What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why is everyone freaking out? (2 Viewers)

ponchsox

Footballguy
I can't remember a week one with so much panic. Ridley, Wilson, Dez, etc. The "oh my God, the sky is falling" and I'm 0-1. Everything is magnified because it was the first week. Had this been week 6, it wouldn't have been a big deal. One week is an anomaly, three or four weeks is a trend.

Take a chill pill and relax. The studs will be studs. Don't panic and drop someone of value or make a panicky trade.

People invested so must time in their draft and now it all looks like crap. Week two people usually feel a little better.

I can't remember a week one with so much panic. Ridley, Wilson, Dez, etc. The "oh my God, the sky is falling" and I'm 0-1. Everything is magnified because it was the first week. Had this been week 6, it wouldn't have been a big deal. One week is an anomaly, three or four weeks is a trend.

Take a chill pill and relax. The studs will be studs. Don't panic and drop someone of value or make a panicky trade.
:goodposting:

people need to chill the F out.

In the 8 months since their championship games, everyone forgets what it's like to play fantasy football.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the panic, helped me already cash in and get Ridley in one league before the Vereen injury was released.

Why are you complaining, I love it when people freak out because you can get some amazing talent through trades with panicking owners.

I want to see the thread that says "Not only am I above all the people that are panicking, but I'm above the people complaining about the people that are panicking.

It's week 1, dude.

Enjoy your first season of fantasy football.

Week 1 or not, this was a pretty strange week. When you look at all the studs drafted in the first few rounds who sucked or got benched, it's really pretty amazing.

Spiller

Lynch

Calvin

Trent

Dez

Chris Johnson

Ridley

MJD

David Wilson

Roddy

Lamar Miller

And that's just guys drafted in the first few rounds. If this happened in week 6, I don't think people would just be shrugging it off. It was a weird week. I agree we shouldn't "panic," but making smart moves based upon what we saw week 1 is definitely in order.

Week 1 or not, this was a pretty strange week. When you look at all the studs drafted in the first few rounds who sucked or got benched, it's really pretty amazing.

Spiller

Lynch

Calvin

Trent

Dez

Chris Johnson

Ridley

MJD

David Wilson

Roddy

Lamar Miller

And that's just guys drafted in the first few rounds. If this happened in week 6, I don't think people would just be shrugging it off. It was a weird week. I agree we shouldn't "panic," but making smart moves based upon what we saw week 1 is definitely in order.
rly?

Half the owners in FF are losers right now. Half are winners. Losers whine louder than winners. Don't be a loser. :topcat:

Half the owners in FF are losers right now. Half are winners. Losers whine louder than winners. Don't be a loser. :topcat:
My week one record all time is terrible, yet I make the playoffs more often then not. If you start 0-4, then you're worries are justified.

Spiller

Lynch

Calvin

Trent

Dez

Chris Johnson

Ridley

MJD

David Wilson

Roddy

Lamar Miller

rly?
He had an ADP of 45 :shrug: That seems high enough to put him on this list.

Take him off if you want. It really doesn't change the list much one way or the other.

I seriously don't know if I should start Julius Thomas, Jared Cook and Jimmy Graham; I'm legitimately upset about this. :rant:

I think the problem is the league is so pass heavy now it has people freaking out because there is still that thought that RBs are must have in the 1st round.

Not counting tonights game there was ( according to espn in the stats section )

1 RB with 100+ rushing yards ( Vereen, 101 )17 players with 100+ receiving yards17 QBs with 250+ passing yards36.7 was the average number of pass attempts15.7 was the average number of rushing attempts ( of those with 10 or more attempts )I don't like how Goodell and them are turning this league into basically an arena league. That is a 70/30 pass/run split

Users who are viewing this thread