What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Work Issue relationship advised needed after a situation I wasn't involved but was told about (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't mind though instead of just telling me to get another job or find it if anyone had any suggestions for what they think maybe I should Apply too.
Are you able to work construction - or are you able to take a civil service job like letter carrier or fireman? Maybe hook up with a plumber or electrician and learn a trade?

I wouldn't mind though instead of just telling me to get another job or find it if anyone had any suggestions for what they think maybe I should Apply too.
Any interest in going back to school? Accounting, IT, lab work are usually of interest to those on the spectrum. Sounds like you are pretty friendly and like conversation though. I hate it, your job would probably be hell on earth for me, crowds and unfamiliar people. Maybe something smaller scale and more personal. Learn to be a butcher perhaps. Or a better run market like a Trader Joe’s.

djax what do you like doing for work i mean like what intrests you take that to the bank brohan

Reason they keep the guy around is he's a body, shows up and never calls out. Now if he wasn't showing up all the time I think my department manager would've already gotten rid of him.

You will be surprised to find out just how effective this can be. This is probably 80% of the people in my organization.

It's falls for a lot of people at my work. Able body and show u and not late is why they aren't fired. The other stuff is too much paper work plus being in a Union management would rather stay as far away as possible from a mess like that if they can. I'm all for Unions but this is where I despise them the most. Certain people who should be terminated never are.

The guy is in his 60s and still doing coke?

Yep dude has never grown up. This dude also thinks wrestling is still real despite our one coworker, working part time in production for WWE when they'd come here and telling him it's not. Don't get me started on his relationship with his daughter and his grandkids or lack there of. He can't even remember the kids names.

Not about growing up, it is about dying. Cocaine is a young persons drug. When I was in college I workerd security at all major concerts in Metro-Detroit. Lots of after parties with lots of anything you want available. I tried coke 2-3 times and realized real quick this stuff will kill me and I was 21. My heart rate skyrocketed and could not sleep.

Could not imagine a person over 35 doing it let along in his 60s.

I get where you were going with it. I meant the dude thinks he's still young when he isn't. He's been doing cocaine since the mid 7Os or so

Morning DJax,

I would respect your girlfriends wishes for now. You have already told her your opinion and she has told you what she wants. If you want, calmly reiterate your opinion but don't show her or say anything about how much you hate the guy. Show her you are calm and measured. state your thoughts and tell her you support her decision. She needs to know that she can rely on you for that.

What the guy is doing is wrong. If you want to say something, the next time he is being out of line let him know in a calm voice that you don't appreciate the way he behaves and ask him to stop. You dont have to yell and scream, just stay cool. Its not a big deal. You're not threatening him or looking for a fight, you're just an adult asking another adult to please stop doing something inappropriate.

You will likely just embarrass the dude and hopefully he stops, at least while you're around.

My co worker assistant manager does this to him. In fact I'm not sure if I told you but we have another Autistic guy in our department he's 23 really great. The entertainment and joy he brings to the department is missed and known when he's not there. This guy came in for the night shift and started going off how no one did anything making comments about my boss etc. TJ the kid said something to him because he sees the guy as a bully goes after him daily which is an absolute riot and entertaining. The guy said something to him and my co manager reamed him knocked him down right there in front of the two of us and another person. He stayed quite for a pretty long time that day while we were there after that. Its been done before. The problem is we all know we'll have to repeat ourselves again after the fact continuously

My issues is because I'm autistic a lot of jobs I want the jobs don't really want to accommodate or go the extra length for people like myself. Maybe you can say it's discrimination but at the same time I can't prove it. The better answer is I don't think many companies will go out of their way to make those accommodations willing which hurts my productivity. I also need to find something paying $15 an hour with benefits.
Not sure if you have a Home Depot nearby but I know they pay pretty well and have benefits.

My 17 year old son got a job last year starting at $15 an hour. He's basically a lot associate so he does carts, helps people load stuff - just does whatever they need him to do. He doesn't do their health insurance but he's eligible for their 401k program and has been in there for almost a year. I believe they start matching after his one year anniversary since he's part time.

Anyway, they are really flexible with his schedule. And I would bet they would pay more for someone that was full time and you would probably qualify for other jobs as well. Or you could apply and just see what they had. But the pay has been great for him and a lot of the workers there are older so it seems to be a pretty mature environment.

