What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you feel comfortable drafting CJ2K (1 Viewer)

I'm targeting him as my RB2 wherever and whenever I can. The O-line has been buffed and as your RB2 you couldn't ask for more upside. He's also never missed a game aside from one during his rookie season.

If you twisted my arm, I'd probably be willing to draft him in the first round, too. I wouldn't expect him to win the league for me, but I wouldn't expect him to lose it, either. With the much improved blocking, I think his days of 11 carries for 4 yards are behind him. And it was those occasional turds that allowed him to sink to the levels he did, which still weren't all that bad, even though there were some H2H week killers in there.

If his rough days go back to being 20 for 60, like they are for most guys, and his big days stay big, and the improved O offers him a few more chances at TD's, there's not a single back in the NFL I'd be comfortable taking head to head against him over a season's worth of production for any substantial wager.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like him as a RB2 also. Not comfortable as my RB1 though.

In response to previous query... Yes, I like him much better than SJax.

I'd be more comfortable later in the 2nd, but I am generally buying into CJ having a bounce back season.

He wouldn't be my top target if I had an early 2, but he is in my top 18-20 overall.

I bought him at an auction this year in a dynasty, to go with J. Charles as my co starter. I dont see much difference in them and I paid almost the same price for both contracts. Blocking makes a very big deal (look at Emmit Smith's career) and having Mr. Warmack aboard blowing holes as well as Delaney Walker (ex 49er) is going to make things go for CJ2K.

I'd be more comfortable later in the 2nd, but I am generally buying into CJ having a bounce back season.

He wouldn't be my top target if I had an early 2, but he is in my top 18-20 overall.
Odds are he won't fall that far. I believe he's ranked 23rd via ESPN but he didn't even come close to falling that far in a draft I had last night. It's sad, because for half a second I actually thought I'd be able to pair him with McCoy.

Would you take him over steven Jackson? .5 ppr
Yes but more so because CJ is younger, has less tread on his tires and has remained healthier than SJax through-out his career. I think they have comparable ceilings at this point but I believe CJ's floor to be higher.

i think if they run a little read option with him and jake the snake that'll really help him break some even longer runs (as long as jake knows what the hell he is doing). would feel comfortable with him as my rb 2 if i can get him mid to late round 2.

RB 12 in standard scoring last year...upgraded line...question marks at QB and WR meaning an increased effort on the run game IMO...yes, I would easily take him in the 2nd and even late 1st.

I took him at the 2.01 turn last week. I'm expecting a bounce back season and the occasional 3 point game.

I have the luxury of the #1 pick. I am taking ADP. I would #### my pants if CJ2K fell to me.

I would draft him in a heartbeat this year.

If they can pass well, he could be the top RB. If they continue to struggle passing, 2nd round is probably reasonable. There must be other weapons that concern the D.

Targeting him at 2.08 in my PPR league, which is right in the area he should be going. As deep as WR is this year, pairing CJ with an RB in the Charles/Martin/Spiller category looks extremely attractive right now. Things look better for CJ this year than they have for awhile. RB11-12 should be his floor. I can't think of a RB in the top 20 that has a better shot at outperforming his ADP by such a wide margin.

Got him in rd 4 picking out the 5th slot in my 12 man league. Hell yea!!
This is just ridiculous. There are maybe 2 leagues in all of redraft FF where this would happen.
I could see this happening in a 2qb league
That's the 44th pick though. Even in the extremely rare case that every player took 1.5qbs in the first 3 rounds (unlikely in a 2qb league), that still would be CJ going 26th overall which is late.

I got him @ 4.06 in my 12 man dynasty start up league , he was my 5th pick (42nd overall) after JCharles , LMcCoy , VCruz , JNelson ... I obviously traded up in rd 1 and rd 4 to get additional picks but he was there. I was thrilled .

God help me, but yes, I'd like to have Johnson as my RB2 this year. The reason is, God help me, Shonn Greene. With Warmack and Levitre at guard Greene has looked like a good NFL back. If he looks that good CJ might actually approach 2K again.

Something else to keep in mind is Tennessee begins the regular season with matchups against Pittsburgh and Houston, so you may have to be patient. And if you aren't able to draft him I'd look to buy low after week 2.

