What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wordle (3 Viewers)

If anyone is interested, I created an Excel sheet that tracks my scores on Wordle, Quordle and Nerdle (I lost my stats on a cache cleaning as well).Β  I assigned values to my results like it was golf (4 guesses is a par, 3 is a birdie etc.) and it tracks how far you are under par for the "tournament".Β  Β It can be easily adapted to other games you might play.Β  PM me if you want it.

Wordle 300 6/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

only had two tries left and it could’ve been 3 words so used a dummy word I knew it wouldn’t be in 5 in order to reveal the answer. Good trick somebody explained here a few weeks ago.Β 

Speaking of streaks, mine is only at 17.Β  For a while, I would go back and forth between playing on my phone first thing in the morning, or playing on the PC after arriving at the office.Β  Have committed to the phone now.Β  Also, my stats show my win % is 98%.Β  This irritates me bigly because I'm pretty sure I've not missed yet.Β  I think I may have started a game and not finished (or started on my phone and resumed on PC), resulting in a loss.Β  Arrgh.

I'll probably play until I score a 1, and then go out on top.

#waffle84 3/5

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩⭐🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩⭐🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩⭐🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

πŸ”₯ streak: 1
wafflegame.netΒ 

first time, took me a few minutes to figure it out.Β 

Wordle 300 6/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

only had two tries left and it could’ve been 3 words so used a dummy word I knew it wouldn’t be in 5 in order to reveal the answer. Good trick somebody explained here a few weeks ago.Β 
After you get to 100 you need to flip over to hard mode.

With you today, ending my streak of 3 or less

Wordle 300 6/6*

🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Same start here.Β  Could be dozens of different words, so I just started eliminating with the second two words.Β  I think it might be a better strategy then going straight in for the kill

stale - pinch - drake

Wordle 300 4/6

πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Any correct letters have to be used in the next guess - green ones have to be in the same spot.
Seems like that's the mindset many/most people start out with.

BTW, anybody think of Wordle like a par 4 hole in golf?

On the "hard mode" note, it's all a balance of aggressiveness, execution, and luck.

A hole in one is all luck.

An eagle is super aggressive and well-executed with a whole bunch of luck.

A Birdie is mostly what you're going for. Fairway, green, good putt.

Par is what you should get. Aren't super excited, but you did your job.

Bogey's and Double Bogey's are a combination of being too aggressive, poor execution, and bad luck.

As mentioned about the burner word, sometimes you have to stop being aggressive, get the damn ball back in the fairway and try to prevent a Triple Bogey.

Anyway, I propose calling "hard mode" "Tin Cup mode".

And also, things sometimes seem to go awry when you have a great drive and get a lot right on the opening word.

You get sugar plums dancing in your head trying to go for that eagle and stop gathering information.

Next thing you know, you're trying to just get out with a double bogey.

Seems like that's the mindset many/most people start out with.

BTW, anybody think of Wordle like a par 4 hole in golf?

On the "hard mode" note, it's all a balance of aggressiveness, execution, and luck.

A hole in one is all luck.

An eagle is super aggressive and well-executed with a whole bunch of luck.

A Birdie is mostly what you're going for. Fairway, green, good putt.

Par is what you should get. Aren't super excited, but you did your job.

Bogey's and Double Bogey's are a combination of being too aggressive, poor execution, and bad luck.

As mentioned about the burner word, sometimes you have to stop being aggressive, get the damn ball back in the fairway and try to prevent a Triple Bogey.

Anyway, I propose calling "hard mode" "Tin Cup mode".
That's a good analogy, and the guess distribution kind of reflects if the word is a par 3, 4, 5, where today's word was a par 5. It would be kind of cool if game developers could wrap a 72- hole tournament around the app, though you could never take it too seriously because people would obviously cheat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wordle 302 4/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Daily Quordle 83
7️⃣5️⃣
8️⃣3️⃣
quordle.com
🟩⬜🟨⬜🟨 ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟨🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟨🟩⬜⬜🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
Β 

Dumb guesses on tries 4 and 6, but it worked out.

Saved my dumb guess for near the end on octordle..

Daily Octordle #83
7οΈβƒ£πŸ•›
9️⃣8️⃣
3️⃣4️⃣
6οΈβƒ£πŸ”Ÿ
octordle.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Wordle 302 5/6

🟨🟨🟨🟩⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Daily Quordle 83
4️⃣6️⃣
5️⃣7️⃣
quordle.com
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟨🟩 ⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩 ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

Does word frequency play a role in these games? For my 3rd guess on wordle, I used a very common letter in the middle position, but the word was much less common than my guesses on 4 and 5, which used higher letter values in scrabble.

Users who are viewing this thread