What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would the Packers have let Nall go... (1 Viewer)

I want to see Brett return as much as anyone else and I don't like Nall leaving but I think this is completely unrelated. Rodgers is the future, if Brett leaves they are turning the team over to him. The last thing they would want if Favre leaves is another young QB waiting in the wings as Rodgers inevitably struggles through his first year as starter.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=409471

Maybe it's a sign Craig Nall knows something about Brett Favre that the rest of the world doesn't.

On Sunday night, Nall reached terms with the Buffalo Bills on a free-agent contract, ending his four-year run with the Green Bay Packers. If Nall, who is close friends with Favre and recently went on a hunting trip with him, thought Favre was going to retire he might not have been so eager to find a job somewhere else.

Nall was unavailable for comment, so it's unclear what his thinking was, but his agent, Robb Nelson, said in an e-mail Sunday night that Nall had agreed to a three-year deal with the Bills. If Nall had stayed in Green Bay, he would have been in the running for the starting job had Favre retired, even with 2005 first-round pick Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wings.

New Packers coach Mike McCarthy had made it a point to meet with Nall and tell him the Packers wanted him back, even though they couldn't promise him anything more than the No. 3 spot. But Nall had made it clear from the beginning that he wanted to shop the market to see if he could find more playing time, especially knowing there was a chance Favre would come back.

In Buffalo, Nall will be behind 2004 first-round pick J.P. Losman, who was supposed to be the team's franchise quarterback, and veteran Kelly Holcomb. However, it's thought the Bills will part with one of the two quarterbacks and Nall will have a chance to fight for the starting job this summer.

Neither Holcomb nor Losman will have the advantage over Nall of working with a familiar coaching staff because the Bills brought in **** Jauron to replace Mike Mularkey, who resigned at the end of last season. As a result, Nall has a legitimate shot at competing for the starting job.

Packers | Nall thinks Favre will be back; his leaving is not a sign

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:19:21 -0800

Jason Wilde, of the Wisconsin State Journal, reports Buffalo Bills QB Craig Nall believes his friend, Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre, will return to the Packers in 2006, but he said his signing in Buffalo should not be seen as a sign of that happening. "Don't read anything into it. I told y'all at the end of the season I was going to explore all the possibilities, and my decision has nothing to do with what Brett's going to do - because I don't know," Nall said Monday night, March 20, one day after agreeing to a three-year deal with the Bills that could be worth as much as $6 million with incentives. "I talked to Brett this morning - I've talked to him probably four or five times since the season ended - and he has no idea what he wants to do."

So will Brett give a hint as to whether he'll return, say, before the kickoff of the week 1 game?

A career 3rd stringer signed with a team that didn't have a clear cut starter in 2005. This is a guy hoping to get lucky and get a chance to play, nothing more.

On one side, that could be interpretted as a huge vote of confidence in Rodgers - which his owners in dynasty leagues have to see as a glimmer of hope.

On the other hand, GB has a ton of FA $$$ to throw around and may just be cutting bait with Nall and will be adding a vet QB to back up Favre in the coming year (Harrington, perhaps? :lmao: )

My thought is that if Favre doesn't return, Brooks will be brought in to back up Rodgers (unless he signs with someone before Favre decides..)

My thought is that if Favre doesn't return, Brooks will be brought in to back up Rodgers (unless he signs with someone before Favre decides..)
Good point but I'd guess that Brooks will start. Rodgers isn't ready.

I could see that...he or Griese brought in to backup if Rodgers is that bad...

So will Brett give a hint as to whether he'll return, say, before the kickoff of the week 1 game?
:rolleyes:
Wow, John Madden posts here. I did not know that.
YEah...cause rolling my eyes at a foolish post means I am on the guy's jock.And yet again... :rolleyes:
:goodposting: What do you expect from a Favre hater. :lmao:
A Favre hater? Show me evidence of that. If you think that Favre's such a hero that he can delay without criticism indicating his plans until most if not all of the FA QB talent is gone from the market, then it's your view on Favre that's skewed and not mine.

I seem to recall Barry Sanders, a guy with equivalent Hall of Fame credentials to Favre for, if anything an inferior and less deserving franchise, getting blasted for the very same sort of thing a few years back.

I seem to recall Barry Sanders, a guy with equivalent Hall of Fame credentials to Favre for, if anything an inferior and less deserving franchise, getting blasted for the very same sort of thing a few years back.
The difference of course is that Sanders retired & left DET twisting in the wind, whereas there is no indication that Favre will do the same other than some "eckspurts" trying to earn their money by reading between the lines.

:rolleyes:
Wow, John Madden posts here. I did not know that.
YEah...cause rolling my eyes at a foolish post means I am on the guy's jock.And yet again... :rolleyes:
:goodposting: What do you expect from a Favre hater. :lmao:
A Favre hater? Show me evidence of that. (See below) l

l

l

l

l

l

l

V

If you think that Favre's such a hero that he can delay without criticism indicating his plans until most if not all of the FA QB talent is gone from the market, then it's your view on Favre that's skewed and not mine.

:lmao:

A Favre hater? Show me evidence of that. (See below)

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

V

If you think that Favre's such a hero that he can delay without criticism indicating his plans until most if not all of the FA QB talent is gone from the market, then it's your view on Favre that's skewed and not mine.

So any criticism of Favre = "Favre hating" in your world. As I said above . . .

A Favre hater?  Show me evidence of that. (See below)

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

V

So any criticism of Favre = "Favre hating" in your world. As I said above . . .
No but when people write garbage about Favre it is "Favre hating".Comparing his situation to Sanders=garbage. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread