What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who should I keep? (1 Viewer)

dpackowski

Footballguy
I am in a 16 team Auction league and need to keep 3 players for the upcoming season. Our keepers do not count against our draft salary. It’s 6 pts for TD and 4 pts for passing TD. Bonus 3 points at 100yds rushing/receiving and 300yds for passing.
Bonus pts for 40yd+ TDs. We start 1 QB 1 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 PK 1 TDef. Who should I keep -

Jordan Love
Devon Achane
Mike Evans
Sam LaPorta
Brandon Aiyuk
Joe Mix

Thanks for all your help!

I have a few questions:

1. Can you keep them forever? this could influence whether you should keep Achane/Mixon or Evans/Aiyuk
  2. Do most teams keep QB's? For a 16 team league if 14 QB's are kept and you will need to be choosing between QB15-25 then Love is probably worth keeping. But if 5 QB's are kept then maybe you roll the dice and throw Love back at a chance at someone better while being able to keep another solid player.

Generally with this few keepers my approach is to just keep the best players so go with a draft approach. If these players were on the board which would I take 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. So going that route I rank them this way:
  1. LaPorta - biggest upside and a difference maker
  2. Mixon - I think he has a huge year in Houston. If it's a keep forever then I probably swap in Achane here.
  3. Evans - The big play bonus puts him just a touch above Aiyuk to me. If it's a keep forever then I swap in Aiyuk here.
  4. Achane/Aiyuk - see above
  5. Love - If a ton of QB's are kept then I may have to move him up but being an auction maybe I let him go back in regardless because if all the other teams are good at QB you likely can get him back relatively cheap anyway. Some of this could depend on typical prices of each position in your auction as well. That could be a factor.

I am in a 16 team Auction league and need to keep 3 players for the upcoming season. Our keepers do not count against our draft salary. It’s 6 pts for TD and 4 pts for passing TD. Bonus 3 points at 100yds rushing/receiving and 300yds for passing.
Bonus pts for 40yd+ TDs. We start 1 QB 1 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 PK 1 TDef. Who should I keep -

Jordan Love
Devon Achane
Mike Evans
Sam LaPorta
Brandon Aiyuk
Joe Mix

Thanks for all your help!
Well, LaPorta. Then it gets tough. With the 4pts passing TD's and his medium rushing totals, wouldn't lean towards keeping a QB. But in a 16 team league, you almost need to if even half the teams or more keep 1 QB.

I'm typically fading RB's in most dynasty/keeper leagues, so LaPorta/Aiyuk/Love with Achane ahead of Mixon if you pass on keeping Love.

Jordan Love
Devon Achane
Mike Evans
Sam LaPorta
Brandon Aiyuk
Joe Mix
keeping love instead of mixon is an integrating idea since you might not be able to get better than him and/or the QB landscape will be a disaster but generally speaking QB is the easiest production to replace. I think taking the 3 bolded and drafting a QB would be a good strat.

Users who are viewing this thread