What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wow (1 Viewer)

Wow, those were some jaw dropping moves. I haven't seen moves like that since I took the field some years ago. yeah right!! :P That kid has some real talent. Hope his head is screwed on straight.

Mike Hart, the current freshman startring HB, was like this in HS as well. He is from my area and he was simply devastating. In one game he had 8 touches, over 400 yards of O and 7 TD's. He was unstoppable, but did not play at the highest level of ball in the state. Then again look at what he is doing now. Pretty impressive.

He looks ok, our highschool team put together a highlight film and our quarterback looked just as good if not better, and we played 8 man ball in the midwest. It's amazing how good a guy can look with one or two poor tackles.

The division this kid plays in is the biggest in Florida. If someone can destroy teams like he's doing then he's got some real talent. It'll be interesting to follow this kid and see if he keeps this up.

I saw just as much terrible tackling as I saw great running. ;)
That's typical HS football. However, when there's a pattern of a guy making HS tacklers look bad then you know the guy is talented. Especially when he played for a big school in a state like Florida.

I saw this the other day. I'll repeat what I said then. All I see is a fast guy who runs lots of sweeps to wide open areas of the field and beats 1 or 2 guys. There was really only 1 or 2 plays where I thought he did something exceptional. His speed and raw ability will get him somewhere, but what can he do against a team where everyone is as fast as him is the question...

I went to Marlon Lucky's game against Hollywood on Friday and the kid is the real deal. He reminded me a lot of Tomlinson with his catching ability. He lined up a lot at WR when the game was put out of reach and made a couple tough passes. It looks like he's going to Nebraska and if he does Husker fans should be very happy.

I counted 5 of those runs that I was actually impressed with. Other than that, typical high school football. He'll be decent but, if you are going to compare him to Barry, it had better be Barry Foster....he's no Barry Sanders.

a lot of you dont realize that hes only 15!. also players look slow on tape, but not this guy...hes awesome

I know this is about Noel Devine but...

I went to Marlon Lucky's game against Hollywood on Friday and the kid is the real deal. ..It looks like he's going to Nebraska and if he does Husker fans should be very happy.
CSTU, since when is he going to Nebraska? They weren't even on his top 5 in May. What I heard was he's 90% going to USC, if he can get/keep his grades up. He was spotted at the Washington game, on the sidelines. This year's class isn't too RB deep, so 'SC has been recruiting him pretty hard.

I know this is about Noel Devine but...

I went to Marlon Lucky's game against Hollywood on Friday and the kid is the real deal. ..It looks like he's going to Nebraska and if he does Husker fans should be very happy.
CSTU, since when is he going to Nebraska? They weren't even on his top 5 in May. What I heard was he's 90% going to USC, if he can get/keep his grades up. He was spotted at the Washington game, on the sidelines. This year's class isn't too RB deep, so 'SC has been recruiting him pretty hard.
Nebraska and USC are his top 2 schools so it will be close. However, he just got back from a trip to Nebraska and was impressed (fans chanting his name at the game, people asking for autographs, etc.). Even though he plays for N. Hollywood he's more of a small town guy so I can see him going there. I talked to the guy that went with him to Nebraska and he was wearing a Nebraska sweatshirt and told me he hopes Lucky chooses them. He'll get to play right away there and will be stuck behind Bush at USC. USC's biggest advantage is that they are #1 right now and will be loaded with talent. I want him to go to USC since I live in LA, but went to Iowa State and loathe Husker fans :X Nothing personal, but the way they took over our stadium when we played them at home drove me nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nebraska and USC are his top 2 schools so it will be close. However, he just got back from a trip to Nebraska and was impressed (fans chanting his name at the game, people asking for autographs, etc.).
CSTU: Thanks for the inside info...He'll/he'd only be behind White/Bush for one year, since both Bush and White are going to leave early.

Nebraska and USC are his top 2 schools so it will be close. However, he just got back from a trip to Nebraska and was impressed (fans chanting his name at the game, people asking for autographs, etc.).
CSTU: Thanks for the inside info...He'll/he'd only be behind White/Bush for one year, since both Bush and White are going to leave early.
Bad news for Trojan fans, Lucky chooses Nebraska: http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/l...orts-highschoolBy the way, he went off last Friday for 219 yards on 14 carries and had 3 rushing touchdowns and 1 receiving.The good news for Trojans fans is that they still have a chance at Jonathan Stewart (5-10, 224, 4.52) who passed Lucky as the #1 RB in the country in the Rivals.com ranking. He's visiting USC on the 27th so a lot will depend on how that visit goes. He seems like good kid as well, intelligent and very religious.

