What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Barion Brown, Kentucky (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Brown is a Kentucky Junior WR in 2024 and former 5 star recruit. As a UK fan I think he is overhyped in DEVY circles. I do think he will light up the combine next year and could be the next Xavier Worthy hype wise. The only problem is.....Xavier Worthy is better playing the position than Brown is. I kept expecting Brown to show more last year and it never happened. He dropped too many passes and from what I saw had issues getting separation at the line of scrimmage against physical corners. He does have a light frame at 6'1" 166 lbs (or 174, whichever you believe), so maybe that has something to do with it. He has the frame to add weight and strength and still maintain his athleticism, but will he? He needs that so he doesn't get pushed off at the LOS. I do however think he will be very good after the catch and can make big plays, if he catches it, because his ball tracking ability is there. He has a lot of speed and that will show up at the combine. Next April people will compare him to Worthy, but make no mistake about it, he is not like Xavier Worthy right now and won't be next April unless he builds strength and improves dramatically playing the position of wide receiver.

Last edited:
I’m in three DEVY leagues. He wasn’t on a roster prior to our 2024 drafts. In a 14 team ppr League where the DEVY draft is separate from the rookie draft, he went 1.06.

In another draft for a 12 team ppr league where DEVY and rookie drafts are combined he went 4.09. Can draft up to 15 DEVY players.

In another draft for a 12 team ppr league where DEVY and rookie drafts are combined, but you can only have 12 DEVY players rostered total for the entire league, he wasn’t drafted and wasn’t already rostered.

Since a lot of drafts have already completed, in those that include DEVY players, or just standalone DEVY drafts, I would love to hear where / if he was drafted. Include whether rookies and DEVYs are combined or standalone DEVY draft. Also include any DEVY limits and number of teams in the league and whether ppr or standard.

I’m in three DEVY leagues. He wasn’t on a roster prior to our 2024 drafts. In a 14 team ppr League where the DEVY draft is separate from the rookie draft, he went 1.06.

In another draft for a 12 team ppr league where DEVY and rookie drafts are combined he went 4.09. Can draft up to 15 DEVY players.

In another draft for a 12 team ppr league where DEVY and rookie drafts are combined, but you can only have 12 DEVY players rostered total for the entire league, he wasn’t drafted and wasn’t already rostered.
I don't think he was overhyped in our league. He was the 10th Devy WR taken, the 25th WR overall. I was shocked that the Devy picks lasted to the late 4th round and took a flyer on him. Liked him as a Freshman, took a step back last year with the failed Leary experiment. I think he can bounce back next year. As far as drops, eh, it happens. Worthy had a lot of drops his soph year also. I wouldn't compare the 2, Brown looks more filled out, weight wise, when I see him on the field. Not a big Kentucky fan, so I wasn't watching as much as you, but he has huge upside if he can put it all together. Wouldn't be surprised if he's considered a top 5 WR in next years class.

I don't think he was overhyped in our league. He was the 10th Devy WR taken, the 25th WR overall. I was shocked that the Devy picks lasted to the late 4th round and took a flyer on him. Liked him as a Freshman, took a step back last year with the failed Leary experiment. I think he can bounce back next year. As far as drops, eh, it happens. Worthy had a lot of drops his soph year also. I wouldn't compare the 2, Brown looks more filled out, weight wise, when I see him on the field. Not a big Kentucky fan, so I wasn't watching as much as you, but he has huge upside if he can put it all together. Wouldn't be surprised if he's considered a top 5 WR in next years class.
Being a top 5 wr next year is like being #5 rb this year. I spelled out what’s wrong with Brown right now. I also said what he needs to do to improve. I also said people will compare him to Worthy after next year’s combine, but that won’t be justified unless he adds strength and improved playing the position of WR.

12 yard TD on Ky’s 2nd drive. I hope I see improvement this year for this highly touted prospect. I had my doubts so far, but I’m open minded.

Users who are viewing this thread