What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Woman advice (1 Viewer)

I'll try to keep it brief.

I first met my wife when I was 14. She was 16.  She was my cousins friend from high school and I used to spend the summers at my cousins acreage. I always had a huge crush on her, but thought she was way out of my league, partly because she was older (and cooler than me). At 18 she started dating my other cousins. He was 2 year older than her (and also way cooler than me). I would see her at all the family functions and we would hang out and talk. I think she knew I liked her, but I figured she was just being nice spending time with me. We were at a family wedding and she was there. She mentioned that her and my cousin had broke up a few weeks earlier. I took advantage of the situation and pulled out all my best moves. (But, it worked anyway.)  I was too young to know it, but I was in love. We had a connection that I never had with anyone else. Or, at least I felt that way.

Fast forward and my cousin comes back into the picture. He tells her he made a big mistake and they never should have broke up. Being naive, I actually felt bad for stepping in too early. We broke up so she could get back together with him. I didn't see her for about a year. Then one day she shows up at the Marina where I was working. She told me she broke up with my cousin a month after they got back together because he cheated on her. She didn't call because she didn't think I would take her back. We started dating again. I bought a ring after dating for 3 months. We were married a year later. 
See, a story like that is exactly why the details matter. All breakups are not created equal. Glad it worked out for you, KC. 

Users who are viewing this thread