What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why would anyone need an assault rifle? (1 Viewer)

Assault Rifles

• Total voters
Does your family and friends know your feelings about weapons of mass murder? If so, are they ashamed and embarrassed of you? Maybe you're only expressing your position via the anonymity of a message board. 
You keep discussing this here and then complain when I respond. 

My friends and family are entitled to there own opinion. To respect that. But if venture to guess my dad, one brother, and both my son's would agree. One brother, my sister and my daughter would disagree. 

My wife would say she doesn't care and that she doesn't understand why someone would want to kill somebody whether it was a gun, a car or a knife.

She would agree with me about the drunk driving laws.

No reasonably intelligent adult compares a premeditated mass murder to drunk driving. It really is crazy in a very sad way. 
Vegas, Sandy Hook, Columbine... apparently assault rifles are more important than all those people that died.
Assault rifles are not more important than all those people. But when I ask whether alcohol is more important than all the people that died, you tell me it's a stupid example. 

Is it fair of me to say you don't think those lives aren't  important? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Assault rifles are not more important than all those people. But when I ask whether alcohol is more important than all the people that died, you tell me it's a stupid example. 

I and others have said we support harsher penalties for drunk driving. So will you support tighter laws on gun ownership? If not please stop acting like a troll. 

It's a stupid example because no one is arguing against restrictions on alcohol sales, restrictions on use of alcohol or even restrictions on types of alcohol sold. People also aren't arguing against banning alcohol inhalation devices meant to use alcohol in a completely foolish and dangerous way, and if a company sells such devices no one would argue that they should be insulated from litigation for intentionally marketing and selling a product that was obviously going to kill people. 

I and others have said we support harsher penalties for drunk driving. So will you support tighter laws on gun ownership? If not please stop acting like a troll. 
I've posted multiple times over the years that I support tougher gun laws, including banning all guns if it meant that I was guaranteed there would be no more gun violence. But, this thread started prior to the latest shooting and I still believe that it has nothing to do with need. It has to do with freedom. We give up freedoms all the time for the sake of saving lives. But i expect a tradeoff when law abiding people give up something because of a small percentage of criminals. This is why I used the alcohol comparison. 

It's a stupid example because no one is arguing against restrictions on alcohol sales, restrictions on use of alcohol or even restrictions on types of alcohol sold. People also aren't arguing against banning alcohol inhalation devices meant to use alcohol in a completely foolish and dangerous way, and if a company sells such devices no one would argue that they should be insulated from litigation for intentionally marketing and selling a product that was obviously going to kill people. 
Agree. But people can't see that not all assault rifles are used to commit mass shootings. The same way not all people that drink drive cars and kill people. They are both a freedom that we have. Neither are a necessity. They both are something that people use to add enjoyment to their lives. 

My point all along has been, if we are concerned about saving lives, alcohol claims it's share as well. But that topic is off the table for discussion.

Agree. But people can't see that not all assault rifles are used to commit mass shootings. The same way not all people that drink drive cars and kill people. They are both a freedom that we have. Neither are a necessity. They both are something that people use to add enjoyment to their lives. 

My point all along has been, if we are concerned about saving lives, alcohol claims it's share as well. But that topic is off the table for discussion.
There are more AR15s in civilian hands in this country than there are Muslims in the United States. 

If people actually can't see that they aren't all used for mass shootings, you're better off arguing with a table. But I'm not sure I actually believe that's what people think. 

But people can't see that not all assault rifles are used to commit mass shootings.
Another misinformed point made by you. Nobody here has said that all assault rifles are used to commit mass shootings. I'm pretty convinced you're nothing but a troll at this point. This is a pretty ###### subject to be a troll about. 

There are more AR15s in civilian hands in this country than there are Muslims in the United States. 

If people actually can't see that they aren't all used for mass shootings, you're better off arguing with a table. But I'm not sure I actually believe that's what people think. 
I believe icon quoted some numbers in regards to the number of assault rifles vs the number used for mass shootings. The thing that some posters here also don't understand is that people don't know what an assault rifle is. (Not trying to stir that pot again). But when the OP says ban to an air soft gun, it causes people that would otherwise agree with him on a ban say, "wait a minute we were talking but banning assault rifles now your expanding the scope of theach ban". At that point you start to loose support.

I think a more productive discussion would be to define what is acceptable. 

Another misinformed point made by you. Nobody here has said that all assault rifles are used to commit mass shootings. I'm pretty convinced you're nothing but a troll at this point. This is a pretty ###### subject to be a troll about. 
If you want to have a conversation, I'm happy to oblige. Name calling will not get you the response your looking for. 

