What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS MMXIII Back to the Future 3 - MLB107075 (1 Viewer)

My team has been comically bad, with no fatigue or any other apparent rationale behind it. Of particular note:

Stephen Drew: 62 PA - .138/.177/.172 vs. .253/.333/.443

Brian McCann: 55 PA - .184/.236/.245 vs. .256/.336/.461

Dexter Fowler: 66 PA - .217/.288/.278 vs. .263/.369/.407

Drew and McCann are even worse when you consider I'm using them pretty much in straight platoons so nearly all ABs are against RHP.

And my pitching staff that finished 1 or 2 in ERA and FIP during the season is at a team ERA of 4.79 despite having 60% of my games so far at AT&T.

So yeah, this sim sucks so far.

Don't you nerds know it is a little early to be complaining about numbers? :samplesize: :billjamesflex:

Don't you nerds know it is a little early to be complaining about numbers? :samplesize: :billjamesflex:
I wasnt complaining...just letting him know that it happens, especially early on. Slumps happen and they look much worse when you start out in one... :)

moops trades joe smith

bogart trades jeff keppinger
Blockbuster.
Welcome to the team Jeff

Code:
11moopsieJ.De La Rosa enters the game to pitch.J.Mercer hits a Texas Leaguer to RCF for a double.V.Martinez smokes a line drive single to LCF. J.Mercer scores.DPA.Jackson hits into a 5-4 fielder's choice.DPD.Wright hits a flyball 2-run homer to RCF.E.Gattis hits a groundball double down the leftfield line.B.Revere grounds out to 2B.J.Keppinger crushes a 2-run homer to LCF.A.Harang enters the game to pitch.S.Smith strikes out on a ball out of the zone.

moops trades joe smith

bogart trades jeff keppinger
Blockbuster.
Welcome to the team Jeff

11moopsieJ.De La Rosa enters the game to pitch.J.Mercer hits a Texas Leaguer to RCF for a double.V.Martinez smokes a line drive single to LCF. J.Mercer scores.DPA.Jackson hits into a 5-4 fielder's choice.DPD.Wright hits a flyball 2-run homer to RCF.E.Gattis hits a groundball double down the leftfield line.B.Revere grounds out to 2B.J.Keppinger crushes a 2-run homer to LCF.A.Harang enters the game to pitch.S.Smith strikes out on a ball out of the zone.
Meanwhile, Joe Smith throws two innings, gives up an unearned run and gets the win.

:hifive: :hifive:

Jason Bay is hitting .313/.400/.750.

Narrator: On the next 30 for 30...

Music plays: "Right here, right now...."

"He came out of nowhere." -Pedro Martinez

Video of Jason Bay hitting a home run for the Pagan Angels.

"Jason Bay? I thought the guy was done!" -radio host Scotty Farrell

Video of Jason Bay getting mobbed at home plate after a game winning homer.

Narrator: "Some men get tossed aside. And some of those men get thrown back into the fray and remind us of what they once were."

Video of Jason Bay getting pie faced after the game.

Narrator: "ESPN's 30 for 30 presents: Old Bay, New Day".
Since this announcement, Bay's average is now down to about .200 and he's in AAA.

Show's ovah. :(

Still looking to trade mediocre/crappy RP for mediocre/crappy IF/C.
Fixed. You won't trade for Luis Cruz. :(
Of players who have had over 150 ABs, Luis Cruz has the lowest OPS of any player since the new millennium. 10th lowest OPS since 1901. 112 seasons, and he's 10th worst of every single player. He's not even close to good enough to be considered just crappy. He literally one of the worst players of all time.

Of players who have had over 150 ABs, Luis Cruz has the lowest OPS of any player since the new millennium. 10th lowest OPS since 1901. 112 seasons, and he's 10th worst of every single player. He's not even close to good enough to be considered just crappy. He literally one of the worst players of all time.
Let me know who you're dealing. I have craptastic Alexi Casilla/Eric Kratz sitting in AAA ready to pounce on the league. They're yours if you want them, don't think I'll wind up using them :shrug:

Let me know who you're dealing. I have craptastic Alexi Casilla/Eric Kratz sitting in AAA ready to pounce on the league. They're yours if you want them, don't think I'll wind up using them :shrug:
Offer sent

Offer sent
Accepted :thumbup:

At what point do you need to accept that the sim has handed you a completely broken version of a player?

