What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is that one guy this year (1 Viewer)

Blackjacks

Footballguy
Not looking for LT or LJ, looking for someone you can get in the 4th or 5th round or later that you think will be excellent value this year.

I for one will be targeting D. Branch and R. Droughens

Hoyce Gracey

Not looking for LT or LJ, looking for someone you can get in the 4th or 5th round or later that you think will be excellent value this year.

way too early for this, but here goes anyway:

QB Jon Kitna - shouldn't be one of the first 15 QBs off the board, but could have some upside. of course, he could crash and burn, or get benched if the Lions take a QB early. but he's a vet i'd love to get as my QB #3

RB Chester Taylor - not sure where he's being drafted right now, but he's the guy Savage wanted last year before the Browns ended up with Droughns (who is also a good value pick) could end up piling up some stats, and isn't really a "name" guy.

WR Antonio Bryant - ugh, 49er? late round guy who could put up points as the #1, and has done well after switching to a bad team before. perfect as a WR #4 for your fantasy team.

I am looking at Jamal Lewis. He is being vastly underrated this year by many folks. I've seen him ranked as the 23-25RB off the board. I know he sucked bad last year, but I might be willing to take a chance if I see and hear the right things.

I am not committing to this, just saying I am watching Jamal closely.

I am looking at Jamal Lewis. He is being vastly underrated this year by many folks. I've seen him ranked as the 23-25RB off the board. I know he sucked bad last year, but I might be willing to take a chance if I see and hear the right things.

:goodposting:

I agree.

Guess who is going to get bid through the roof on FA night in our league on Saturday? He's not going to be cheap....

Willie Parker is hanging out in the 5th round even with the Bus retired. I'd like him at that spot. Jamal Lewis won't last quite that long, but I like him too (and M.Anderson in a much later round). Joe Horn is getting forgotten too - he'll put up numbers this year.

Probably DJax.  Hoping he flies under the radar a little due to playing a partial season.
:confused: He'll be on the field well before the season starts.
I think he means last year for the partial season. His stats could keep him under the radar for some guppies.Others:

Koren Robinson - Similar theory to DJax, but K Rob may be a top 10 WR.

Terry Glenn - TO will be drawing double coverage all year...

Sleepers:

Michael Bennett - Deuce may not run loose at the beginning of season...

Patrick Crayton - Lesser version of Glenn...

Willie Parker is hanging out in the 5th round even with the Bus retired. I'd like him at that spot. Jamal Lewis won't last quite that long, but I like him too (and M.Anderson in a much later round). Joe Horn is getting forgotten too - he'll put up numbers this year.
I think he's going to slide in a lot of leagues, but the Steelers aren't going to bench him. There's some risk if they draft a RB, but I don't see that he loses much after having Bettis take away TD's already.

I'm chomping at the bit here...I just can't give up my guys with SSL1 kicking off in six days.

At TE - LJ Smith or Zach Hilton gets my votes.

RB - I like Droughns as a solid RB2. Dunn can also be had later, but many are scared off Rube due to few TDs last year.

I agree with Troupe and Hilton at TE. Here is another that can be had later with tremendous ROI potential.

Winslow Jr.

Insert all jokes here. I know. I know. Conversely, he comes with a nice price tag and has as much upside as damn near every other TE picked immediately before him. If you prescribe to the idea of taking a TE long after everyone else has burned a 3rd, 4th or 5th round pick on one, then Winslow Jr. is someone worth considering.

You could easily pair him with Hilton, who is also going late, and have a nice upsided pair.

RB - I like Droughns as a solid RB2. Dunn can also be had later, but many are scared off Rube due to few TDs last year.
Totally agreed on Dunn and Droughns. I'd be happy with either as my #2, they might fall far enough to allow a team with a late 1st to walk away with Edge, Fitzgerald, Gonzo and Droughns. Not bad.
I agree with Troupe and Hilton at TE. Here is another that can be had later with tremendous ROI potential.

Winslow Jr.