If you want to have a conversation, I'm happy to oblige. 
Nah, I'll pass. I am going to take your advice from earlier (and pretty much the only coherent thought you've had in this discussion) and ignore you. In the future though, you may want to consider that some subjects may affect some people differently than others due to having been directly impacted by them. Gonna go have a beer and enjoy the games. Hope it doesn't explode and kill 60 people when I open it.

Nah, I'll pass. I am going to take your advice from earlier (and pretty much the only coherent thought you've had in this discussion) and ignore you. In the future though, you may want to consider that some subjects may affect some people differently than others due to having been directly impacted by them. Gonna go have a beer and enjoy the games. Hope it doesn't explode and kill 60 people when I open it.
Fair enough.

The same should be given to those who know someone that was killed by a drunk driver. Unfortunately I've known two. One in highschool and a lady I worked with. Luckily, I don't know someone that has died in a mass shooting. 

Point being, don't assume someone is trolling until you know the whole story. 

Fair enough.

The same should be given to those who know someone that was killed by a drunk driver. Unfortunately I've known two. One in highschool and a lady I worked with. Luckily, I don't know someone that has died in a mass shooting. 

Point being, don't assume someone is trolling until you know the whole story. 
If you think drunk driving and a mass shooting are comparable, you need a lot more than a stiff drink.

I've posted multiple times over the years that I support tougher gun laws, including banning all guns if it meant that I was guaranteed there would be no more gun violence. But, this thread started prior to the latest shooting and I still believe that it has nothing to do with need. It has to do with freedom. We give up freedoms all the time for the sake of saving lives. But i expect a tradeoff when law abiding people give up something because of a small percentage of criminals. This is why I used the alcohol comparison. 
This still makes no sense.  There is no way any law would prevent all such prohibited actions. So if you take that to its logical conclusion we should have no laws since no law is 100 percent effective. 

If you think drunk driving and a mass shooting are comparable, you need a lot more than a stiff drink.
I wasn't comparing them. I understand the intent with one. Although one could argue if you go to a bar and drive your own car, you intended to drive drunk.

My point was that people assume my comments are strictly trolling. They're not. I believe we need tougher DUI laws. 

Huh, not a single person in this thread is saying this. 

Also on your last point, I just said I support more laws against drunk driving. 

It is clear to me that you are fishing in this thread given you ignore multiple posts that answer you and it really is a sad day that you could do that given all the lives recently lost. 

This still makes no sense.  There is no way any law would prevent all such prohibited actions. So if you take that to its logical conclusion we should have no laws since no law is 100 percent effective. 
Sure. But a law doesn't help if it doesn't solve the problem. I mentioned that the Vegas shooter had money and would have been able to acquire guns illegally.

Huh, not a single person in this thread is saying this. 

Also on your last point, I just said I support more laws against drunk driving. 

It is clear to me that you are fishing in this thread given you ignore multiple posts that answer you and it really is a sad day that you could do that given all the lives recently lost. 
Again. This thread has been going since before the Vegas shooting. 

I know, I have been posting since then. Nice to know you have been trolling it since it started.  
Have I? I made a point about "needing" Assault rifles and "needing" alcohol. Had that been made last week nobody would have attacked me. 

Sure. But a law doesn't help if it doesn't solve the problem. I mentioned that the Vegas shooter had money and would have been able to acquire guns illegally.
If he acquired them illegally the likelihood someone noticed and said something is much higher.

Not true. I would have because it is inane. 
Read the first few pages of this thread. I wasn't the first to bring up cars or cigarettes. 

This has less to do with my argument and more to do with timing. 

Apologies to anyone I offended. People grieve in their own way and in their own time. 

Read the first few pages of this thread. I wasn't the first to bring up cars or cigarettes. 

This has less to do with my argument and more to do with timing. 

Apologies to anyone I offended. People grieve in their own way and in their own time. 
Yup people were bringing up cars then and it got the same response as your lines.  Also, might want to check the date of this thread starting and see if it ties to anything...  

Anyway, I am done engaging with the troll.  

No reasonably intelligent adult compares a premeditated mass murder to drunk driving. It really is crazy in a very sad way. 
Vegas, Sandy Hook, Columbine... apparently assault rifles are more important than all those people that died.
I will make a comparison. Both parties are complete #######s. They both suck. They both can go to hell and they both suck at life. 

You do know when you ban bump stocks rich people can still take the time to get a ffl and buy a  m134.

You should goolag it and thank the gods we kicked out our schools rich people do t go on mass shooting sprees.

To soon?

Not when msn goes out with how America has accepted white rage.

Antioch is to soon to talk about church shootings. Heard of it? 

Va Tech. Not white.

Work place violence Forth Hood ( named after white racist Confederate no doubt ) not white.

