What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Brown, PHI (5 Viewers)

We don't know the type or severity of the bone bruise and Vrabel is slick so we probably won't

The average injury time for this is less than one week because the minor ones are oh so common

I'd expect the reporters to dig tomorrow and we'll hopefully know more
I think a move to IR or not will tell us how severe they think it is. Isn't there a 3 week IR stint this year? No IR would mean they don't think he'll miss that. 

I think a move to IR or not will tell us how severe they think it is. Isn't there a 3 week IR stint this year? No IR would mean they don't think he'll miss that. 
The Titans are fortunate to have several workout warriors that seem to always be in shape and always show up in even better shape. Brown meshed right into that. I don't think you want to shelve a guy like that nor have him workout at home. If eating a roster spot (and they do have two extra this year) keeps him under the eyes of the coaches and trainers then I figure they'll just do that.

Again we don't know how bad it is. Supposing no swelling just caution, he could be helping Corey and be the WR in the seven DB workouts they had this week. 

They're "a different breed" and will get their workout in one way or another and don't know how to take it easy. I adore these guys but when injuries happen, ya worry about that very same mindset you admired

I know we won't no more until later in the week, but thought I'd ask anyways.  Anyone heard anything for week 3?  My squad is struggelling.

I know we won't no more until later in the week, but thought I'd ask anyways.  Anyone heard anything for week 3?  My squad is struggelling.
Teams can put players on IR if they are going to be OUT 3+ weeks, the fact AJB didn't land on it, to me I would assume he is playing at least in a limited role this week, maybe a snap count or on 3rd Down. I will say he draws a crowd and so if he can draw coverage away so Davis and Humphries are matching up against lesser DBs, that's good for Tennessee. 

Just an opinion and POV.

Teams can put players on IR if they are going to be OUT 3+ weeks, the fact AJB didn't land on it, to me I would assume he is playing at least in a limited role this week, maybe a snap count or on 3rd Down. I will say he draws a crowd and so if he can draw coverage away so Davis and Humphries are matching up against lesser DBs, that's good for Tennessee. 

Just an opinion and POV.
Every bone bruise is different, but I am not planning on him this week. My hope is he gets in limited work Friday, is a gameday inactive, then all systems go next week. This is not something he should rush back from. 

Speaking Tuesday, Titans WRs coach Rob Moore was noncommittal on A.J. Brown's (knee/bone bruise) Week 3 status. 

“When he does get back, whether it’s this week or next week, he has to prepared and ready to go from a mental standpoint," Moore said, rather unhelpfully. "He can’t lose that edge that he got in training camp.” Brown did not seem particularly close to suiting up last week. We would consider him on the wrong side of questionable to return vs. Minnesota's struggling defense. 

SOURCE: Erik Bacharach on Twitter 

Sep 22, 2020, 1:38 PM ET

Wed. 9/23: Brown says he's feeling better

Brown says his injury is feeling better day by day, per Erik Bacharach of the Tennessean.

“Every day is better and better, I can say that,” he said of his injury. “But as of right now, I got to take it slow. I’m doing everything I can to be back out there with the team. When that day comes, you know I’ll be ready.”

He also noted that he’s working as hard as he can to get back, but still doesn’t know when that will be exactly.

“It’s frustrating,” he said. “But my teammates, they’re playing really well right now. … I’ll be back out there with them soon. I don’t know when yet, but I’m working every day to try to get back as fast as I can and try to be a part of the offense again.”

Our next update will come this afternoon when the Titans release their first injury report of the week.

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/lists/a-j-brown-injury-tracker-week-3-status-titans/

Man, I don't know what to do with this guy. Thinking about just offering him for Diontae Johnson and crossing my fingers I can be rid of him. 

FBG staff/projections/draft dominator etc. all seemed to be super high on AJB, so I took the plunge. 

Better days ahead, or take the L and move on?

he's terrific, the offense is good, he's just injured.  I guess it depends on your depth but if you can limp along for another week it sounds like he's getting close.   

he's terrific, the offense is good, he's just injured.  I guess it depends on your depth but if you can limp along for another week it sounds like he's getting close.   
Yeah, I have a weak-ish opponent this week so I'm gonna wait and see but I'm getting bad feelings about this. Kinda feeling like we could be at week 6 and still not have a concrete timeline. 

Yeah, I have a weak-ish opponent this week so I'm gonna wait and see but I'm getting bad feelings about this. Kinda feeling like we could be at week 6 and still not have a concrete timeline. 
If the Titans seriously thought it could linger that long they'd put him on I.R.

No practice today for AJB per Twitter.

Same for Jonnu Smith :oldunsure:
Rotoworld:

A.J. Brown (knee) is not practicing Wednesday.

Dealing with a bone bruise in his knee, Brown isn't looking all that likely to suit up for Week 3 after missing last week's win over the Jaguars. Corey Davis played 81% of the snaps against Jacksonville, followed by Cameron Batson (55%), Adam Humphries (55%), and Kalif Raymond (45%). It was Davis and Jonnu Smith doing the heavy lifting for Ryan Tannehill.

SOURCE: Turron Davenport on Twitter

Sep 23, 2020, 3:10 PM ET

A.J. Brown (knee) remained sidelined at Titans practice Thursday. 

It appears inevitable that Brown will miss his second consecutive game with a bone bruise. At this point, Brown should be considered no better than 50-50 to suit up for Week 4 against the Steelers. 

Sep 24, 2020, 5:11 PM ET

Out for week 3.

I guess the timeline was unknown but seems like they could have done the 3 week IR thing.  I am pessimistic re: next week availability.

I’d rather they be sure he’s healthy, but hopefully this isn’t a sign that he’s not even close.

Thinking about rolling out Humphries in the flex over Desean and J Cook. 

Relaxxx, there’s still a lot of football left. Buy low..
I think I would too

Tannehill seems to be answering questions about whether last year was a fluke and the Titans passing game looks better and more fantasy friendly than I imagined--all without their best WR

I think I would too

Tannehill seems to be answering questions about whether last year was a fluke and the Titans passing game looks better and more fantasy friendly than I imagined--all without their best WR
Yes, the market has not corrected on Tanny yet. This is in some probability, what Tanny was always supposed to be. It takes some a little longer to reach their potential, a lot of things need to go right in the NFL before talent translates to on the field success. I say some probability bc we cant help but remember all the Jay Cutler-ish things weve seen from him over the years. But I've always said if you dont have a lot of track record to go on (young players in general), if a player can prove consistent for back to back seasons, the talent is for real. If a player can sustain for 3 seasons, he has fully arrived. I think right now we-re in the middle of that 3 year progression

Titans(MoP) will wish they had IR him in the 1st place for 3 weeks, first time I have seen a team really misstep in their assessment and approach to an injury at one of the key skill positions. 

I have to keep carrying him, we made special rules this season allowing for IR-taxi because of these 3 week IR moves teams are running but at some point I may have to completely cut bait just due to roster rules etc..

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, they seem near certain to play Monday or Tuesday.
Game cancelled.

This is a shining moment for our AJ Brown feast equity. We get a virtual free bye week for him to heal and an extra week of play if he can get back on the field and produce.

Wait wat?

Titans WR A.J. Brown (knee) is expected to play against the Bills in Week 5. 

This, of course, assumes the Titans are able to piece together a team with COVID-positive players having to be away from team facilities for ten days, followed by a ramp up period. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Brown, who hasn't played since Week 1, "had a chance" to play this week against the Steelers. That game has since been postponed after the Titans' COVID-19 outbreak. Brown should be reinserted into fantasy lineups as soon as he's active. 

- Rotoworld
Since when? Has anyone seen him practice/work out on the side? How?

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Tennessee hasn't been able to practice; if they had been according to this news A.J. would've been able to get some Limited practices and possibly play this week.

Wait wat?

ya, surprises me as I've been looking for something and it's been radio silence.  The expectation was that he might be ready this week but I just hadn't heard anything.  I hope it's the case he can play next week.

AJ will be back against the Bills pending (team) Covid clearance.

