where he was drafted, but I highly doubt it. Draft position is more important than preseason performance to most owners, and there were 5 WRs taken in round 1 and 6 more in round 2. Say he was the 1st WR off the board in round 3, that would make him the 12th WR taken- I don't think he'd move all the way up to 3rd in ff based on a few good preseason games.

So where do you rank him in redraft as compared to:

Stills

Latimer

Hemingway

Marlon Brown

Dobson

Thompkins

Jermaine Kearse

Doug Baldwin

This thread is an example of why you subscribe to this website. A few years ago Joe Bryant and a couple of others on this sight were waxing eloquent about an undrafted runningback on Houston's roster that was the "guy you wanted to draft". His name was Arian Foster.
I hope you didn't subscribe to read the threads on FBG, because thread viewing is free.
yeah, the part you pay for are the e-mails about welker going on pup

This thread is an example of why you subscribe to this website. A few years ago Joe Bryant and a couple of others on this sight were waxing eloquent about an undrafted runningback on Houston's roster that was the "guy you wanted to draft". His name was Arian Foster.
yeah, the part you pay for are the e-mails about welker going on pup
Daily emails are free.

Who is Allen Robinson? Hurns isn't on depth chart....Robinson is.
Preseason depth chart is not that meaningful. It will be updated after this fourth preseason game. Robinson hasn't even seen the field in the NFL. The only thing Robinson has done that Hurns hasn't done better in the NFL so far is get drafted.

Perhaps safe to say he is going to Hurns a starting job?

(Sorry couldn't find the black dot on my phone)

Wanted to bump his thread

Took him as a flier in a 14 team 24roster deep redraft league. Hope he pans out so I can trade him away. Or at least 1 good week so I can show him off.

It is getting to be cut-down day in our dynasty league, and Hurns has me on the horns of a dilemma. I kind of like his situation (Bortles looks to have a bright future, Hurns has an offense he's familiar with, has shown well in preseason) but to keep Hurns I would have to cut Bryce Brown (who has shown flashes in his career, is buried on the depth chart, might have more of a role next year).

My gut says to keep Brown because we've actually seen him do it (at least for a couple of games) in the NFL and his performance is at least *less* dependent on things outside of his control (a QB who can't throw, etc.). The knock on Brown, of course, is that if he were a world-beater he would be a starter somewhere by now. Hurns' strongest argument is that he hasn't really got a chance to show what he can do in the NFL yet, so might be waiting in the weeds to excel...

Both of these guys are currently backups, so I know that we're looking into the crystal ball. Do you guys like Hurns that much to cut a guy like Brown? Just trying to get a gauge of how much you all value Hurns.

I'm just dreading when he scores his first TD and we get Chris Berman and his "come on baby make it Hurns so good."

I didn't watch the 4th preseason game--anybody know how deep Hurns played into the game? Did he come out pretty early?

Users who are viewing this thread