Bad news for Trojan fans, Lucky chooses Nebraska: http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/l...orts-highschoolBy the way, he went off last Friday for 219 yards on 14 carries and had 3 rushing touchdowns and 1 receiving.The good news for Trojans fans is that they still have a chance at Jonathan Stewart (5-10, 224, 4.52) who passed Lucky as the #1 RB in the country in the Rivals.com ranking. He's visiting USC on the 27th so a lot will depend on how that visit goes. He seems like good kid as well, intelligent and very religious.
CSTU, thanks for the info. Big Husker fan here, so this is great news. Just how good is this kid? Does he have the ability to make an Adrian Peterson-like impact as a frosh?

I don't think he's quite at the AP level, but he reminds me a lot of Kevin Jones with better hands. That's saying a lot since I liked KJ coming out of high school and thought then he would end up being the #1 overall pick in the draft. From what I've seen, there's not much you can say you don't like about Marlon Lucky. I was really impressed by his hands, he caught everything thrown his way. Hopefully he gets used a lot in the passing game at Nebraska. If anyone reminds me of Faulk, it's this kid. Let me just say that he'll be the best RB you've had a Nebraska since Ahman Green. One more thing, please have him take it easy on the Cyclones :bag:

I don't think he's quite at the AP level, but he reminds me a lot of Kevin Jones with better hands. That's saying a lot since I liked KJ coming out of high school and thought then he would end up being the #1 overall pick in the draft. From what I've seen, there's not much you can say you don't like about Marlon Lucky. I was really impressed by his hands, he caught everything thrown his way. Hopefully he gets used a lot in the passing game at Nebraska. If anyone reminds me of Faulk, it's this kid. Let me just say that he'll be the best RB you've had a Nebraska since Ahman Green. One more thing, please have him take it easy on the Cyclones :bag:
:headbang:

I'm sure he'll commit to Utah as soon as he possibly can. They are the best college football program in the country, hands down.

Not to take anything from the kids abilities (wasn't able to see the clip), but from reading his stats, kids are doing this type of stuff in HIGH SCHOOL all the time. Let's see what he does in college...assuming he goes to college.

Not to take anything from the kids abilities (wasn't able to see the clip), but from reading his stats, kids are doing this type of stuff in HIGH SCHOOL all the time. Let's see what he does in college...assuming he goes to college.
Yep I remember when ten guys in my high school league and 2 guys on my team did it. ;) After watching the clips though he was getting some gapping holes at times but also showed some strength. I don't think he is as fast as he appears but he his a damn grass hopper.Sorry was refering to the Noel Divine clip.

ESPN is pimping Reggie Bush's High School tape...made me think of this one...Reggie's tape doesn't have anything on this one...

good bump ... I missed this originally.Kid is insane, any early word where he's going ?Great balance, speed, moves ... against top HS competition in Florida , very impressed.

BUMP.

This Kid is rated the #1 RB in the nation for next year's recruiting class. Awesome that we discussed this kid over a year ago.

Way to go Noel Devine. And I hope you like Hollywood and Sunshine, cause you need to be in Cardinal and Gold come 2007!

BTDT, this guy blew off neon and his overtures for help... Devine has EXTREME talent, but appears to have half the character of TO or Randy Moss....  he may be a poor man's MoCLo
Yup, here's the article:http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...29/0/LIFESTYLES

The sunshinepreps site took down his clip, probably cause it's getting hammered. Anyone download the new one and feel like uploading it somewhere?

So, no one knows anything new about this kid? Has he committed to a school yet?

That one clip of the screen pass about 8 1/2 minutes into the video is :eek: .

How many carries a game does this kid get? How would a coach NOT ride him to death? Gotta wonder how his body will hold up since this is just HS.

Did my best to come up with some devils advocate comments...but watching the whole clip I couldn't.
Kid looks like a hell of a talent, but he has his issues...Link

Devine truly has One Life to Live. But if his life remains on its alarming pace, it's inevitably doomed. His short 17 years have been filled with as much turmoil as he has talent.

He lost his mother to a long illness when he was 12. He never knew his father. And now he's a father, twice, himself.

Last winter, Devine experienced death once again as he witnessed one of his best friends being gunned down.

And then came this summer's drama of Deion Sanders, a former North Fort Myers standout now with the NFL's Baltimore Ravens, trying to adopt him, police questioning Sanders' intentions, and then Devine showing his true breakaway skills. After two weeks at Sanders' Prosper, Texas, pad, Devine drove one of Sanders' cars, without Sanders knowing, to the Dallas airport and flew back to Fort Myers.

Users who are viewing this thread