It wasn't practice on the side loosen up  type injury but waiting for a bruise to heal. It wasn't even that he couldn't do this n that, it was that the bone bruise made it painful. So....that's why it seems sudden, just how it goes with a bone bruise

Buff not the greatest matchup to put him in to FF lineups coming off injury, but chances are most of that drafted him need him and will use him.

Wait wat?

Titans WR A.J. Brown (knee) is expected to play against the Bills in Week 5. 

This, of course, assumes the Titans are able to piece together a team with COVID-positive players having to be away from team facilities for ten days, followed by a ramp up period. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Brown, who hasn't played since Week 1, "had a chance" to play this week against the Steelers. That game has since been postponed after the Titans' COVID-19 outbreak. Brown should be reinserted into fantasy lineups as soon as he's active. 

- Rotoworld

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Tennessee hasn't been able to practice; if they had been according to this news A.J. would've been able to get some Limited practices and possibly play this week.
Hey boss, I think the fact Tennessee did not put him on IR initially meant they didn't think it was a serious injury. We later heard what I would say are "rumors" at this point that his injury wasn't healing etc...AJBrown himself said he wanted to take it slow which I believe is hwy folks felt the need to whip up the "AJB is seriously hurt" and somewhere between what happened or is happening and the spin i just put on it is likely the true story. 

I will be elated if he can take the field next week, I like what I saw Week 1 but he was triple covered. I hope Corey Davis emergence and SMith working at TE will give AJ a chance to operate, he's only in Year 2 and they cover him like he's a 5-Year Vet already. 

What's he worth in PPR dynasty right now?
I don't know but if you want to buy the time is now. I'm contending and winning with him on my bench, so I'm not looking to sell. Would still have to be a deal I can't refuse type offer. But if you have a contender at 1-3 or 2-2 who needs production at the WR spot, throw a first + low WR1 at them.

Redraft: I have been bummed since Week 1 but fortunately have rebounded and with a winning record will get AJB back in the mix. 

I want to remind folks that Corey Davis was a pretty high draft pick, not his fault but he was heralded as The Guy at WR and AJ Brown not only did what he did as a rookie but he hd to fight thru the perception that Davis was the clear No 1 option in the passing game, he immediately made his impact felt. Not a lot of rookie WRs really get the opp to rack catches and produce, or maybe most rookies don't cash in the way AJ did and take advantage of those first few opportunities. Either way, i expect him to do well when he returns as long as he is fully healed from that bone bruise. I don't want to see what we saw with Julio Jones where he pushes it and we get a re-injury. It's not a must have in my line up just yet but sure I want to get him going. 

52-1,051-8TDs...20 ypc avg as a Rookie

Redraft: I have been bummed since Week 1 but fortunately have rebounded and with a winning record will get AJB back in the mix. 

I want to remind folks that Corey Davis was a pretty high draft pick, not his fault but he was heralded as The Guy at WR and AJ Brown not only did what he did as a rookie but he hd to fight thru the perception that Davis was the clear No 1 option in the passing game, he immediately made his impact felt. Not a lot of rookie WRs really get the opp to rack catches and produce, or maybe most rookies don't cash in the way AJ did and take advantage of those first few opportunities. Either way, i expect him to do well when he returns as long as he is fully healed from that bone bruise. I don't want to see what we saw with Julio Jones where he pushes it and we get a re-injury. It's not a must have in my line up just yet but sure I want to get him going. 

52-1,051-8TDs...20 ypc avg as a Rookie
It sounded like he had a shot to play last week, so I'm guessing he's a full go this week? 

It sounded like he had a shot to play last week, so I'm guessing he's a full go this week? 
Wed-Thur-Fri practices will tell us a lot. I would like to see him practice in full like Kittle did making him an easy Start last week coming off injury. You hate starting a guy who hasn't played a snap since week 1, that will be a month ago by the time we see him on Sunday. I just want him healthy, he isn't a total need on my team so I have the luxury of holding him back another week if need be. But it sounds like he should be clear to play. 

But I'm as eager as anyone to see him out there and playing well. 

Users who are viewing this thread