What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who the Heck is Tim Wright? (2 Viewers)

Any clarity on this guy going forward?
Patriots = never a clear situation.He is still on the wire in my league. I'm staying away because I don't want to play the "Who are we featuring in the game plan THIS week" game of roulette that Belichick is known for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the endorsement by the coach along with the steady increase in production very encouraging for Wright. Given how complex the patriots offense is, I'm not surprised it's taking him some time to pick it up. I wouldn't leave him on waivers in any league of 12 or more teams with 25 spots or more dedicated to offensive players. He could have a couple of nice years there.

Any clarity on this guy going forward?
Patriots = never a clear situation.He is still on the wire in my league. I'm staying away because I don't want to play the "Who are we featuring in the game plan THIS week" game of roulette that Belichick is known for.
I don't really think that is true. I know the RB situation has been murky the last few years but if Ridley could hold onto the ball, I think it would a lot less murky.

Rotoworld:

Tim Wright had a one-yard touchdown catch in Sunday's Week 6 win over Buffalo.

It was his only target of the game. The Patriots are playing more two tight end sets, but Wright continues to lose snaps to Michael Hoomanawanui. Despite touchdowns in consecutive games, his role in the offense is still a concern. Wright will be a boom-or-bust TE2 in Week 7 against the Jets.

Oct 12 - 6:17 PM

Rotoworld:

Tim Wright played on just 16-of-74 snaps in Sunday's win at Buffalo.

We were hoping Wright had earned more playing time with his 5-85-1 performance in Week 5, but it didn't happen. He saw just one target Sunday, luckily turning it into a 1-yard touchdown to salvage the day for streamers. But until his role in the offense grows, Wright will be a TE2 only. He's played on just 53-of-212 snaps (25.0 percent) over the last three weeks.

Source: ESPN Boston

Oct 13 - 10:48 AM

TIGHT END

Rob Gronkowski -- 58 of 74

Michael Hoomanawanui -- 40 of 74

Tim Wright -- 16 of 74

Quick-hit thoughts: Gronkowski was part of every package except a 2 WR/1 TE/1 FB/1 RB grouping as the Patriots are picking spots to give him a breather. ... Of Wright's 16 snaps, 12 came in the first half. One theory as to why his snaps weren't higher (he had 19 last week) is that the Bills were matching him in the 2-TE package with nickel personnel and the Patriots might have preferred to throw against the Bills' base personnel.
WIDE RECEIVER

Julian Edelman -- 65 of 74

Brandon LaFell -- 53 of 74

Danny Amendola -- 24 of 74

Aaron Dobson -- 11 of 74

Brian Tyms -- 8 of 74
~ mike reiss

Thoughts on him for this week? Anyone think he sees more snaps? I was hoping to use him but kind of hard to justify a start with such little usage

Am I the only one in the universe that is planning on starting him tomorrow? Is anyone else doing this?
Started him last week in a dyno league with Kelce and Graham on bye.

This week im starting him over Daniels in a redraft.

Am I the only one in the universe that is planning on starting him tomorrow? Is anyone else doing this?
Started him last week in a dyno league with Kelce and Graham on bye.This week im starting him over Daniels in a redraft.
I had a feeling you would be starting him
Just to clarify, not a homer decision.

In a start two TE redraft, Graham is hurt, so I have to start 2 of Thomas, Daniels or Wright.

Daniels never took over where Pitta left off whereas Wright has looked great and brings a lot to the offense. I didn't expect him to be very active last week, but he still managed to produce on his one target. I expect his usage to go up.

Started him last week in a dyno league with Kelce and Graham on bye.This week im starting him over Daniels in a redraft.
I had a feeling you would be starting him
Just to clarify, not a homer decision.

In a start two TE redraft, Graham is hurt, so I have to start 2 of Thomas, Daniels or Wright.

Daniels never took over where Pitta left off whereas Wright has looked great and brings a lot to the offense. I didn't expect him to be very active last week, but he still managed to produce on his one target. I expect his usage to go up.
I see some thunderstorms may be going down tomorrow night. Wonder how that may change things

Rotoworld:

Tim Wright wasn't targeted in the Patriots' Week 7 win over the Jets.

The zero-target effort was Wright's third in seven games as a Patriot. The doughnut comes as a bit of a surprise, as according to Pro Football Focus' Nathan Jahnke, Wright played his most snaps of the season. Either way, it serves to further illustrate that Wright is nothing more than a desperation TE2 who could give you a 0.0 any given week.