Got him in rd 4 picking out the 5th slot in my 12 man league. Hell yea!!
This is just ridiculous. There are maybe 2 leagues in all of redraft FF where this would happen.
I could see this happening in a 2qb league
That's the 44th pick though. Even in the extremely rare case that every player took 1.5qbs in the first 3 rounds (unlikely in a 2qb league), that still would be CJ going 26th overall which is late.
Its a 1qb league, started martin, aj green , julio, chris johnson

Have him as RB3 on one team (I know no one cares). But I've received about three or four times the amount of trade offers for him than any other player on my team, from four or five different owners, I think a lot of people are buying the resurgence of CJ2K

Targeting him at 2.08 in my PPR league, which is right in the area he should be going. As deep as WR is this year, pairing CJ with an RB in the Charles/Martin/Spiller category looks extremely attractive right now. Things look better for CJ this year than they have for awhile. RB11-12 should be his floor. I can't think of a RB in the top 20 that has a better shot at outperforming his ADP by such a wide margin.
I wish he would drop that far but I haven't witnessed it in my any of my smaller leagues or any of my mocks. He typically gets taken right after the turn (2.01-2.03).

God help me, but yes, I'd like to have Johnson as my RB2 this year. The reason is, God help me, Shonn Greene. With Warmack and Levitre at guard Greene has looked like a good NFL back. If he looks that good CJ might actually approach 2K again.
Besides the Warmack and Levitre upgrades here, I have no idea what youre trying to say in regards to Greene helping CJ have a huge year.

The inconsistency is what makes me hesitate on CJ. The big games are great, but ever since the 2K year he has had to have more awful games (<5pts non-PPR, <6-7pts PPR just as a ballpark) than any other highly regarded RB - that has remained healthy and played in a ton of games to boot.

While I think the improved OL diminishes that, its hard for me to forget.

Besides the Warmack and Levitre upgrades here, I have no idea what youre trying to say in regards to Greene helping CJ have a huge year.
Greene has awful vision as he seemingly looks for contact at the LOS. The O-line has to dominate (i.e, open up running lanes the size of a mac truck) to make Greene look good. Amazingly, they did exactly that vs. WAS which admittedly made my draw drop. I can see where he's coming from as I too factored that into my decision to specifically target CJ2K as my RB2 wherever it was possible.

Greene has awful vision as he seemingly looks for contact at the LOS. The O-line has to dominate (i.e, open up running lanes the size of a mac truck) to make Greene look good. Amazingly, they did exactly that vs. WAS which admittedly made my draw drop. I can see where he's coming from as I too factored that into my decision to specifically target CJ2K as my RB2 wherever it was possible.
When I first read that part it didnt make sense, probably because Im ready for bed, but when you put it that way. Certainly.

I'm saying that in two preseason games, behind tennessee's revamped oline, Shonn Greene has logged 6.4 and 4.8 ypc respectively. Yes that Shonn Greene, who will get the yards that are blocked for him and no more. If a back like Greene can average 5.6 ypc then I think Johnson could have a really big year.

I will take him anywhere in the second round, especially if I took a RB in the 1st.

I have him in a few leagues. I was only able to get him in 1 of my 3 main leagues though...everybody seems to be grabbing him now that word about his O-line is out and everybody and their brother saw the pre season game replay 25 times.

My hopes for a round 2 pick are usually Jones-Drew or Chris Johnson. If I can get one or the other, I am happy, and feel like I may have taken a step towards winning my league. More risk to MJD of course, but more upside as well IMO.

He's a boom or bust candidate IMO. A lot of guys were saying the past two seasons that he had lost a step. Personally, that's not what I was seeing. IMO his OL wasn't getting it done. He was getting hit in the backfield way too often. If he is running behind an effective OL that can get off the ball and move the line of scrimmage to the defenses side, he's still one of if not the most explosive RB in the league. CJ2k isn't ADP. He's not the kind of back that can get hit in the backfield break a tackle and still make something happen. That's just not his game. I watched part of the first preseason game and the OL looked like they were getting some movement up front. If they can do that all year, he'll be a top back, but that's a big if. From where I'm sitting his OL play will have more to do with how he performs this year than his own abilities, which still look elite to me.

