What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is the #17 best basketball player of all-time? (1 Viewer)

Who is #17

• David Robinson

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • Charles Barkley

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Jerry West

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Elgin Baylor

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Kevin Garnett

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Karl Malone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nikola Jokic

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other (please list)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Frostillicus

Footballguy
1. Michael Jordan (71%)
2. Lebron james (85%).
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (34%).
4. Wilt Chamberlain (31%).
5. Magic Johnson (33%).
6. Larry Bird (44%).
7. Bill Russell (67%).
8. Shaquille O'Neal (31%)
9. Tim Duncan (53%).
10. Hakeem Olajuwon (36%).
11. Kobe Bryant (37%).
12. Oscar Robertson (49%).
13. Stephen Curry (74%).
14. Julius Erving (37%).
15. Moses Malone (38%).
16. Kevin Durant (38%).
17. ???????????? (first to 25 votes wins)

Not sure who to vote this is very tough and I tend to be biased towards people still playing, because if they are already in the discussion they are probably on their way to passing the retired players.

Robinson should have been above Durant.

He was an all-time great Center who's career overlapped with 2 guys who are already in our top 10. He was a better defender than Shaq and on par offensively with Hakeem.

There really isn't a great argument for anyone left over him:
Barkley - no rings and nowhere close defensively
West - never won MVP, only 1 title (late in career with Wilt, couldn't get it done with Baylor)
KG - not better defensively and not as good offensively, only 1 ring on a super team
Baylor - No rings, no MVP's and not as good defensively
Dirk - not even in the same stratosphere defensively
Malone - no rings, not as good defensively, stat compiler and horrible human
Jokic & Giannis - both will probably better eventually, but need a few more great years under their belt

What exactly is the argument for Robinson over KG?

KG had more all-star selections and more all-defense selections. Both have 1 MVP and 1 DPOY. KG had more win shares. Robinson's season averages are a little better because KG played about five years post post prime when Robinson didn't (which is also why his career totals are all higher than Robinson). Robinson has one more All-NBA and while more title while playing with a top 10 all-time player. The KG only won with a super team argument is completely bogus.

KG had more all-star selections and more all-defense selections. Both have 1 MVP and 1 DPOY. KG had more win shares. Robinson's season averages are a little better because KG played about five years post post prime when Robinson didn't (which is also why his career totals are all higher than Robinson). Robinson has one more All-NBA and while more title while playing with a top 10 all-time player. The KG only won with a super team argument is completely bogus.
In Robinson's best season, he averaged 30 ppg, 13 rebounds, 5 assists, and 4.5 blocks
In Garnett's best season, he averaged 24 ppg, 14 rebounds, 6 assists, and 2.2 blocks

In Robinson's best season, he averaged 30 ppg, 13 rebounds, 5 assists, and 4.5 blocks
In Garnett's best season, he averaged 24 ppg, 14 rebounds, 6 assists, and 2.2 blocks

4 and a half blocks per game is insane - 5th most all time

Oh. Fine.

Robinson, Barkley, and later on, Garnett were my favorite players in the league to watch in my youth. It pains me to have to pick among them here.

The KG only won with a super team argument is completely bogus.

You misspelled "accurate" there GB.

So Bill Russell has no legit titles since the Celtics were a super team?
Let me check my post.

Nope, didn't say anything about Russell. Didn't rag on his titles at all. Didn't say anything about KG's title not being legit. My only comment was that KG was on a super team. It had Sam Cassell AND Scot Pollard. Mere mortals can't stop that.

garnett was a major hold me back bro dirtbag so that hurts his prospects from me puts him below guys like nate robinson and marty conlon take that to the bank brohans

Let me check my post.

Nope, didn't say anything about Russell. Didn't rag on his titles at all. Didn't say anything about KG's title not being legit. My only comment was that KG was on a super team. It had Sam Cassell AND Scot Pollard. Mere mortals can't stop that.

Nope you just ***** footed around it.

Let me check my post.

The F*** I did. I was giving my GB Frosty a hard time because he loves KG and I love Dirk. Let's go outside and get some fresh air. I think Bill Russell was a great player. But please, tell me more about what I think.

Let me check my post.

The F*** I did. I was giving my GB Frosty a hard time because he loves KG and I love Dirk. Let's go outside and get some fresh air. I think Bill Russell was a great player. But please, tell me more about what I think.

Someone called Garnett's title fake, Frosty said that is bogus, and then you said he spelled accurate wrong.

Sorry I am not in your favorite 5 like Frosty and didn't see the joke. Maybe take your own advice and lighten up a bit and take a break.

Let me check my post.

Someone called Garnett's title fake, Frosty said that is bogus, and then you said he spelled accurate wrong.

Sorry I am not in your favorite 5 like Frosty and didn't see the joke. Maybe take your own advice and lighten up a bit and take a break.

Hey man, all good, seriously. You have a great weekend. I'm about to order a pizza, open a beer and go back and figure out what other basketball/superteam opinions I have completely wrong and be a better man for it. :hifive:

Let me check my post.

Hey man, all good, seriously. You have a great weekend. I'm about to order a pizza, open a beer and go back and figure out what other basketball/superteam opinions I have completely wrong and be a better man for it. :hifive:

Me too. Been a long week!

Users who are viewing this thread