What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why the Democrats are in trouble (for 2022 and perhaps beyond that) (1 Viewer)

John123 said:
I think this is spot on.  Trump also didn't do himself any favors with his constant negative tweets and constant insults. 
I think this is part of the equation that needs to be brought up more.    Harder to not take shots when he is providing most of the material himself.   I also like to focus more on what people say or do, not what they can't control.   A decent portion of the shots on Biden are on those lines - senile, farts, poops, whatever.   Yup, most of us will be there too.  

I think this is part of the equation that needs to be brought up more.    Harder to not take shots when he is providing most of the material himself.   I also like to focus more on what people say or do, not what they can't control.   A decent portion of the shots on Biden are on those lines - senile, farts, poops, whatever.   Yup, most of us will be there too.  

I've never heard a poop or fart shot taken at Biden.  Senility/mental decline should be fair game considering he has the nuke codes.

I've never heard a poop or fart shot taken at Biden.  Senility/mental decline should be fair game considering he has the nuke codes.
I think it's important to talk about and maybe brainstorm how we get out of the rut of having such old candidates on the ballots.  In that sense I'd agree with you.   Not so much in the form of taking shots or making jokes about said mental decline.  

I think one of the differences is that you can state plain facts about Trump and they are taken as insults.   I got banned for stating that Trump looked directly into a solar eclipse and referred to unprotected sex in the 70s as his "personal Vietnam".   About the only thing I can think  of like that with Biden is that his son is a crackhead.  

I think one of the differences is that you can state plain facts about Trump and they are taken as insults.   I got banned for stating that Trump looked directly into a solar eclipse and referred to unprotected sex in the 70s as his "personal Vietnam".   

We think one of the differences is people often conveniently don't remember why they were suspended.

Your account was suspended earlier for posting: 

These people should realize that the class of white trash they are is half a step above the ni__ers they detest in the eyes and ranks of the privileged.

Dropping a couple of letters doesn't mean you can still post a word like that.

When you post things like that, you lose some benefit of the doubt going forward. 

Drop the moderating whine and move on. 

We think one of the differences is people often conveniently don't remember why they were suspended.

When you post things like that, you lose some benefit of the doubt going forward. 

i even find that the phrase “white trash” is backhandedly racist against non-whites.

That was a different example than what I was referring to.   My quote was almost word for word what I said.  I think you owe me an apology.  

cockroach said:
https://ibb.co/G2TN4GK

That's the post I was referring to.  Pretty sure you knew which one I meant.    Funny how what I said isn't acceptable within context, but is fine for you to post in an effort to embarrass me.  

The hypocrisy 🙄
You think "raw dog" is acceptable in this G rated forum?  Of course you dont, that's why you didnt say it that way when you first started complaining about it. 

On The Trail: Retirements offer window into House Democratic mood

House Democrats facing an uphill fight to retain control of the lower chamber are finding their mission all the more imperiled by a wave of incumbents who have opted against seeking another term in Congress later this year, a troubling sign of pessimism from those who see an unappealing life in the minority ahead.

Rep. Ed Perlmutter (D-Colo.) this week became the 26th House Democrat to say he will not seek a new term in office this year. He is the 18th member to say he will quit politics outright, while another eight are running for another office.

Already, more Democrats have called it quits this year than in any cycle since 1996, when 29 members newly in the minority decided not to run again. The same number of Democrats, 29, retired in 1994, the year Republicans reclaimed control of Congress for the first time in four decades.
I'm generally curious what the dems are going to run on this season?  They don't have much to hang their hats on.  

I do think they will switch to covid narrative 2.0 to get the numbers down and say we beat it.  

I'm generally curious what the dems are going to run on this season?  They don't have much to hang their hats on.  

I do think they will switch to covid narrative 2.0 to get the numbers down and say we beat it.  
I think it is very obvious…it will be 1/6 and the narrative that the Republicans will destroy democracy.

I think it is very obvious…it will be 1/6 and the narrative that the Republicans will destroy democracy.
I agree.  And to counter this, the Republican's should not bring up Trump's name during their campaign.  Trump's name is good for the primaries, but bad for the general election.

I agree.  And to counter this, the Republican's should not bring up Trump's name during their campaign.  Trump's name is good for the primaries, but bad for the general election.
Don’t totally agree…as Virginia showed Trump can be involved and effective but it needs to be in a secondary manner…now Trump’s personality being able to consistently do that is another story.

Don’t totally agree…as Virginia showed Trump can be involved and effective but it needs to be in a secondary manner…now Trump’s personality being able to consistently do that is another story.
I think in most toss-up states, it would be better for the R candidate to remain silent regarding Trump.  The D's will try to bring him up at every opportunity.   Trump mobilizes the other side like no one else does.

I think in most toss-up states, it would be better for the R candidate to remain silent regarding Trump.  The D's will try to bring him up at every opportunity.   Trump mobilizes the other side like no one else does.
Virginia was not a toss-up state…it leans left…as I said the key is to be in the background energizing the base without becoming the story which the dems tried to do in Virginia and failed.

I think the Dems could get away running a "not Trump" strategy in 2020.  We have seen over the last year that isn't a sustainable winning strategy.  They need to have something to show for these last two years of "Not Trump" and right now people aren't better off. 

Users who are viewing this thread