Insert all jokes here. I know. I know. Conversely, he comes with a nice price tag and has as much upside as damn near every other TE picked immediately before him. If you prescribe to the idea of taking a TE long after everyone else has burned a 3rd, 4th or 5th round pick on one, then Winslow Jr. is someone worth considering.

You could easily pair him with Hilton, who is also going late, and have a nice upsided pair.
I actually agree here. if healthy, he might tear it up.Hilton is a wildcard. I have him in one league, for awhile I was psyched, then started having doubts. What's your projection? (FWIW, I have him paired with Troupe)

Last edited by a moderator:

Totally agreed on Dunn and Droughns. I'd be happy with either as my #2, they might fall far enough to allow a team with a late 1st to walk away with Edge, Fitzgerald, Gonzo and Droughns. Not bad.

Winslow Jr.

I actually agree here. if healthy, he might tear it up.Hilton is a wildcard. I have him in one league, for awhile I was psyched, then started having doubts. What's your projection? (FWIW, I have him paired with Troupe)
I'm doing projections after the draft, but I could see 6-8 TDs, 600-700 yds and 70+ catches for Hilton, off the top of my head.

hate to say it but aaron brooks should be there late and has huge upside.
thought about listing Brooks, but he usually finishes pretty high most years, and anyone throwing to Moss doesn't seem like much of a sleeper.Bledsoe also seems kind of an obvious one throwing to TO and Glenn.

At the moment, Chris Chambers. That may change depending on FILL IN THE BLANK..
Seems like that's the line every year.
Wasn't a line from me. My number one targeted player last year came through for me very well.I think Chambers is the most gifted and talented athlete on an emerging team. I believe in Saban. I think he's a winner and will carry the Dolphins on the force of his will.

Guess who is going to get bid through the roof on FA night in our league on Saturday? He's not going to be cheap....
:o

hate to say it but aaron brooks should be there late and has huge upside.
thought about listing Brooks, but he usually finishes pretty high most years, and anyone throwing to Moss doesn't seem like much of a sleeper.Bledsoe also seems kind of an obvious one throwing to TO and Glenn.
By the time the regular season comes, I don't think he'll be a sleeper at all. Will probably be a top 7 QB drafted.

Cedric Benson....Im not drinking the Koolaid...Im selling it....mixing it, bottling it, boxing it, distributing, pushing......he'll be on every one of my two teams this year.

Probably DJax. Hoping he flies under the radar a little due to playing a partial season.
:confused: He'll be on the field well before the season starts.
I think he means last year for the partial season. His stats could keep him under the radar for some guppies.Others:

Koren Robinson - Similar theory to DJax, but K Rob may be a top 10 WR.

Terry Glenn - TO will be drawing double coverage all year...

Sleepers:

Michael Bennett - Deuce may not run loose at the beginning of season...

Patrick Crayton - Lesser version of Glenn...
I like Koren alot this year also.

Cedric Benson....Im not drinking the Koolaid...Im selling it....mixing it, bottling it, boxing it, distributing, pushing......he'll be on every one of my two teams this year.
:thumbdown:

I know the hype is off the charts and his name is getting a little nauseating, but I want Reggie Bush, depending on ADP. If it's round 1 or early round 2, no. Anywhere after that, I'm taking the plunge.

question....what do Shaun Alexander, Larry Johnson, Willis McGahee, Priest Holmes, Ahman Green and Cedric Benson have in common?.......

question....what do Shaun Alexander, Larry Johnson, Willis McGahee, Priest Holmes, Ahman Green and Cedric Benson have in common?.......
They were all drafted as back ups and then took the job and ran with it...all except Mr. Benson atleast not yet.

Lee Evans - 3rd year WR breakout theory.
#2 WR switching to #1 WR with a bad QB throwing him the ball theory.
Evans has great run after the catch ability and I believe will explode even if the Bills can assemble a meager passing attack (big if, I know). I really like Evans as a WR2 this year and WR1 after that, I think he'll be that good.

Users who are viewing this thread