What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will be the hot week 1 add? (3 Viewers)

I guess I’ll go with James White. I could see a lot of screens trying to use Miami’s aggressive game plan rushing rookie Jones against them. Could see White motioning out wide trying to get isolation on a line backer. These are things not on game film from last season that will be employed more this season given Jones can diagnose and call audibles pre snap. 

I think he’s going to be fool’s gold. He’ll have some good games here and there, but Hopkins is going to be force fed and have to figure Moore will get increasingly involved.
Kirk last year was TD or bust due to his low target totals.  He had a great 4-6 game streak in the middle of the year where he scored a TD each game but after that he was totally useless and unstartable 

Isn't Hilton only out for a few weeks? That adds another guy into the mix (meaning there may not be a clear WR1 this year). The last 3 seasons in PHI Wentz did not target a WR 100 times in any of those season.

and the winner was ...

Zach Pascal    4 catch  43 yards   2 TD'd

is he really the #1 in INDY ? 

and the winner was ...

The TDs are nice but not sure that's a #1 line. I guess he's it for now but it looked like the RBs were the biggest targets for Wentz. 

and the winner was ...

No, I doubt it.  Pittman is their best WR.  Campbell opens things up for underneath stuff for Doyle/Cox/Taylor/Hines.  

Pascal is reliable, but not the #1.

and the winner was ...

Agree with the others - that may be a case of chasing week 1 numbers. Still think Pittman will emerge here even if he didn't show it this week.

I think Pittman will too ... but I've been wrong in the past with whom new QB's (on new teams) gel with ...
agreed, I am a colts fan and it seems that their Wr3 will have a big game every so often, but when you go to pick them up they go radio silent for awhile.  

I think he’s going to be fool’s gold. He’ll have some good games here and there, but Hopkins is going to be force fed and have to figure Moore will get increasingly involved.
He’ll be one of the big pick ups and then go 2/16 next week.

This looks to be a very boring waiver week.

what’s scary is my benches are paper thin. It seems all benches are thin in my 12 team leagues. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't push myself to get Zack Pascal. Every year his name is in there....as a waiver pick up....that's what he does....one good week once in a while. He's the perfect example of a good NFL WR, useful in real life games, the type of guy who is solid but in terms of FFL, he can't be trusted...been many years now. up and downs. One good game then he disappears for a few games, then back...then gone...etc....I just don't see how you can trust the game in your line up on any given week unless you are desperate. and if you are desperate after week 1, man it's gonna be a long season.

I can't push myself to get Zack Pascal. Every year his name is in there....as a waiver pick up....that's what he does....one good week once in a while. He's the perfect example of a good NFL WR, useful in real life games, the type of guy who is solid but in terms of FFL, he can't be trusted...been many years now. up and downs. One good game then he disappears for a few games, then back...then gone...etc....I just don't see how you can trust the game in your line up on any given week unless you are desperate. and if you are desperate after week 1, man it's gonna be a long season.

Both Pascal and Pittman had low utilization so I’d avoid. 97% & 91% snap count, 4 + 5 targets. 

If he wasn’t drafted in your league I think Gainwell is a nice add, appears to be ahead of Scott. 25 snaps and 12 touches+targets, good week to stash him.

9-37-1, caught 2 of 3 targets, all the two-minute drill snaps, and had an impressive receiving TD wiped out by ineligible downfield.

This year there doesn't seem to be too many options like there normally is. Gainwell peaks my interest a bit if the price is right. 

Any interest in options from injuries? Juedy/Gallup/Mostert

This year there doesn't seem to be too many options like there normally is. Gainwell peaks my interest a bit if the price is right. 

Any interest in options from injuries? Juedy/Gallup/Mostert
I forgot about the Jeudy injury.

Tim Patrick and KJ Hamler for sure.

If he wasn’t drafted in your league I think Gainwell is a nice add ...

9-37-1, caught 2 of 3 targets, all the two-minute drill snaps, and had an impressive receiving TD wiped out by ineligible downfield.
Thanks for that -- I didn't realize Gainwell almost had two scores.

Juwan Johnson seems interesting, but with Trautman also there (and who also got more targets),  not sure there will be any consistency.
The door is open for Juwan Johnson. Whether he walks through it or not is the question.

Yesterday's TDs for Juwan were kind of flukey game-script-wise ... but they were legit catches that will help foster trust from Winston. Meanwhile, Trautman had two WTF drops on perfectly-placed right-in-the-hands beauties in the third quarter.

All that said ... the N.O. offense right now is not likely to produce another Jimmy Graham. Juwan Johnson settling in as a low-end fantasy TE1 would be a major success.

The door is open for Juwan Johnson. Whether he walks through it or not is the question.

Yesterday's TDs for Juwan were kind of flukey game-script-wise ... but they were legit catches that will help foster trust from Winston. Meanwhile, Trautman had two WTF drops on perfectly-placed right-in-the-hands beauties in the third quarter.

All that said ... the N.O. offense right now is not likely to produce another Jimmy Graham. Juwan Johnson settling in as a low-end fantasy TE1 would be a major success.
Thanks for the local intel. Yeah, I guess we all have to get used to the fact that these are not the Brees Saints any more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread