What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Workaholics (1 Viewer)

I'll give last night a B grade wiht regarads to Workaholiics episodes. It was pretty damn funny but there have been better episodes. The 2nd half was much better than the first though,with several LOL moments.

Wasn't the best last night, but I give them a pass based on prior work. Agree with the B grade for last night.

lotta dong in that episode.

The 'Cuda was Alex from Saved by the Bell college Years, which made me feel about 100 years old

Wasn't the best last night, but I give them a pass based on prior work. Agree with the B grade for last night.
B is generous, that was a C+ episode and since you'd think they'd want to start the season strong, that concerns me.I have high hopes for them, but much like "the league" I anticipate them running out of material after 20-30 episodes and becoming lame.

B is generous, that was a C+ episode and since you'd think they'd want to start the season strong, that concerns me.I have high hopes for them, but much like "the league" I anticipate them running out of material after 20-30 episodes and becoming lame.
First episodes of the first two seasons kinda sucked too, though. In fact I'd say the first two episodes of both seasons were among the worst of the show's run. First season was the pee test and the Clippers game, second season was the high school one and the one where they try to stay sober for a week.

First episodes of the first two seasons kinda sucked too, though. In fact I'd say the first two episodes of both seasons were among the worst of the show's run. First season was the pee test and the Clippers game, second season was the high school one and the one where they try to stay sober for a week.
Pee test is top 5, IMO."Those scientists better check their hypotenuses dude!"

you know what, that's a great point.

you know what, that's a great point.
I agree 100% on The League, which started well and went downhill fast, but I've got a lot of faith in these guys. They're just flat out hilarious, and they've got these characters down pat. Plus they started out with the absurd so they can't have the same problem as The League did when it ran out of jokes and had to start creating stupid stuff like cocaine toilets.

Oddly enough, that episode was originally listed as E3 for this season. It's still 303 on the Comedy Central website. Obviously sequence doesn't really matter to this show, but it still seems unusual that they would pick that episode to move up.

Overall I agree with C+ for a grade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, if only there were more dental jokes.
lolzi don't need dental jokes.but the parts i think are the funniest revolve around their office job schtick, any sexual jokes, or general shenanigansthe heavy drug stuff i always find less funny... maybe because i've never lived that lifestyle... alcohol has generally been my only drug.so the episodes this season as well as the mushroom trip when they camped out in the office were always less funny

Yeah, if only there were more dental jokes.
lolzi don't need dental jokes.but the parts i think are the funniest revolve around their office job schtick, any sexual jokes, or general shenanigansthe heavy drug stuff i always find less funny... maybe because i've never lived that lifestyle... alcohol has generally been my only drug.so the episodes this season as well as the mushroom trip when they camped out in the office were always less funny
Sounds like you're watching the wrong show then.

Watched the 1st season on Netflix. Seems like they used all their funny jokes in the 1st 2 episodes. After that the show got progressively worse and less funny.

Poop dollar was great though.

Sounds like you're watching the wrong show then.
they don't need the heavy drug angle to be funny.the episodes where they goto the Insane Clown Posse concert and the "to catch a predator" and the road trip where they were cooking waffles in the car were hilarious episodes and didn't need any drugs other than booze.These guys have been better than this in the past.if this is what they are going to resort to, you're right it's the wrong show for me moving forward.

The "To Catch a Predator" ep had tons of weed references (Adam bear needs to eat, RAWR!), they get a vaporizer in the mail and their drug dealer gets arrested in the first 2 minutes... maybe you just like that one because a weed dealer went to jail and a peado (beiber_hole69)runs wild.

BTW, ep3 is on Demonoid, super tightbutthole

I'm pretty disappointed in season 3 so far. They are going too heavy on the drug angle. The drug references are funny at times, but these first two episodes have had drugs as the central plot line.

Hopefully the show picks up over the rest of the season. It just hasn't been that funny so far.

episode 3 available on the community file networks is HILARIOUS.

those types of episodes are why i watch the show.

nice work... that one was solid!

they've got me roped back in after 2 bombs

after being highly disappointed by the first 2 episodes, they have knocked it out of the park for the last 3.

sorry for doubting you guys... high stupid comedy.

just opening into a conversation about N' sync is hilarious to me.

in terms of character hilarity:

Adam > Ders >>>>>>> Blake > Montez >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> their drug dealer >>>> the rest

in terms of character hilarity:Adam > Ders >>>>>>> Blake > Montez >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> their drug dealer >>>> the rest
This is dead-on for me, though I would flip Adam and Ders. I think Ders is supposed be more of a set-up guy for Adam, but his serious demeanor makes the ridiculousness a lot funnier to me. Last two seasons he's been the best.

Adam: How much to punch your mother in the face?Ders: And you really got to try and knock her outBlake: 30 Grand, and I'm layin' that chick out COLD! Lovely woman, but POW!
I friggin love this show.

I'd put Jillian at the Montez level in terms of humor.
interesting... she doesn't do much for me... although i should've probably mentioned her... she does rate above the drug dealer for me (Carl?)I think "alice" is a good actress but she'd more there for reactions and stuff and is just part of the funny rather than bringing it

in terms of character hilarity:Adam > Ders >>>>>>> Blake > Montez >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> their drug dealer >>>> the rest
This is dead-on for me, though I would flip Adam and Ders. I think Ders is supposed be more of a set-up guy for Adam, but his serious demeanor makes the ridiculousness a lot funnier to me. Last two seasons he's been the best.
You guys are underselling Montez.

I'd put Jillian at the Montez level in terms of humor.
interesting... she doesn't do much for me... although i should've probably mentioned her... she does rate above the drug dealer for me (Carl?)
Maybe it's just me then, but she's had her moments. FYI (which you may already know) the actor who plays Karl is actually one of the executive producers and has directed almost all of the eps. Not a funny character though.

You guys are underselling Montez.
the guy is a baller. Very funny

Maybe it's just me then, but she's had her moments. FYI (which you may already know) the actor who plays Karl is actually one of the executive producers and has directed almost all of the eps. Not a funny character though.
yup, i knew carl was teh 4th member of the clan and that he's more on the other side of the camera.but his character blows. I wonder if he is more funny in real life

Users who are viewing this thread