Through 124 ABs Stephen Drew is hitting .145/.200/.210, and is actually hitting worse against RHP at .127/.168/.206.

His .410 OPS is lower than all but one pitcher on my team. That seems like too big a sample to delta off of his .777 actual OPS with just bad luck behind it.

Trade offer sent, scoobus. Hopefully I'm not late to the MIF for RP train, because Ronny Cedeno is available.
Sorry GB, already made a trade with Kraft. I might end up doing this down the line though, seems like WIS has ramped up the fatigue this year.

Anyone else's bullpen really bad? I thought my pen would be one of my strengths. Everyone but Sonyny Gray has an ERA over 5.00 (Chapman, Breslow, Reed, etc)

Doh

In live this morning if anyone is around.

Nick Swisher has been awful, if anyone wants to trade OF for OF make me an offer.

Anyone else's bullpen really bad? I thought my pen would be one of my strengths. Everyone but Sonyny Gray has an ERA over 5.00 (Chapman, Breslow, Reed, etc)

Doh
All Huston Street does is blow saves.

Santiago Casilla and his BB/9 rate of 6.00 will be the closer now. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a bit of a dilemma. I am running two teams and TU's team has a horrible defensive OF. He has Marlon Byrd (C+/D+), Torii Hunter (B/D-), Nate McLouth (A/C-), with a little Christian Yelich (A/D+) off the bench. My regular team could use a hitter with a little power like Byrd or Hunter and I can move him either Michael Bourn (B+/B-) or Jon Jay (A/B) which will help shore up his defense and give me a little more pop.

Unfortunately, it doesnt feel right to make the trade because I am running both teams. Just want to see if anyone would have a problem with me doing it?

TU's team has extra OF at-bats if anyone wants to move a relief arm. I am tired of managing his fatigue and could use an extra arm.

Thanks.

Brady Marino said:
the moops said:

Doh
All Huston Street does is blow saves.

Santiago Casilla and his BB/9 rate of 6.00 will be the closer now. :unsure:
Yeah, the relief pitching has been subpar so far. I have 7 relievers, 2 of them had real life WHIPs of 1.26. The rest in order were 1.19, 1.12, 1.01, 0.93, 0.57.

In the sim those same relievers are: 2.02, 2.00, 1.63, 1.59, 1.30, 1.10, 0.99.

I have a bit of a dilemma. I am running two teams and TU's team has a horrible defensive OF. He has Marlon Byrd (C+/D+), Torii Hunter (B/D-), Nate McLouth (A/C-), with a little Christian Yelich (A/D+) off the bench. My regular team could use a hitter with a little power like Byrd or Hunter and I can move him either Michael Bourn (B+/B-) or Jon Jay (A/B) which will help shore up his defense and give me a little more pop.

Unfortunately, it doesnt feel right to make the trade because I am running both teams. Just want to see if anyone would have a problem with me doing it?

TU's team has extra OF at-bats if anyone wants to move a relief arm. I am tired of managing his fatigue and could use an extra arm.

Thanks.
The fact that you laid it all out here, and it makes sense for both teams. I have no issue with it.

The fact that I swept four games from TU at his place lets you know how bad his team is.

Thanks.
The fact that you laid it all out here, and it makes sense for both teams. I have no issue with it.

The fact that I swept four games from TU at his place lets you know how bad his team is.
If the WIS salaries are close, I'll support it.

Thanks.

If the WIS salaries are close, I'll support it.
Oh well, never mind. I guess you cant make a trade between two teams owned by the same person. I just went to propose the trade to look at salaries but it wont let me. No Problem.

I never really look at league standings until about the 25% mark so I didn't notice all the team names.

But a big :thumbup: to Larryboy for working in the sheepshead reference. I miss it. I've never been able to find a game outside of Wisconsin.

My team has been comically bad, with no fatigue or any other apparent rationale behind it. Of particular note:

Drew and McCann are even worse when you consider I'm using them pretty much in straight platoons so nearly all ABs are against RHP.

And my pitching staff that finished 1 or 2 in ERA and FIP during the season is at a team ERA of 4.79 despite having 60% of my games so far at AT&T.

13 in a row, and into 2nd place in the division.

13 in a row, and into 2nd place in the division.
Way to throw the jinx on on a streak by talking about it.

From 9 under .500 to 4 games over, it was a run.

Stephen Drew is still hitting a buck-fifty though.

Users who are viewing this thread