May be worth looking into. I think their health benefits are pretty good from the brief time I looked at it.

You also may look at Costco also if you have one close by. Their benefits are AWESOME and they pay pretty good. A good friend of my wife and I works there and loves it. I also know they are pretty cool about their hiring practices from what I understand.

I know it's scary to make changes once you are in a routine, but maybe something to look at.

I got a Home Depot about a 1O minute drive so uber or bus would be necessary so I could maybe see if I could negotiate something for travel for the time being without a license. My dad is a carpenter so I know a few things already in the field. I'd do Costco but the closes one is a half hour away from me. There's a bus that goes out there but it's not even worth the hassle and time. I actually have 2 Home Depots close to me though.

Any interest in going back to school? Accounting, IT, lab work are usually of interest to those on the spectrum. Sounds like you are pretty friendly and like conversation though. I hate it, your job would probably be hell on earth for me, crowds and unfamiliar people. Maybe something smaller scale and more personal. Learn to be a butcher perhaps. Or a better run market like a Trader Joe’s.

Got a trader Joes near me. As you and others were aware my dad took over a property from a customer inherited when the dude died of COVID. Anyway The one tenant use to work at one of our stores in the Deli and worked with my current seafood manager. He now works at the Trader Joes down the street from the property 5 in walk or so. It's about 18 mins from where I live now. I was offered a full time position in our meat department but declined it respectfully. I was applying for something else they ended up needing to take down when they found out the person was coming back. I had to decline meat as I do not get along with the co manager over there who is out with a shoulder surgery. He's a bully and we do not agree with one another politically either. Best way to describe him he thinks his opinion is always right and you are always wrong, condescending and fits right in with the Jan 6th Crowd. He's was bullying a coworker of mine on the spectrum before going out and I had already reported him once with my union to my Store Manager who told him to knock it off. It worked I still try and say hi in passing etc but the dude is scared ****less of me now.

djax what do you like doing for work i mean like what intrests you take that to the bank brohan

Sports movie video games and history. Dream would be maybe working somewhere in sports where I could maybe work a few days from home and go into the office etc when I had to say meetings etc. Punch some data in a computer etc.

My issues is because I'm autistic a lot of jobs I want the jobs don't really want to accommodate or go the extra length for people like myself. Maybe you can say it's discrimination but at the same time I can't prove it. The better answer is I don't think many companies will go out of their way to make those accommodations willing which hurts my productivity. I also need to find something paying $15 an hour with benefits.
Not sure if you have a Home Depot nearby but I know they pay pretty well and have benefits.

My 17 year old son got a job last year starting at $15 an hour. He's basically a lot associate so he does carts, helps people load stuff - just does whatever they need him to do. He doesn't do their health insurance but he's eligible for their 401k program and has been in there for almost a year. I believe they start matching after his one year anniversary since he's part time.

Anyway, they are really flexible with his schedule. And I would bet they would pay more for someone that was full time and you would probably qualify for other jobs as well. Or you could apply and just see what they had. But the pay has been great for him and a lot of the workers there are older so it seems to be a pretty mature environment.

May be worth looking into. I think their health benefits are pretty good from the brief time I looked at it.

You also may look at Costco also if you have one close by. Their benefits are AWESOME and they pay pretty good. A good friend of my wife and I works there and loves it. I also know they are pretty cool about their hiring practices from what I understand.

I know it's scary to make changes once you are in a routine, but maybe something to look at.

I got a Home Depot about a 1O minute drive so uber or bus would be necessary so I could maybe see if I could negotiate something for travel for the time being without a license. My dad is a carpenter so I know a few things already in the field. I'd do Costco but the closes one is a half hour away from me. There's a bus that goes out there but it's not even worth the hassle and time. I actually have 2 Home Depots close to me though.

I had interest in say Best Buy yrs ago but it's going down hill as many people buy online. I had a former coworker go and work there before he died suddenly of a blood clot after being hit in the leg while playing roller hockey. Thought nothing off it died in his sleep. He worked at a BestBuy. Seemed to like it but this was well before shopping online and game and music digital purchases became a huge thing.

My brother has had a number of grocery store jobs (Shop Rite and Whole Foods) and has settled in at Trader Joe’s. Not sure if you have one near you but he really likes them and say they have good health insurance as he has some health issues so that is an important issue for him. Might want to check them out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread