What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why no love for TE Scheffler? (1 Viewer)

sentr

Footballguy
Outside of the top 5-6 TE's this year he seems as good a bet as any to put up solid #'s and can be had VERY late in all mocks I've done this year. Am I missing something? Orton effect?

Outside of the top 5-6 TE's this year he seems as good a bet as any to put up solid #'s and can be had VERY late in all mocks I've done this year. Am I missing something? Orton effect?
How did TE's do in the system McDaniels is bringing over?

How did TE's do in the system McDaniels is bringing over?
I don't have the #'s at hand (maybe someone else does) but it seems that there were TE TD's spread around amongst several different players at that position in NE. McDaniel has already said that Scheffler is the best catching TE he has ever worked with- he is head and shoulders better than the cast in NE and offers a security blanket to Orton. Orton's ability to go through his reads is much more limited than Brady so it stands to reason that he may go with the play call in the redzone more often than not. His fear and limited ability tell me that he may lean on the security blanket more than Brady would have to....Additionally, the other targets in NE were better and brighter options than the Broncos have this year. He should be in line for about the same yards from last year, maybe a slight dip, but his TD's should improve? Just seems that he has at least as much value as the other TE's being drafted several rounds sooner.

From the email today:

Footballguys Daily EmailDEN - TE Tony Scheffler becoming QB Kyle Orton's favorite target

Source: Lindsay H. Jones - Denver Post

The Denver Post is reporting that with Brandon Marshall out of the wide receiver rotation for three practices over the past two days, Tony Scheffler emerged as one of the favorite targets of quarterback Kyle Orton.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

When head coach Josh McDaniels first arrived in Denver some wondered if he would use TE Tony Scheffler enough in his offense. It became clear early in camp that the young coach indeed did have a big role for the talented tight end. Orton and Scheffler have developed a great chemistry in their short time together, and fantasy owners could pick up Scheffler as a TE2 with TE1 upside.
Does anyone believe this? It sure didn't show in the last game. The TEs, as a whole, got 1 target. Anyone in Denver have a view on this?

To me, the important part of the news blurb is "with Brandon Marshall out of the wide receiver rotation" ..... I think Scheffler will be ok, but I would hold off optimism until we see the outcome of the Marshall saga

I keep going back and forth on Sheffler this year...I agree that we need to see what tonights game and next weeks game looks like for TE targets. Right now I'm not too optimistic...

From the email today:

Footballguys Daily EmailDEN - TE Tony Scheffler becoming QB Kyle Orton's favorite target

Source: Lindsay H. Jones - Denver Post

The Denver Post is reporting that with Brandon Marshall out of the wide receiver rotation for three practices over the past two days, Tony Scheffler emerged as one of the favorite targets of quarterback Kyle Orton.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

When head coach Josh McDaniels first arrived in Denver some wondered if he would use TE Tony Scheffler enough in his offense. It became clear early in camp that the young coach indeed did have a big role for the talented tight end. Orton and Scheffler have developed a great chemistry in their short time together, and fantasy owners could pick up Scheffler as a TE2 with TE1 upside.
Does anyone believe this? It sure didn't show in the last game. The TEs, as a whole, got 1 target. Anyone in Denver have a view on this?
The email confirms kinda' what I was thinking......

Scheffler was a serviceable TE for me at most back in 07 when he had some chemistry with Cutler, but even then he wasn't a true TE1 in my eyes. And that was before Eddie Royal came along. I could be wrong, but I doubt McDaniels or Orton is going to turn him into a TE1. I think he could be an alright #2/bye-week plug.

He's dropped off my radar. He seemed to have some chemistry with Cutler, but it never really went beyond what "could" be. IMHO, he's a middle of the road TE that'll help you with bye weeks, but that's about it.

To me, the important part of the news blurb is "with Brandon Marshall out of the wide receiver rotation" ..... I think Scheffler will be ok, but I would hold off optimism until we see the outcome of the Marshall saga
Well said. The whole Marshall situation is getting worse, and just how value other Denver recievers & guys like Scheffler is becoming very difficult at best. It's clear that Scheffler and Orton are really starting to click though, so... Tonight's game will be interesting to say the least as the soap opera back in Colorado with Marshall continues to simmer.

Users who are viewing this thread