What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Winfield lock Lance Moore down? (1 Viewer)

KingEl

Footballguy
I just read some "expert" on Sporting News talk about lowering expectations for Lance Moore as Winfield will be covering him... I was thinking this was a good matchup for Moore and the Saints, as Minn has a reputation for great run def, avg to poor pass def... Seems with the Saints multiple options that it's hard to slow them down. Of course, with those options, you never know who the hot WR for that day will be, but it seems like Moore is Bree's go-to guy right now. Anyone have any opinions on this matchup?

I think Winfield is more of a run stopping corner. He's a vicious hitter but that pass defense is weak and has been for some time.

Absolutely not.

All this time I thought the secondary's poor play was because of the limited pass rush. Turns out they're just not very good in coverage, Winfield included.

That's my line of thinking too, but then I see that the Marvin Harrison supporters(I have him on my team too, so I hope he's back) say the reason he was so bad in the Minn game was becasue Winfield was left on him one on one and is a "shutdown" cb.... I just am not familiar with the guy so I don't know his strengths and weaknesses.

Well Winfield has shut down Driver, Harrison and Steve Smith so far this season, but then somehow had a tough time with Justin Gage so who knows. I'm sure he didn't cover each of those guys every play but he did for the majority of the game.

That's my line of thinking too, but then I see that the Marvin Harrison supporters(I have him on my team too, so I hope he's back) say the reason he was so bad in the Minn game was becasue Winfield was left on him one on one and is a "shutdown" cb.... I just am not familiar with the guy so I don't know his strengths and weaknesses.
Harrison is not what he use to be, he's playing off of his legacy right now.

as a Titans homer I have NEVER seen Justin Gage as wide open as he was last week

Well Winfield has shut down Driver, Harrison and Steve Smith so far this season, but then somehow had a tough time with Justin Gage so who knows. I'm sure he didn't cover each of those guys every play but he did for the majority of the game.
I don't think Driver or Harrison are the number one wideouts on their teams any more.

He is quietly one of the best CBs in the league, his strength is more run stopping as mentioned. At one point I believe he was the highest paid CB in the NFL. When he left BUF. He came from the loaded late '90s Buckeye teams with Boston, Katzenmoyer, Diggs, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread