What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

William Green really gets the call if Reubens inj? (1 Viewer)

hollaatyaboy

Footballguy
Reuben is old and its hard to expect him to be 100% for this season and following seasons. Problem is, who takes over right away?

William Green is unproven and unsteady. Lee Suggs can't stay healthy at all. Jerome Harrison is a rook that has a lot of potential, but a lot of bust looking his way.

who is the favorite to emerge as the #2 for this season and in the future?

Last edited by a moderator:
Savage; Green still is Browns’ second-string tailback

Steve Doerschuk

5/4/2006

BEREA - Rookie fifth-round pick Jerome Harrison won’t necessarily blow former first-rounder William Green out of town. General Manager Phil Savage said Green heads to minicamp as the top backup to 1,200-yard rusher Reuben Droughns.

“I think William is the incumbent as the second-string tailback,” Savage said on a WTAM-AM draft show. “Someone’s going to have to beat him out.

“The drafting of Jerome Harrison probably doesn’t effect William Green as much as it would Lee Suggs or Jason Wright. Suggs, Wright and Harrison are slated to be third-down backs.

“If Harrison is that good, then maybe Jason and Lee have to compete with William.”

Harrison was a 1,900-yard rusher at Washington State in 2005. Browns scout James Kirkland boosted Harrison’s grade as the evaluation season wore on.

“He’s understated as a runner,” Kirkland said. “You can think he’s just a scatback, but you watch him, and he can make his way inside. He can make big runs. He can grind some.

“(In predraft sessions), he passed every test. He ran well, caught the ball well and tested well.

“He’s from Michigan, a blue-collar guy, a good fit for us. The weather won’t bother him.

“People look for flash and what not. You’re gonna get some flash, but he’s more substance than anything.”

Head Coach Romeo Crennel seems intent on keeping Droughns fresher. Droughns carried a franchise-record 309 times in 2005.

http://www.cantonrep.com/

Reuben is old and its hard to expect him to be 100% for this season and following seasons. Problem is, who takes over right away?

William Green is unproven and unsteady. Lee Suggs can't stay healthy at all. Jerome Harrison is a rook that has a lot of potential, but a lot of bust looking his way.

If you consider 27 old

Suggs hasn't done much for Crennel and Green has improved(attitude wise) tenfold under Crennel

I like Green getting the job and I think he's a nice buy low (can be had for peanuts) backup RB. Believe his contract is up after the season as well.

he is 27 years old and has carried the ball 584 times the past 2 years. and he has started 31 out of the past 32 games.

So they list Green as #2.

They are trying to get rid of Suggs.

The only other competition is some rookie they took in the 5th round.

Green is the #2.

Last edited by a moderator:
So they list Green as #2.

They are trying to get rid of Suggs.

The only other competition is some rookie they took in the 5th round.

Green is the #2.
Knowledge reigns supreme here

Lee "Gimpy" Suggs isn't even tradeable despite the Browns shopping him. :D

Meanwhile, William Green is the solid #2 RB and is one Rueben Droughns injury away from becoming the workhorse he was drafted to be. :)

Meanwhile, William Green is the solid #2 RB and is one Rueben Droughns injury away from becoming the workhorse he was drafted to be. :)
you are incorrigible, george... i think weezie hit you upside the head a few too many times... :)

I guess the 5th time is the charm for William Green to prove "he's a workhorse stud". The other 3 or 4 times he was given the reigns and failed...he was just bluffing us. Not to mention he's unbreakable. I got lucky and he fell to me at 1.8 and I snagged him quicker than Star Jones on a ham hock. This is his year I tell ya!

:lmao:

I guess the 5th time is the charm for William Green to prove "he's a workhorse stud". The other 3 or 4 times he was given the reigns and failed...he was just bluffing us. Not to mention he's unbreakable. I got lucky and he fell to me at 1.8 and I snagged him quicker than Star Jones on a ham hock. This is his year I tell ya!
William Green has been riding the hype the Peter King from CNNSI wrote about him in his first camp. I believe the line read something like the following "William Green is going to be a great one." or something along those lines. He has since never lived up to his billing of a star or even a quality starter, but people will continue to put faith him.

Users who are viewing this thread