What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available? (1 Viewer)

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available?

• Yes, as soon as it comes out

Votes: 236 55.4%
  • Yes, but not for a while until some time passes

Votes: 93 21.8%
  • No, I don't think it will be safe

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • No, I don't think it will be effective

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • No, I already had Covid

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Unsure, but leaning yes

Votes: 32 7.5%
  • Unsure, but leaning no

Votes: 28 6.6%

• Total voters
Hell yes - I don’t even care if it’s effective as long as I can get back to watching my kid play baseball.  Thought four years of college ball would be a blast to watch...list his entire soph year to shutdown and hoping his junior year is not the same.
This.

For some people, shutting down their life makes sense.  For you and those like you, it was never worth it.  This opportunity doesn't happen again.

They should incentivize it,  give $2000 to get the vaccine.
It’s ethically dicey to pay people for vaccination, as you’re balancing coercion with public health benefit. But I don’t think they’ll have a shortage of volunteers + people with natural exposure to reach the herd immunity threshold in some areas over the next 6 months or so.

On the other hand, I don’t believe pro and anti-vaccine people are equally distributed, so I expect we’ll have local outbreaks for a while after the vaccine(s) are widely available.

I don't believe Biden people will take it because it will be associated with Trump.   Trump people won't take it because some just don't care and think it is real virus.   That is why they should incentivize, and the fact a lot of people are hurting for money.

I don't believe Biden people will take it because it will be associated with Trump.   Trump people won't take it because some just don't care and think it is real virus.   That is why they should incentivize, and the fact a lot of people are hurting for money.
This is not an accurate characterization of why people will not take the virus.

It’s ethically dicey to pay people for vaccination, as you’re balancing coercion with public health benefit. But I don’t think they’ll have a shortage of volunteers + people with natural exposure to reach the herd immunity threshold in some areas over the next 6 months or so.

On the other hand, I don’t believe pro and anti-vaccine people are equally distributed, so I expect we’ll have local outbreaks for a while after the vaccine(s) are widely available.
This will certainly be interesting to see how it plays out. I think we are going to learn a lot in the next few months.

I want one now. I don't buy the worry about people who are hesitant to take it. It will be hotter than Squeakee the Interactive Balloon Dog. Jab me up!

I don't believe Biden people will take it because it will be associated with Trump.   
:confused:

Why would it be associated with Trump? Pfizer themselves said Trump and the government had absolutely nothing to do with the development of the vaccine.

My brother-in-law is a family doc.  My sister tested positive and got through it with very mild symptoms.  She is going to be very insistent on getting the vaccine for him and her kids.  So, he's obviously looking real hard at these vaccines.  As soon as he's comfortable with it, I will be.

For those that voted here, curious if any changed their minds from their original votes.
I would have happily served as a volunteer in any of the various clinical trials for any of the vaccine candidates.  My viewpoint hasn't changed -- I'm not interested in trying to jump the queue, but I'll be first in line when the state says I'm eligible (next week as it turns out).

I voted I'd get it as soon as I could. I got it as soon as I could. I live in Texas, so I'm pretty sure my thought process has been fully validated.

Got my first Pfizer shot today.  My arm fell off, but other than that I feel fine. I can't wait to get my 2nd shot and then get back to normal, though it will suck not having a solid excuse to hit the gym.

I was the guy in the drive thru line cracking the joke "Is this where we line up for tequila shots?"  Coming soon to a Geico commercial.

Truthfully, I did not feel a thing. I even asked the shot-giver, "Are you sure I got a shot?"  Her reply was, "Yeah, I gave it to you real good."  Suddenly I have a thing for sassy redheads.

I’ve gotten both of mine. I’ve had some pretty bad side effects:

- feel comfortable in public

- will be able to fly internationally

- can see close older family without worry that I might kill them 

- my arm was sore for a day 
Pfizer or Moderna? 

I'm getting Moderna and took the afternoon (shot at 11:00) and the next day off of work because I hear most get sick. 

I don't see why this is also political. 

Pfizer or Moderna? 

I'm getting Moderna and took the afternoon (shot at 11:00) and the next day off of work because I hear most get sick. 
Moderna. Arm was sore for 2-3 days after both shots. No other side effects. Ran 5 miles day of and day after both shots. I know several who did get a fever and aches the next day. Seems kind of 50/50 and women are more likely to experience them.