Oct 17 - 12:18 AM

TIGHT ENDS

Rob Gronkowski -- 55 of 60

Tim Wright -- 20 of 60

Michael Hoomanawanui -- 16 of 60

Quick-hit thoughts: Gronkowski continues to round into form, as he's getting a few plays off from time to time in the 2-WR/1-TE/1-FB/1-RB grouping. He actually didn't start the game, but only was off the field for four other plays. ... Wright played 13 of his 20 snaps in the second half, which seemed to be an adjustment of sorts, with the team tapping a 2-TE package with him and Gronkowski for the first seven plays of their opening drive of the third quarter.
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

Rotoworld:

Tim Wright caught 7-of-7 targets for 61 yards and a touchdown in New England's Week 8 rout of the Bears.

The catches and targets were new season highs, while the touchdown was Wright's third in four games. All encouraging developments, but Wright's usage remains far too inconsistent to lean on him as a TE1. At best, Wright is a tournament dart throw in daily leagues.

Oct 26 - 6:25 PM

Started him with confidence with Cameron out. Thought it was all hands on deck this week. Wright and Tyms were decoys apparently.

Rotoworld:

Tim Wright - TE - Patriots

Tim Wright wasn't targeted in New England's Week 9 win over the Broncos.

Just another week on the Wright roller-coaster. Wright is obviously capable of big games, but he's just as capable of doughnuts. He can't be relied on in re-draft leagues, and is a hail-mary option in daily formats.

Nov 2 - 8:50 PM

I think he's in a wrong team to be fantasy relevant. Patriots is winning with out him, so need to use him. When the playoffs come, he will be used if needed.

Got him in one of my lineups this week so expecting a goose egg. (I have had the worst season with the TE position...Jordan Reed, Rudalph, Jordan Cameron...)

Rotoworld:

Patriots TE Tim Wright caught 5-of-6 targets for 36 yards and two touchdowns in Sunday's Week 12 win over Detroit.

Essentially a tight end-wideout tweener, Wright got a major uptick in snaps as the Patriots transitioned to more of a spread offense to attack Detroit. Wright gave New England an early 7-3 lead on a four-yard touchdown catch. Wright put the Pats ahead for good on an eight-yard second-quarter score. So long as Wright is playing a lot of downs, he will be on the TE1 radar going forward. The Patriots travel to Lambeau to face the red-hot Packers next.

Nov 23 - 4:40 PM

He's the guy with the invisible cloak. I don't think I've ever seen a guy so consistently wide open in the end zone. It's unbelievable.

Hopefully this wasnt just a game plan thing and he stays involved going forward...

Hopefully this wasnt just a game plan thing and he stays involved going forward...
well, I'd say he pretty much got cam fleming's snaps, if you compare to the indy game

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- A look at snaps played by New England Patriots offensive skill-position players in Sunday's win over the Detroit Lions (including penalties):

TIGHT END

Rob Gronkowski -- 79 of 81

Tim Wright -- 61 of 81

Michael Hoomanawanui -- 15 of 81

Quick-hit thoughts: Wright's 61 smashed his previous high of 21, which came twice (against Miami and Chicago). Wright was a bigger part of the plan as the Patriots trended to the pass out of their 2-WR/2-TE/1-RB grouping with Gronkowski and Wright as the tight ends. ... The only two snaps that Gronkowski didn't play came on the second drive of the third quarter, with the Patriots using a 3-WR/1-FB/1-RB grouping and a 3-WR/1-TE/1-RB grouping with Hoomanawanui. ... The 15 snaps for Hoomanawanui were one shy of a season low (14, at Kansas City) as he has averaged 32 snaps per game up to this point.WIDE RECEIVER

Brandon LaFell -- 72 of 81

Julian Edelman -- 67 of 81

Danny Amendola -- 15 of 81

Brian Tyms -- 6 of 81

Quick-hit thoughts: The 15 snaps for Amendola were a season-low (previous low was 19, against Minnesota), as the Patriots mostly played out of their 2-WR/2-TE/1-RB grouping with LaFell and Edelman the top options at receiver. Amendola had been averaging 31 snaps per game up to this point. ... Five of Tyms' six snaps came in the third quarter after an incomplete deep pass down the middle of the field to LaFell, who retreated to the sideline for a breather.

FULLBACK

James Develin -- 9 of 81

Quick-hit thoughts: Not a big fullback game, as Develin didn't play on offense in the first half and had eight of his nine snaps on the final drive.
thx, mike reiss!!

Users who are viewing this thread