No one cared about a bunch of white people gunned down in a church so why unite around a bumpstock ban?

It is a narrative we all want to read.

white evil black good

3% of 59 million could make all the difference. 

All that we will know is the America we all made.

A legal gun owner tells an officer he has a gun. Cop says don't reach for it. Guys says he isn't. Cop shoots him. It seems pretty obvious why this should bother any gun rights advocate, libertarian, conservative, etc.
I’m sorry does America care more about a black church getting shot up or a white church getting shot up?

NRA ever issue a statement on the Castile shooting?

is NRA ok for not caring ATF rule poor mans machine gun illegal unless you pay your tax and can afford it?

That civil rights legend John Lewis says he respects the second Amendment.

When the white liberal destroys the white supremacy that is America it will be more like soviet Russia than Hati 1804 for you. 

Why would anyone need an assault rifle?

Whe the 3% green line of the imperialist is broken. 

And the thin blue line of the bastardized son has fallen. 

And the racist rebels of all its sons are dead.

If you don’t want to kneel to the benevolent leader that follows them. 

You just might wish you had more than an assault weapon. 

I’m sorry does America care more about a black church getting shot up or a white church getting shot up?

NRA ever issue a statement on the Castile shooting?

is NRA ok for not caring ATF rule poor mans machine gun illegal unless you pay your tax and can afford it?

That civil rights legend John Lewis says he respects the second Amendment.

When the white liberal destroys the white supremacy that is America it will be more like soviet Russia than Hati 1804 for you. 
If there is foul play, than who is to blame  the judge or the jury? 

For every agrarian revolution there will be a boss with his thumb to the back of the worker. 

John Donne said affliction is a treasure and scarce any man hath enough if it.

When the media distorts reality to please the palate of the liberal, will there be food left for the illegal aliens?

If there is foul play, than who is to blame  the judge or the jury? 

For every agrarian revolution there will be a boss with his thumb to the back of the worker. 

John Donne said affliction is a treasure and scarce any man hath enough if it.

When the media distorts reality to please the palate of the liberal, will there be food left for the illegal aliens?
Every man that said no man has a right to tell a woman what to do with their body is responsible for the 3% of 59 million Americans that never got to breath air and could never be here.

Every father that was never there to make abortion the preferred option.

Good times create weak men.

Weak men created the World we live in.

Every man that said no man has a right to tell a woman what to do with their body is responsible for the 3% of 59 million Americans that never got to breath air and could never be here.

Every father that was never there to make abortion the preferred option.

Good times create weak men.

Weak men created the World we live in.
Then I hope the whole planet gets weak as hell. Many generations sacrificed so the next could have it better. So don't piss on them and try to say things would be better if things were worse. Besides being a catch 22, it's disrespectful to all those past generations that didn't get good times and were the supposedly hard men you pine for. If they didn't have as many good times than it was because they were sacrificing for the future- so the future would know good times. 

I have a tactical shotgun with a laser scope and a flashlight on the business end. True story. 

Then I hope the whole planet gets weak as hell. Many generations sacrificed so the next could have it better. So don't piss on them and try to say things would be better if things were worse. Besides being a catch 22, it's disrespectful to all those past generations that didn't get good times and were the supposedly hard men you pine for. If they didn't have as many good times than it was because they were sacrificing for the future- so the future would know good times. 
When your people have no future.  Your family. Your race. Your Nation.  You hope for weakness for women liberation that equals nothing sacred in the womb.

No hope. No future. No race. No people. No Nation. Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.  

When your people have no future.  Your family. Your race. Your Nation.  You hope for weakness for women liberation that equals nothing sacred in the womb.

No hope. No future. No race. No people. No Nation. Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.  
Is this a threat? Because it sounds like a pretty serious threat buddy. 

World peace. Nothing worth pulling a trigger for.

Nothing worth finding out if the knife blade dose feel like ice.

Peace has arrived. 

World peace. Nothing worth pulling a trigger for.

Nothing worth finding out if the knife blade dose feel like ice.

Peace has arrived. 
Here's the problem: as long as there are people on this little blue pearl, peace is simply not achievable. We can try, but evil still exists, and will work to cause pain and destruction. To that end, I will arm myself to keep evil out and away from my family. 

Oh, and there's no such thing as an assault rifle. Assault is a verb. I could assault someone with literally anything.

Here's the problem: as long as there are people on this little blue pearl, peace is simply not achievable. We can try, but evil still exists, and will work to cause pain and destruction. To that end, I will arm myself to keep evil out and away from my family. 

Oh, and there's no such thing as an assault rifle. Assault is a verb. I could assault someone with literally anything.
Well this is a new one.  Good to see you guys getting creative. 

Users who are viewing this thread