Got dose 1 of Pfizer today at a local Walgreens. Was surprised there were only 4 people there at my appointment time, and I was second in line. Thought it would be some huge line like the DMV. Took around 30 min from check in to shot. Seemed like it should've been faster honestly, but the poor pharmacist was doing a million things and had to give the shots. Didn't feel a thing and no adverse reaction. I also received an appointment for my second dose in 4 weeks. Easy peasy. Getting a free Covid vax is the biggest no-brainer I can think of. 

Gotta love to be considered an essential employee by the state of Michigan,  but can't get the vaccine.  Guess essential doesn't matter now after working 6 months straight without a day off.

Pfizer or Moderna? 

This is the right call. I am planning to take off as much as I can after my second shot (4/1). If you feel great. Take a day for yourself. 

Distributing.  I realize it's basically county by county though on this.  My brother is a teacher and his family got both of theirs up in GR.  I tried to sign up thru the state, not allowed.  
Weird I know people in essential manufacturing who were able to get it. Figured distribution would be the same.

Weird I know people in essential manufacturing who were able to get it. Figured distribution would be the same.
Distribution was very uneven on this.  I get that Detroit Metro, Kent County, KZoo, etc get more early.  We are still in the opening phase in Berrien.

Moderna. Arm was sore for 2-3 days after both shots. No other side effects. Ran 5 miles day of and day after both shots. I know several who did get a fever and aches the next day. Seems kind of 50/50 and women are more likely to experience them.
Nice. I had mild to little soreness the next day after my first one. Really hopeful I'm not down with flu symptoms. 

My wife's arm developed a rash really bad and the area on her arm where she got the shot got very red, pulsated, and was warm to the touch - really it was kind of creepy. She looks into it though and spoke to a medical professional and apparently this happens in a small amount of cases and is a good thing because it means her body is responding and developing the antibodies. 

Nice. I had mild to little soreness the next day after my first one. Really hopeful I'm not down with flu symptoms. 

My wife's arm developed a rash really bad and the area on her arm where she got the shot got very red, pulsated, and was warm to the touch - really it was kind of creepy. She looks into it though and spoke to a medical professional and apparently this happens in a small amount of cases and is a good thing because it means her body is responding and developing the antibodies. 
Same is true if you feel flu symptoms tomorrow. It sucks but a positive thing overall as it means your immune system is responding to it thinking COVID is in your body. 

As of right now in Nebraska, it looks like I can get a shot in April.

We do contract work for an essential company and by association our work is considered "essential".  All of our guys in the field carry a letter stating we are essential workers and exempt from any local, state, or federal travel restrictions.

A coworker used this letter to get his first shot before he would have originally been slotted (his wife is in a higher risk category).  I'm a little more leery to jump in line before someone that may be in a higher risk category so will just wait a few weeks.

We're reaching the point quickly now where people should just get the shot and not feel like they're "skipping ahead". 65+ age group and essentials have had their exclusivity period, shipments are increasing every week, soon they're going to be begging people to take the shot. The moral hazard isn't skipping the line, it's not getting one at all. 

We're reaching the point quickly now where people should just get the shot and not feel like they're "skipping ahead".
I can tell from reading hear and other places online that a lot of people are concerned with "jumping the line". I agree with you, though -- at this point, it really should just be treated as a catch-as-catch-can situation by the general public even if politicians and planners can't say that out loud.

If you have a way of getting a vaccine, do it -- it's a virtual certainty that you aren't taking a vaccine away from someone who needs it more.

I had both shots of Moderna already. I had a moderately bad case of COVID 4 months ago (knocked me out for 4 weeks and another 4 weeks to get mostly functional). I had a fair amount of side effects after the first shot (bad chills, extreme fatigue, not hungry, and trouble concentrating). The second shot was a lot better, although I was tired the next day and had some minor chills. My arm really hurt after the first shot but wasn't bad after the second.

Got first shot of Pfizer on Saturday.  Had a couple quick spots of feeling a little light-headed and arm was sore for a day or so but that was it.  They auto-scheduled shot #2 for 21 days later.

I jumped in line when I could because I'm back to travelling fairly regularly for work.  (UT, TN, TX within the last month)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread