What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will be this year’s 2022 Broncos? (1 Viewer)

But what if Purdy is still injured/turns back into a pumpkin?
Just to keep it real here, Purdy was never a Pumpkin. He came out and won 7 straight games with a 107 average QBR.
Cindarella contributed 10.7 WAR as a scullery maid. But she was still Ms. Irrelevant
His draft stock is irrelevant in the context at hand.

@ignatiusjreilly Agree with you on Purdy.
You didn’t have to quote me on that. It feels deliberately hurtful. ;)

Last edited:
But what if Purdy is still injured/turns back into a pumpkin?
Just to keep it real here, Purdy was never a Pumpkin. He came out and won 7 straight games with a 107 average QBR.
Cindarella contributed 10.7 WAR as a scullery maid. But she was still Ms. Irrelevant
His draft stock is irrelevant in the context at hand.

@ignatiusjreilly Agree with you on Purdy.
You didn’t have to quote me on that. It feels deliberately hurtful.

Sorry, just the last post in the thread. Wasn't intentional or anything.

1 team I'm shocked nobody has mentioned is New Orleans. What if Derek Carr is who he was last year? What if Jon Gruden really did get the best out of him? NO has a declining Kamara (in my opinion) who knows what Thomas has left, and while I do like his prospects, Olave is still a bit of an unknown. The OL is a far cry from what it once was (its secretly one of the worst in the NFL, in my opinion) and they have declined as a team every year since Brees retired. I know its a weak division, but why is NO gonna be the one that steps up, and not say Atlanta?
New Orleans being favored or picked to win the NFCS is more to do with it being a bad division that just lost Brady. 2023 Saints definitely do not have the hype that 2022 Denver was getting. I do think you're pretty spot on with your expectations though (and I'm a Saints fan). I've been saying all offseason that Carr is a higher volume, but not a better QB than Dalton, Olave is a young stud it appears but he can't carry the whole passing game. Can't count on getting anything out of Thomas, and just like you said this OLine is bottom of the league bad. And the entire offense loses all rhythm everytime they throw Taysom in mix, which by all indications will continue this year. Payton signed/traded for all these former Saints, why couldn't he take his toy as one of them :mad:

I do expect NO to have a shot at a wide open division, but so do Atlanta and Carolina if their QBs come along faster than expected. Beyond that (playoffs) my expectations for New Orleans are zip zilch nada.

I do expect NO to have a shot at a wide open division, but so do Atlanta and Carolina if their QBs come along faster than expected. Beyond that (playoffs) my expectations for New Orleans are zip zilch nada.
Anything goes in the NFC South this year. Collectively, the division went a combined 17-27 in non-divisional games (playing the NFC West and AFC Central). This season, the non-divisional games are against the NFC North and AFC South . . . so probably a little easier schedule than last year. It's possible one of the teams could win 4 games in the division and go 4-7 in their other games and take the division with only 8 wins. That's probably a bit unlikely, as I think one of the teams will emerge and be better than we think as of right now (maybe getting to 10 wins).

Not necessarily a team adding a HOF qb(Jets), but an offense that looks good on paper that will sh*t the bed.

I’m thinking the Chiefs- while they won’t be as dismal as last years Broncos, they are only one key player injury away from disaster on offense.
Chiefs don't look good on paper. They look good on the field.
Mahomes has become like Peyton Manning. Manning had some garbage teams but he just figured it out.…Mahomes just makes everyone better.
Mahomes hasn’t turned a bum into Julius Thomas or Eric Decker yet

I don't know if the Jets will falter, but there is no shortage of people willing to take the cheese and drink the Kool Aid on them heading into the season.

Nothing like the favorites to win the AL East, the 10-7 (assuredly) Patriots.

:lmao:

Patriots homers in here all hating. I love it. massraider (who loves contrarianism), some guy named Landsdowne (hmmm. . .) and Anarchy99, all coming in to predict their downfall.

Here's a hint, fellas. They have the best defense aside from San Fran and Philly in the game. Who else? Name who. Nobody in the AFC even compares to the Jets on defense. Don't give me the Patriots. That game where one ST touchdown was scored? You guys started your current QB. We now start a first-ballot HOF guy.

Good luck, Patriots Pollyannas. You guys stink and I love it!

I don't know if the Jets will falter, but there is no shortage of people willing to take the cheese and drink the Kool Aid on them heading into the season.

Nothing like the favorites to win the AL East, the 10-7 (assuredly) Patriots.

:lmao:

Patriots homers in here all hating. I love it. massraider (who loves contrarianism), some guy named Landsdowne (hmmm. . .) and Anarchy99, all coming in to predict their downfall.

Here's a hint, fellas. They have the best defense aside from San Fran and Philly in the game. Who else? Name who. Nobody in the AFC even compares to the Jets on defense. Don't give me the Patriots. That game where one ST touchdown was scored? You guys started your current QB. We now start a first-ballot HOF guy.

Good luck, Patriots Pollyannas. You guys stink and I love it!
It was a long, agonizing wait for the fall of the Patriots. I understand your frustration. I’ll even pardon your mention of the AL East (which, if you also happen to be a Yankees fan, you’ll surely appreciate the fall from grace of a former dynasty). Congrats on the HOF QB, hopefully he turns out better than the last one you got from Green Bay.

In all seriousness, you have a right to be excited. Don’t take any of these predictions personally. Enjoy the season. (y)

People were ever up on Baltimore?

Lol @ trotting out the "feared" 4-headed RB monster for the 8th straight year that always ends up injured somewhere along the way and underperforms anyway. That on top of no relevant WRs.

Tired of the annual Raven hype.

The Jets were the first team to come to mind. Offseason champions with newly acquired future HOF QB in tow. Even has Nathaniel Hackett!
Putrid OL to boot…. Duane Brown is going to be a turnstile
Brown was very good last year and played through a torn shoulder. Sure he’s old but there’s no basis for that statement.
El Matador is going to give up a career ending sack
🔮 🤔
The Jets were the first team to come to mind. Offseason champions with newly acquired future HOF QB in tow. Even has Nathaniel Hackett!
Brown was very good last year and played through a torn shoulder. Sure he’s old but there’s no basis for that statement.
🔮

🔮 🤔
🔮
Wow.

🔮 🤔
🔮
Holy crap, I had to go back and look and it was indeed Duane Brown who failed to block Leonard Floyd and which led to the possible career-ending injury for Aaron Rodgers. Unreal.

Users who are viewing this thread