What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS MMXI: Back to the Future Edition- Draft & Season Thread (3 Viewers)

Has anybody here ever been in a 24 team fantasy league?

Me neither
That's because fantasy leagues don't account for middle relievers, mop-up guys, defensive replacements, etc. The way you valuate players in this league should be completely different. You're not looking to meet 5-category objectives, you're looking to win baseball games. Meaning things like arm, range, speed, durability, reliability, etc are going to valued in players that otherwise see no "fantasy value."My question for you is why are you trying to make this league as un-fun as possible? Seems like the person spearheading the effort should be advertising how awesome it is, but you keep doom-and-glooming us on every turn. Dare to believe, Eephus. Dare to believe....

Has anybody here ever been in a 24 team fantasy league?

Me neither
That's because fantasy leagues don't account for middle relievers, mop-up guys, defensive replacements, etc. The way you valuate players in this league should be completely different. You're not looking to meet 5-category objectives, you're looking to win baseball games. Meaning things like arm, range, speed, durability, reliability, etc are going to valued in players that otherwise see no "fantasy value."My question for you is why are you trying to make this league as un-fun as possible? Seems like the person spearheading the effort should be advertising how awesome it is, but you keep doom-and-glooming us on every turn. Dare to believe, Eephus. Dare to believe....
I'm already at 94% fatigue

Eephus just wants us to do what he wants to do. Democracy be damned.
You're the guy who brought up supplemental drafts again today.We're at 15 confirmed owners (16 if Doug B and I split up). Let's see how many people join by the end of the week; the 20 vs. 24 debate may be immaterial. I think we should stick with 35 rounds because I doubt the next five picks will provide any value in terms of PA/IP.

The sim itself will be fantastic, no question about it.

Eephus just wants us to do what he wants to do. Democracy be damned.
You're the guy who brought up supplemental drafts again today.We're at 15 confirmed owners (16 if Doug B and I split up). Let's see how many people join by the end of the week; the 20 vs. 24 debate may be immaterial. I think we should stick with 35 rounds because I doubt the next five picks will provide any value in terms of PA/IP.

The sim itself will be fantastic, no question about it.
Oh, I thought we were already in for a 200k "add/drop" type PA/IP filler at season's end. :crazy:

Confirmed and rolled:

Tre 5

moops 150

dougb/eephus 199

scoobus 210

SCBF 357

Greco 508

rodg12 511

ChemX 569

Arsenal 582

SNC 602

NV 706

bobucarow 785

sparty 814

Hoos 922

TU 968

Oso 976

People who expressed interest in the other thread but haven't rolled:

boubucarow

jfranco

bogart

Acer

larry

rnr - Roll already

sammy

northern voice

Wait list: belljr, cheese

MIA: Koya

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1

Die rolls: 117

Roll subtotal: 117

Roll total: 117

anyone got any cheat sheet lists, etc? lol

18 confirmed rolls:

Tre 5

LB_44 117

moops 150

dougb/eephus 199

scoobus 210

SCBF 357

Greco 508

rodg12 511

ChemX 569

Arsenal 582

SNC 602

NV 706

bobucarow 785

sparty 814

rnr 847

Hoos 922

TU 968

Oso 976

18 confirmed rolls:

Tre 5

LB_44 117

moops 150

dougb/eephus 199

scoobus 210

SCBF 357

Greco 508

rodg12 511

ChemX 569

Arsenal 582

SNC 602

NV 706

bobucarow 785

sparty 814

rnr 847

Hoos 922

TU 968

Oso 976
So we need rolls from Koya, jfranco77, Sammy3469, Bogart, belljr, and AcerFC to get to 24. If one of them drops, cheese is in. If two of them drop (or cheese declines), you and Dougie have to divorce.

24 is certainly within reach here. We can be drafting by morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
18 confirmed rolls:

Tre 5

LB_44 117

moops 150

dougb/eephus 199

scoobus 210

SCBF 357

Greco 508

rodg12 511

ChemX 569

Arsenal 582

SNC 602

NV 706

bobucarow 785

sparty 814

rnr 847

Hoos 922

TU 968

Oso 976
So we need rolls from Koya, jfranco77, Sammy3469, Bogart, belljr, and AcerFC to get to 24. If one of them drops, cheese is in. If two of them drop (or cheese declines), you and Dougie have to divorce.

:goodposting:

18 confirmed rolls:

Tre 5

LB_44 117

moops 150

dougb/eephus 199

scoobus 210

SCBF 357

Greco 508

rodg12 511

ChemX 569

Arsenal 582

SNC 602

NV 706

bobucarow 785

sparty 814

rnr 847

Hoos 922

TU 968

Oso 976

:lmao:

I don't really want to be researching who is the better defensive replacement between Pitt and kc's backup 2B/ss. So if someone wants to team up let me know. I am skiing until Monday though so I'll be spotty until then

I don't really want to be researching who is the better defensive replacement between Pitt and kc's backup 2B/ss. So if someone wants to team up let me know. I am skiing until Monday though so I'll be spotty until then
Oh yes, you know you do want to do the research. We'll still be here on Monday. Roll dem bones.

should this be a time where we do use the DH?

i understand why we haven't in the past.
I don't think so because it'll drive up the requirement for more hitter PAs. Pitcher PAs are free and they're also crappy, which leads to fewer big innings and therefore less pitcher fatigue.

Is this thing taking off on Monday? I have zero lists ready, so I am curious if I need to do some thinking this weekend.

Regarding PAs... you need about 700 for the leadoff spot, and on down about 12-15 PAs per spot. But remember, we have no DH, so you'll have 6 extra starters at every position (30 mlb teams, 24 WIS teams) that won't be drafted, PLUS 14 full-time DHs that can be played somewhere (most of them will be rated at 1B or OF or C or something).

We may need to use our AAA guys which is why we need the draft to go deep. But you should be able to get 12-13 hitters with 300+ PAs and everyone should be able to get at least 4 SPs with 150 IP and a 100ish IP swingman.

It will work, but there will be people with holes that need to make trades.

Regarding PAs... you need about 700 for the leadoff spot, and on down about 12-15 PAs per spot. But remember, we have no DH, so you'll have 6 extra starters at every position (30 mlb teams, 24 WIS teams) that won't be drafted, PLUS 14 full-time DHs that can be played somewhere (most of them will be rated at 1B or OF or C or something). We may need to use our AAA guys which is why we need the draft to go deep. But you should be able to get 12-13 hitters with 300+ PAs and everyone should be able to get at least 4 SPs with 150 IP and a 100ish IP swingman.It will work, but there will be people with holes that need to make trades.
:coffee:

'Eephus said:
Bump to the new board
We need rolls from Koya, Sammy3469, Bogart, belljr, and AcerFC to get to 24. If one of them drops, cheese is in. If two of them drop (or cheese declines), you and Dougie have to divorce.

'Eephus said:
Bump to the new board
We need rolls from Koya, Sammy3469, Bogart, belljr, and AcerFC to get to 24. If one of them drops, cheese is in. If two of them drop (or cheese declines), you and Dougie have to divorce.
Wait when did I get added? I was an alternate was I promoted??

'Eephus said:
Bump to the new board
Wait when did I get added? I was an alternate was I promoted??
Yes sir, you were first on the waiting list and someone dropped out. However, I'm not commishing, and Eephus is busy trying to make sure this league doesn't happen. So you may want to check with him to make sure you fit in his plans to sabotage the league.

rolled.

Ok since we all know my noob schtick is not really schtick. been a few years since I did some fantasy basebol. Yahoo rankings good enough to get owned in this?

eta: 232

Tre 5

LB_44 117

moops 150

jfranco77 161

dougb/eephus 199

scoobus 210

belljr 232

SCBF 357

cheese 455

Greco 508

rodg12 511

ChemX 569

Arsenal 582

SNC 602

NV 706

bobucarow 785

sparty 814

rnr 847

Hoos 922

TU 968

Oso 976

That gives us 21 with Koya, Sammy, AcerFC, and Bogart left from the pool of interested people.

Users who are viewing this thread