What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Winston Justice (1 Viewer)

With Winstons outstanding proday, where does he get drafted now?

• SF @ 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buffalo @ 8

• Detroit @ 9

• Arizona @ 10

• Cleveland @ 12

• Cowboys @ 18

• Other - Please say who

• Total voters

Noahs Troopers

Footballguy
I still see the 49ers taking Vernon Davis at #6, the O-Line is one of their only descent areas on the team. I'm thinking he goes to Buffalo at #8, that line is in shambles and McGahee needs a good run blocker. What say you.

Justice is now solidly in my top 10 and won't move from there unless I hear reports of his botching interviews with teams. 39 inch vertical, 38 reps plus that level of success and technique? Hard to pass up.

ive had him for months going at 10 to arizona..........i will stick with that

similar to levi jones going at 10 to the bengals a couple of years ago, jones was a surprise to go that early. I had predicted a couple of months ago that justice would too, but after this workout, if he doesnt go top 10 it would be a surprise.

I still see the 49ers taking Vernon Davis at #6, the O-Line is one of their only descent areas on the team. I'm thinking he goes to Buffalo at #8, that line is in shambles and McGahee needs a good run blocker. What say you.
There's no way he gets past Buffalo.

There's no way he gets past Buffalo.
Plus I doubt there are many professional sex workers in Buffalo so his past indescretions won't be as much of a temptation. And heck, pulling a pellet gun on someone is probably par for the course (although you could end up with a bullet in the skull). :D I think that the Bills would be foolish to pass up on Justice at #8. With the Bills saying that Peters is staying at RT I have to believe that they'd take Ferguson or Justice at #8 if they are there. They just don't have anyone that can play LT adequately enough right now. They're not terrific at DT or S but I think they're better there than on the OL and would be easier to come by later as well. Plus, when looking at the previous OTs that have went in the first round, the bust rate seemed to be lower than most other positions.

I think the Niners take Davis.

I still think Buffalo goes DT, probably Ngata, despite reports that he's slipping.

I think Detroit makes a LOT of sense which is precisely why he won't get drafted by Detroit.

I think Arizona would take Bunkley over Justice and he should still be on the board at that point.

Meaning the Browns get Justice.

How much would one superior run blocker help a back like Mcgahee, KJ, J. Lo or Edge? Would a team like Buffalo or Arizona still need to draft another OL in round 2-3 in order to make any difference for the RB?

How much would one superior run blocker help a back like Mcgahee, KJ, J. Lo or Edge? Would a team like Buffalo or Arizona still need to draft another OL in round 2-3 in order to make any difference for the RB?
the great thing about adding guy like justice to ARI is you could slide leonard davis (probably more natural OG anyway) inside... potentially making OL stronger at TWO spots eventually (assuming justice could be better than davis... maybe not immediately, as OL rookies struggle more often than not... but davis hasn't been confused with jones, pace & ogden in his prime before)...he played RT, but scouts say he has feet & agility to play LT...

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted Buffalo at 8. If you are trotting any of Nall, Holcomb, or Losman out there, he better have good protection.

Buffalo...that team needs to take Olinemen with atleast their first 2 picks. They have plenty of other needs, but this move makes the most sense. McGahee does need some stud help up front.

I really wouldn't mind the Bills taking 2 OL with their 1st 2 picks. Especially if someone like Nick Mangold or Max Jean Giles falls to them in the 2nd. If not then I feel there is enough OL in this draft they could get good value in the 3rd. And they have two 3rd rounders in this draft with the one they got from the Titans.

Maybe Buffalo is a little gun shy about taking another 1st round offensive lineman after what happened the last time they did that.

Maybe Buffalo is a little gun shy about taking another 1st round offensive lineman after what happened the last time they did that.
I was doing a bit of googling trying to find out how Winston Justice's arm length compared to some other elite tackles when I found this article.
If history is a guide, left tackles chosen in the first round won't be busts. Picking a tackle in the first round is like picking a hamburger from an intimidating menu--it's the safest thing to do.

In the past 10 drafts, 81 percent of the 43 tackles chosen in the first round have played like first-round picks--or in the case of some younger players, at least have shown the promise to play at a first-round level. That is a phenomenal "hit" rate compared with other positions. Only eight tackles drafted in the first round since 1992 have performed clearly below expectations--Arizona's Ernest Dye, Philadelphia's Bernard Williams, Miami's Billy Milner, Kansas City's Trezelle Jenkins, Green Bay's John Michels, Pittsburgh's Jamain Stephens, Washington's Andre Johnson and Oakland's Matt Stinchcomb.

If McKinnie and Williams are picked in the top 10 and don't succeed, they will be true aberrations. In the past 10 years, every tackle chosen in the top 10 has been a success. Eight of the 12 top-10 picks chosen as offensive tackles since 1992 have been to the Pro Bowl--and a handful, like Tony Boselli, Jonathan Ogden, Willie Roaf and Orlando Pace, could be Hall of Fame-bound.
:X :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread