What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

World Leader draft (1 Viewer)

I don't think there's any religious or historical dispute as to whether Jesus existed. It's whether he's the "Son of God" that's in question. Either way, I say good pick.

LOLMaybe we should clarify that "grey" area.
Jesus was the other "person" I considered with my first overall pick.I'd say it's legit and a great pick at 1.03. I'm surprised he went after Muhammad, which I felt was a real reach at 1.02.

I don't think there's any religious or historical dispute as to whether Jesus existed. It's whether he's the "Son of God" that's in question. Either way, I say good pick.
Actually, there is. But let's let it go for now.

No one can select God, or other deities....unless they existed and were well known in human form.Nor Satan.Sorry, just clarifying...we'll leave the existing choices alone.

Last edited:
Actually, there is. But let's let it go for now.
Muslims recognize Jesus as a real religious figureJews recognize Jesus as a real religious figureChristians.. obviouslyOutside of that, I'm not sure who you're reading but they're probably stoned.

Muslims recognize Jesus as a real religious figureJews recognize Jesus as a real religious figureChristians.. obviouslyOutside of that, I'm not sure who you're reading but they're probably stoned.
Real religious figure - yes.Actual real live person - debated.But like I said. For the purposes of this draft, I don't care.

There are no contemporary historical accounts of Jesus.Josephus who is the first "non-Christian" to write of him was born 40 years after his death. The first gospel is likely at least 70 years after his death. The most comprehensive Jewish historian of the age wrote about other "Messiah" figures, but not Christ. Obviously this isn't definitive proof either way, and many figures from antiquity don't appear in the record until years later either, but that's the basis of the "dispute".

I see where you guys are coming from, but given how long ago that was, all you really have to go on are religious documents anyway - documents that are often used for historic purposes. To allow it is the right thing. Otherwise you're opening a can of worms when it comes to ancient historic figures in general.

I'm in.I'll draft @ 1.12I take Georgie Porgie.At 2.01, I'll take Daddy.The rest of mine will be write-ins, like the Fingermonkey, Rush Limbaugh and the DC mayor...it won't matter.Since this goes to vote...on THIS board, I am sure to win. :D

1.02The Prophet Muhammad - Good Religious LeaderMuhammad (prophet) (570?-632), founder of Islam, whose prophetic teachings, encompassing political and social as well as religious principles, became the basis of Islamic civilization and have had a vast influence on world history.Muhammad's foundations for Islamic civilization allowed for continued progress throughout the Muslim world during the Dark Ages of Western Europe, with advancement in law, science, philosophy, and mathematics. He began battling the Meccans in 624, gaining total submission of an army of 10,000 by 630.
I believe this will turn out to be Dillon-esque, wait, it's a QB, so more like Plummer

I'm in.I'll draft @ 1.12I take Georgie Porgie.At 2.01, I'll take Daddy.The rest of mine will be write-ins, like the Fingermonkey, Rush Limbaugh and the DC mayor...it won't matter.Since this goes to vote...on THIS board, I am sure to win. :D
or, not.Unless you are serious.About being in, not the gay pre-selections you've listed.

or, not.Unless you are serious.About being in, not the gay pre-selections you've listed.
...just a joke...relax, chief.You have my interest, but not my participation...won't be around much this week.This has the makings of a FbG's instant classic.Carry on...

1.02The Prophet Muhammad - Good Religious LeaderMuhammad (prophet) (570?-632), founder of Islam, whose prophetic teachings, encompassing political and social as well as religious principles, became the basis of Islamic civilization and have had a vast influence on world history.Muhammad's foundations for Islamic civilization allowed for continued progress throughout the Muslim world during the Dark Ages of Western Europe, with advancement in law, science, philosophy, and mathematics. He began battling the Meccans in 624, gaining total submission of an army of 10,000 by 630.
I believe this will turn out to be Dillon-esque, wait, it's a QB, so more like Plummer
Are you talking about the pick or the paragraph? Of all the days to be on the ####ty computer. :wall: :wall:

1.02The Prophet Muhammad - Good Religious LeaderMuhammad (prophet) (570?-632), founder of Islam, whose prophetic teachings, encompassing political and social as well as religious principles, became the basis of Islamic civilization and have had a vast influence on world history.Muhammad's foundations for Islamic civilization allowed for continued progress throughout the Muslim world during the Dark Ages of Western Europe, with advancement in law, science, philosophy, and mathematics.  He began battling the Meccans in 624, gaining total submission of an army of 10,000 by 630.
Are you talking about the pick or the paragraph? Of all the days to be on the ####ty computer. :wall: :wall:
pick....paragraph can be edited

I'm in.I'll draft @ 1.12I take Georgie Porgie.At 2.01, I'll take Daddy.The rest of mine will be write-ins, like the Fingermonkey, Rush Limbaugh and the DC mayor...it won't matter.Since this goes to vote...on THIS board, I am sure to win.  :D
...just a joke...relax, chief.You have my interest, but not my participation...won't be around much this week.This has the makings of a FbG's instant classic.Carry on...
why are so many missing my sarcasm lately.....need more smilies I guessHEY NCCOMMISH! LET'S GO. Jeesh, the early rounds are supposed to be the fast ones.

I'm in.I'll draft @ 1.12I take Georgie Porgie.At 2.01, I'll take Daddy.The rest of mine will be write-ins, like the Fingermonkey, Rush Limbaugh and the DC mayor...it won't matter.Since this goes to vote...on THIS board, I am sure to win.  :D
why are so many missing my sarcasm lately.....need more smilies I guessHEY NCCOMMISH! LET'S GO. Jeesh, the early rounds are supposed to be the fast ones.
NCCommish will probably pick Stalin. I recommend you saddle him with Jimmy Carter if this happens.

I recommend you saddle him with Jimmy Carter if this happens.
it's a legitimate Female-K-Evil choice....I wouldn't want to trump somebody

I've PM'd NCCommish....hopefully, a pick will be forthcoming.

Yankee, any new baseball FA rumors floating around up there?
Orioles are tops on the list to get Vlad. Tigers are probably going to get Fernando Vina. The Devil Rays are talking to Carl Everett. The Royals are going after Benito Santiago. The new Rafael Palmiero rumor is the Marlins. The Phillies are looking at Ugy Urbina. Some other minor things. Nothing big.

Wow - I drove like a madman to get back to the office ... but now I wait, too. C'mon NC! I'm ready to pop with 1.5.

from No Way Out?seriously, no spoilers....even though I know at least Patsfan is kidding.

I'm gettin' squeezed again. I'm leaving work to pick up my daughter. I should have time to check in from home at around 3:30 cst.

Who's going to start a run on kickersthats my question.
it's been my question since I created the position - I like it.And I have already made my selection......

it's been my question since I created the position - I like it.And I have already made my selection......
I'm thinking of going kicker in the first round. As I see it, there are only 2 women worthy of even being considered on these lists.

I'm thinking of going kicker in the first round. As I see it, there are only 2 women worthy of even being considered on these lists.
I thought of 3oh, and holy ####! I've been really active today, between this and the USC/UM threads....I've almost put up 150 posts. I'm officially a freak. And I grossed over $3,000 today, too!

Nah, I think kickers are rather balanced. There are some top choices, but it doesn't have the severe dropoff that at least one other position has.Edit to say: NCCommish, c'mon dude, you're messing me up. Now I've got to head to the airport to send my son to California for five days of h.s. club volleyball. If 1.4 doesn't go off soon, I'm stuck for a while. MTS, I'll PM you my 1.5 pick (that will go if NCCommish doesn't pick him/her). You can post it if it stands. If not, it'll have to wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, I think kickers are rather balanced. There are some top choices, but it doesn't have the severe dropoff that at least one other position has.Edit to say: NCCommish, c'mon dude, you're messing me up. Now I've got to head to the airport to send my son to California for five days of h.s. club volleyball. If 1.4 doesn't go off soon, I'm stuck for a while. MTS, I'll PM you my 1.5 pick (that will go if NCCommish doesn't pick him/her). You can post it if it stands. If not, it'll have to wait.
send it

MTS - it's sent. I'm out. I'll check in as soon as I'm back, but we're about out of east-coast work-time so I'm guessing it will slow down for a bit. Here's hoping NCC checks in - but a lot of pressure on him after holding up the early show!

MTS - it's sent. I'm out. I'll check in as soon as I'm back, but we're about out of east-coast work-time so I'm guessing it will slow down for a bit. Here's hoping NCC checks in - but a lot of pressure on him after holding up the early show!
got it. If NCC doesn't post in the next hour, I'll be headed home, too.

Users who are viewing this thread