Redskins rush D isn't looking all that great this preseason.<--- skins fan

I think CJ will have a solid year. IMO, the only things that could keep him out of RB1 territory is injury (duh) or being Lendaled out of a lot of short yardage TDs.

I think CJ will have a solid year. IMO, the only things that could keep him out of RB1 territory is injury (duh) or being Lendaled out of a lot of short yardage TDs.
he had his best years with Lendale. I think part of his problem is that he needs a battering ram type RB to pair up with because he's not the guy that's going to put his head down and punish the defense and tire them out. I think he's more effective when he can have someone else do that job and then when the defense is half a step slow he can get that crease and go.

he had his best years with Lendale. I think part of his problem is that he needs a battering ram type RB to pair up with because he's not the guy that's going to put his head down and punish the defense and tire them out. I think he's more effective when he can have someone else do that job and then when the defense is half a step slow he can get that crease and go.
Lendale was a factor only in CJ's rookie year (2008), when he ciphoned 15 TDs away from CJ. By 2009 (his 2K year) and 2010, White was a non-factor and then out of the picture, and it was all CJ all the time.

I agree that after 5 years as a feature back, CJ would be more effective with a battering ram complement. But the bottom line is that if he loses short yardage TDs, that's going to suppress his fantasy stats to some degree.

How is this even discussion?

You've seen what CJ's FLOOR IS... as your RB2, you should be chugging peens to have him.

How is this even discussion?

You've seen what CJ's FLOOR IS... as your RB2, you should be chugging peens to have him.
I agree. Through prior performances he has shown that RB2 is basically his floor. Yet there are reasons to think he might do a little better this year (mostly the O-line). So if you can take him as your RB2...seems like a no-brainer.

I've seen plenty of owners disappointed with him, but much of the time they had taken him as their RB1. With the plethora of first round RB's this year he can easily be had as an RB2...or as an RB1 after having taken Calvin. That's just plain awesome.

I know noone cares - but just for perspective, in my very competitive 12 man (non PPR) league, from the 10 spot I took Morris and then CJ2K (without a second's hesitation)

Morris and CJ2K.

A legit shot at having 2 top 5 RBs. Why would you hesitate?

i guess it all comes down to is the o-line that much better than last year?... because CJ was incredibly indecisive last year if the hole wasn't 3 yards wide....

hmmm.. I'm drafting 8th in a 10 team redraft PPR league and haven't even considered him.. Unless by some stupid reason he drops back to me at pick 28.

Right now, looking at the ADP for PPR's I see it as( line through those that will be gone for sure by pick 8):

Adrian Peterson
Doug Martin
C.J. Spiller
Jamaal Charles
Arian Foster
LeSean McCoy
Trent Richardson
Ray Rice
Alfred Morris
Marshawn Lynch
Matt Forte
Chris Johnson

Of those left, I assume some of them will be gone also, but other then Alfred Morris, I can't see passing on any of them for Chris Johnson..

Knowing my league, I expect Rodgers and possibly Brees, as well as Calvin Johnson and maybe AJ Green or Dez Bryant to be gone before my pick at 13.

Let's assume at pick 8 I get one of the RB's on that list.. and by my next pick by some stupid luck, some of the others are still there..

Is there anyone on that list you'd take Chris Johnson over?

Just seeing some mentioning Chris Johnson as RB1 and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around skipping one of those listed( other then maybe Morris) for him :confused:

I know noone cares - but just for perspective, in my very competitive 12 man (non PPR) league, from the 10 spot I took Morris and then CJ2K (without a second's hesitation)

Morris and CJ2K.

A legit shot at having 2 top 5 RBs. Why would you hesitate?
This is why he's going shortly after the turn. Anyone getting him late 2nd is lucky as ####.

Shonn ####### Greene scored like a 20+yd TD with this o-line.

SHONN GREENE!!!!

How else can I put this?

Shonn ####### Greene scored like a 20+yd TD with this o-line.

SHONN GREENE!!!!

How else can I put this?
ya know

i am still not sure how much of Mr Green's past was him sucking and how much was the jets being a sinkhole of crapiness, i tend to think there was a little from column a and a little from column b

but your point is well taken

Users who are viewing this thread