What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS MMXIII Back to the Future 3 - MLB107075 (1 Viewer)

The seasons Franklin Guiterrez and Adam Eaton are having crack me up every time I see that team. Both around .300 OPS playing every day lol

quite a race in the NL Central. All 4 teams (myself, arsenal, boubacarow, and larry) have shuffled from 1st to last and back again all season long. All 4 teams sitting well over 500 (9 games over or better).

1st place separated from 4th place by only 3 games.

I have only 2 regulars that are at 100%. I hope I clinch soon so I can rest some guys. Although my bench is as trashed as my starters. Guess that's the game you have to play with so many 1/2 season guys.

Was just looking back over the trades I made. Jesus. I made 9 trades before the SIM started. These ones turned out well.

Trade with larry. Gave up Kelly Johnson 221/286/336, Lucas Duda 225/352/373, and Time Collins AAA. Got Doumit 248/311/380, Revere 344/378/380 33 SB, and Gorzelanny 82 IP, 3.72 ERA, 1.32 whip.

Trade with chem x. Gave up Lohse 224 IP,1.38, 5.06. Got Dioner Navarro 285 PA 351/432/516, and Scooter Gennet 245 PA 332/363/461.

Trade with arsenal. Gave up Ruf 238/324/425 and Tazawa 47 IP, 1.67, 5.98. Got Gattis 267/319/492 18 HR.

Trade with Tre/Frosty. Gave up Jaso 200/300/267 (267 SLG - holy ####), and Sean Rodriguez (Tre never entered him on his team apparently). Got Jordy Mercer 298/339/439

Every time I check my game results I am losing more than I am winning. Yet, I am still in first place. Eleven games to go and it appears nobody wants to win this division.

Yes, it is the same division as Oso's losing streak. I have now lost six straight. Right now,

Ow 80-71

Arsenal 80-71

Oso 79-72

Larry 75-76

The only good thing is that we all can't lose. All eleven games are in the division.

At one point the NL East was the joke of the league with all 4 teams under .500 after the all-star beak. But we have really turned it on and now we have 3 teams over .500

And I don't know what causes streaks to happen, but I am thanking the WIS gods. Currently on a 20-3 run. Best I have ever had. And still our division race is close.

i don't know, scbf, but that's what i'm rooting for.

i have to thread the needle, by winning out against larry, and hoping arsenal/boubucarow split. that way, we'd all finish with 86-76 records.

Going to finish over .500, very surprised.

Who finishes second in our division comes down to this evenings game. I'm on a 4 game losing streak and Eephus in on a 4 game winning streak, I'm due :popcorn:

Well shot. 3 way tie. Do we know how this plays out? Is there typically a day or two off before playoffs start? I'm flying out of town in.the morning and may be without internet for the day

In the case of a two-way tie at the end of the regular season in which a playoff appearance is at stake, a 1 game playoff will be scheduled between the two teams. This is only in a situation where only one of the two teams will make it into the playoffs. If both teams will make it into the playoffs, one as the division winner and the other as the wildcard, the divisional winner is determined by best head-to-head record. If they are the same, the next tiebreaker is divisional record. If they are still the same, a one-game tiebreaker is scheduled to determine who will be the divisional winner and who will be the wildcard.

In the case of a 3-way tie, the teams are ranked off of head-to-head records against the other two teams as teams A, B, C. It takes the team with the best head-to-head record as the A team. If the teams all have the same records against each other, it chooses one as the A team. Then the two remaining teams are ranked based off head-to-head against each other where the one with the most wins will be the B team. If the two teams have the same head-to-head records, it chooses one of them as the B team. Then a game is scheduled between the C and B teams where B is the home team. The winner of that game will be scheduled against team A where A is home. The winner of that game will win the spot in the playoffs.

In the case of a 4-way tie, it sets the teams as teams A, B, C and D arbitrarily. Two games are scheduled, one where B plays A where A is home and the other where D plays C where C is home. The winner of that game will play against each other where the home team will be the winner from the A-B game. The winner of that game will win the spot in the playoffs.

The same rules apply for divisional and wildcard tiebreakers, except all two-way ties will play one game tiebreakers.

if i counted correctly, i am an even 500 against the other two tied teams. i suspect that boubucarow is better than that, so i figure he'll be Team A. That would mean that Arsenal and i start with a one-game playoff. Winner of that game would then play boubucarow.

Amazingly pulled out the division in the 3-way elimination. After starting in a 5-19 hole I only had the outright lead for one game, after game 161.

Well, down 2-0 again. We'll see if I have any magic left.

Bronson Arroyo with 2 starts this postseason, one CGSO and one lasting 1/3 of an inning.

Chris Davis was the best player I have ever had in one of these by far:

.347/.428/.738

63 HR 176 RBI 138 Runs 226 Hits

Bondsian type season....for a last place team.

I didn't even expect to make the playoffs but my team managed to go 93-69 and sneak into the AL wild card. Got up 2-0 on the Running Robots in the LDS and then lost 3 straight. Oof.

Coco Crisp .298-29-75-30sb

Robbie Cano .320-36-94

Ryan Zimmerman .289-33-103

Domonic Brown .290-33-107

Jeff Baker with his best Shane Spencer impersonation, .318/.400/.745 with 13HR in 125 PA

Alex Cobb 15-5, 2.83

Martin Perez 11-4, 2.67

Kevin Correia somehow went 15-8 with a 4.58 ERA

Trevor Rosenthal 47 saves, 2.72 ERA

Well, looks like I am about done. I got off to a 2-0 lead against Arsenal, but he proceeded to win 3 straight. I now have to beat Cliff Lee and Zach Greinke back to back if I want to go to the World Series.

Oh well, it was a good run and a lot of fun.

Well, looks like I am about done. I got off to a 2-0 lead against Arsenal, but he proceeded to win 3 straight. I now have to beat Cliff Lee and Zach Greinke back to back if I want to go to the World Series.

The home team has won every game so far in the series.

I'm still amazed that I made it through 4 starts of Jose Fernandez and Matt Harvey in the Division round.

I'm still amazed that I made it through 4 starts of Jose Fernandez and Matt Harvey in the Division round.
:rant:

Managed to eke out a Game 6 win. Now it's 20 game winner Jordan Zimmermann vs. 21 game winner Zach Greinke for a trip to the World Series.

Win or lose, this has been fun.

Really hating that I lost Game 4 by giving up 4 runs in the bottom of the 8th with a 8-5 lead to lose 9-8. Damn bullpen.

Users who are viewing this thread